Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece (38012 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Pastor Shedrack Bako, 4 Others Drown As Boat Capsizes In Taraba / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by yemre: 2:07am On Jun 15, 2023
But really, people get mind oo. You mean say man pikin go enter this kain crowded boat for this kain turbulent sea! Even with life jacket I no fit try am. Just imagine na!!!!

Ship capsize for this kain stormy sea with this magnitude of crowd on board? Even on life jacket plus swimming skill, chances of survival is very slim.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by kapiostic: 2:08am On Jun 15, 2023
Survival
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Taigaban: 6:00am On Jun 15, 2023
Angelfrost:
At least 15 Nigerians go dey that list...! undecided

Their families will spend the next couple of years wondering why their sons and daughters traveled abroad and abandoned them!
no just say 60% of those migrants are Nigerians. But note that Nigerians are always over prepare for such journey. So Nigerians might not made the list of those that drowned. Life in Nigeria is over-hard so we don't take chances.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by tete7000(m): 6:05am On Jun 15, 2023
inoki247:
Eh eh na Capsizing week Nigeria just lost 103 also...

Why're people failing to put on Life Jacket dem get two life or what....

Even with life jackets on chances of surviving for a long time when boats capsized in a cold freezing ocean water kilometres from land is slim. The longer your body is exposed to cold water, even cold air, the faster your chances of catching hypothermia and then death. That's why early rescue is important. Water, particularly cold one is no friend of human body, temperature drops once body comes in contact with water and the longer this continues the deadlier it becomes.

1 Like

Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by magzey: 6:15am On Jun 15, 2023
Adebaba1:
It's very sad to see people Lose their lives all in the name of greener pastures.
I want to ask if the ones that are alive will be deported
Call the German prime minister and know better
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by HomeTutorsPro: 6:33am On Jun 15, 2023
obedience4:

Greece's coastguard said the boat was spotted in international waters late on Tuesday by an aircraft belonging to EU border agency Frontex. The coastguard said that the passengers "refused any help" and that none on board were wearing life jackets

But just a few hours later, the boat capsized and sank, triggering a search and rescue operation, which was then complicated by strong winds.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65901005

I smell a huge black rat.
So the passengers "refused help" and the boat capsized.
More like the passengers refused to surrender to interception/arrest and their boat was sunk.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by occfx: 6:57am On Jun 15, 2023
inoki247:

A ganja man trying to escape the zoo republic don't have time for live jacket
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:30am On Jun 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Their families will spend the next couple of years wondering why their sons and daughters traveled abroad and abandoned them!
So sad!
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by izibili44: 7:35am On Jun 15, 2023
lazkizz:
grin grin
why the smile. Abi you be devil incarnate.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by 3verblazing(m): 7:45am On Jun 15, 2023
And they'll all still get deported after recovery. Wasted effort.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Quenncee: 8:03am On Jun 15, 2023
OP use the word DIED or FEARED DEAD instead of KILLED.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Love56743: 8:24am On Jun 15, 2023
I wanted to risk this journey 2014/2015, But after calculating the risk i discover that my life worth more than this, Thank God majority of my friends that travel that time, have not achieved 50% of what i have achieved thank God for life..
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by flyinnizam(m): 8:25am On Jun 15, 2023
Adebaba1:
It's very sad to see people Lose their lives all in the name of greener pastures.
I want to ask if the ones that are alive will be deported
I go just act like I lose my memory
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by flyinnizam(m): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

exactly some bodies would be discovered
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Princelumide: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2023
One of the issues with these European coastguard is that, they will see and know that there's danger for the people on the boat, but they won't say anything until it eventually capsizes... Rescue will now begin... Nonsense!!!
sad undecided cry
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by makahlj2: 8:51am On Jun 15, 2023
tete7000:

Even with life jackets on chances of surviving for a long time when boats capsized in a cold freezing ocean water

What cold freezing water? We're talking about the Mediterranean during summer, not about the Beaufort Sea.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by sameks08(m): 8:53am On Jun 15, 2023
Death everywhere God unto your holy hand we commit our soul
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by SKIBiNSKI(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:

More like the passengers refused to surrender to interception/arrest and their boat was sunk.
How did you know this? Where you there? Why would they refuse to be arrested? If you cross the sea and trying to enter illegally into a country why wouldn't you be arrested? Or even checked by border patrols. You think you can just wonder into a country without passports or ID just like that? Some of them could be criminals, murderers and terrorists. Even at the airports arrivees are checked by immigration, so what is the difference wth these illegals arriving by an unussual and illegal routes?
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by makahlj2: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:

The goal of such boats is usually to capsize. Then, according to international law of the sea, the closest countries are obliged to save the passengers and transport them to their territory.

HomeTutorsPro:

Why arrest them? They're in international waters and are doing nothing unlawful. But an intact boat with migrants just won't be allowed entry to any port in the EU. The only way for the people on the boat to enter an EU country is the boat to capsize.

At least it's pretty obvious that neither Greece nor Italy draw any benefit from capsizing the boat.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Onionstew: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2023
inoki247:

Life jacket or not... I no dey enter boat... My fobia for water no be here angry
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Kaiser20: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad if u must Japa,do it legally. This is part of 1000 ways to die. Mercy Lord sad sad sad
Dem no go hear, and some Nigerian graduates are among dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by dona4real(m): 10:22am On Jun 15, 2023
Almost the place where Paul in the Bible and some others boat also collapsed.
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by Aeman(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
Islamization agenda continues
Re: Dozens Killed As Migrant Boat Capsizes Off Greece by GanagiBeetrus: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport / Train Crushes Man To Pieces In Benue State (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Recent Photos Of Port-Harcourt International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.