Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House (14711 Views)

How I Landed My House After Squatting / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Stevenbright(m): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:
I think you should not give it to the Medic people.

My reasons include;
1. They will be dealing with Blood and all of that has it own smell.

2. They may change some designs to adapt the building for their purpose.

3. They are dealing Life and Spirits.

4. Are you sure they will be efficient in terms of disposal of medic waste etc...

In addition to these, those guys can use the property as a collateral to collect loan as though they own it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by phemmyfour: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
eni070:
I own a three bedroom apartment but due to undeveloped area that the house was built I move out to a developed area. I was call by my neighbor that live with the undeveloped area that someone is interested renting the house and he want to use it for a clinic. I don’t know if I should rent it out or not. I don’t know if they can handle the house well.
Never
Only get a tenant that's going to live there. Besides, the original purpose of the building isn't for commercial

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by kernniejay(m): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
Rent it out before it becomes a hide out for kidnappers and armed robbers, or better still, a habitat for reptiles that will be terrorizing the neighbourhood.
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Noblegraphix20(m): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
Foodqueen:
smiley

To a clinic. You will regret it. If they decide to move, u will renovate tire cos them go partition every nook and cranny of the house.

No amount of damages paid will cover up for you.

I won't rent a house I built to my taste to anyone. I will rather leave it till the area is develop enough.

Dealing with tenant is a big deal.

Then you will end up renovating it with your money when that place finally develops after decades..
Abi u think the house will remain the same?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by ObaaOfYorubaLan: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
eni070:
I own a three bedroom apartment but due to undeveloped area that the house was built I move out to a developed area. I was call by my neighbor that live with the undeveloped area that someone is interested renting the house and he want to use it for a clinic. I don’t know if I should rent it out or not. I don’t know if they can handle the house well.

From brown roof Ogbomosho to Lagos state right?

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by hardon1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
If the amount is cool, rent it out with a standard agreement and that they won't make any modification on the building
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Meteng: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Never rent out your property to the medical, religious or law enforcement field.

When the clinic defaults, you will be powerless to evacuate a nonagenarian on wheelbed and drip shitting through a pipe or a newly born baby and the mom.

You go weak.
cheesy
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by MechanicMike: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
frozen70:

I think you need to visit the person that wants to rent it
Both of you can meet there to discuss, find out what he needs it for

If he us a Doctor ask him if his MMA ID card to be sure he us a registered Doctor so that one day they will not seal your house for being use as a quack Doctor operation place

If he can't defend that he us a doctor

Then it's a know for me

Alternatively, carve out a self contain apartment to put there out of for rent because it's not good to abandon that house just like that

YOU AGAIN!!

Fango or Fangtom or wotever yor IBO name is...anyways bae..am in Marrroit hotel right now. can u come down & do u were mini sket please?..and please hurry soon please. when can u come by please & wot time please?(no oofeinsce) smiley
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by rickleye: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
TotalWomanTV:
I honestly think you should give it a try rather than leaving your property locked up... Rental income is a good one especially with our current economic realities. You can have a lawyer draft an agreement on maintenance and emphasize that damages would be paid for. SHALOM!

Exactly get a lawyer involved and try it out on year basis if it works out then long term
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Kobicove(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
I would not advise that you let it out to a hospital

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by brightDdon(m): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
Noblegraphix20:

His reasons are reasonable pls..

Ok if you say so.
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Abujaexpress: 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
eni070:
If it's in Abuja, I can help you manage the property
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Psoul(m): 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
eni070:
I own a three bedroom apartment but due to undeveloped area that the house was built I move out to a developed area. I was call by my neighbor that live with the undeveloped area that someone is interested renting the house and he want to use it for a clinic. I don’t know if I should rent it out or not. I don’t know if they can handle the house well

If you're going to rent it out for business, make sure you're not going to make use of that place in the near future. This is because, when that business is well known with that address, it will be very difficult for them to move out from there to a new location.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by abobote: 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
Personally I won't rent my house out for clinic, except I'm sure I won't come stay in the house again
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Pootle: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
if you wise avoid renting your property to a clinic, look for some that will live in it

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Jaybee3456: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
When my father decided not to rent his house to the clinic people we all thought he was deluded or something cos the rent money was quite high.. but now our eyes have opened, OP if you no go ever live for that house be my guest and go ahead but if eventually you will better take heed.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
eni070:
what ever your decision is, one thing is constant, if you rent it, it will keep appreciating, if you don't rent it, it keeps depreciating
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Foodqueen(f): 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Noblegraphix20:

Then you will end up renovating it with your money when that place finally develops after decades..
Abi u think the house will remain the same?

Then u don't know anything.

How long does it takes a developing site to be fully developed.
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Blazadenise(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
Renting it out is absolutely fine, but not for medic purpose abeg....
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by greggng: 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2023
Shopable:
Ain't you renting the current place you stay?

Rent it out. With ironclad agreements on maintenance and ensure they pay 2 months to the end of their yearly rent.

Have a 7 days notice clause once they default on payments.

Also. I don't know why most people hate living in "rural" or undeveloped area.

Real wealthy people even in the west have houses deep inside the bush. Nd then have a house in town.

If they want to do vacation/farming period. They go to their house.

And rent the one in the city.

But here. Our people think living in noisy cities all round d year is flex.

Just like they think eating indomie and spaghetti is flex over eating fresh vegetables everyday is "big man"

I use to think like you untill robbers visited me 3 times . You will t be the same again ...your mental health will be at stake ...you will regret living in such area . Safety and security is very important in life ..imagine someone raping your wife and daughter infront if you ...

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by malali: 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Shopable:
Ain't you renting the current place you stay?

Rent it out. With ironclad agreements on maintenance and ensure they pay 2 months to the end of their yearly rent.

Have a 7 days notice clause once they default on payments.

Also. I don't know why most people hate living in "rural" or undeveloped area.

Real wealthy people even in the west have houses deep inside the bush. Nd then have a house in town.

If they want to do vacation/farming period. They go to their house.

And rent the one in the city.

But here. Our people think living in noisy cities all round d year is flex.

Just like they think eating indomie and spaghetti is flex over eating fresh vegetables everyday is "big man"

I am happy to see there are Nigerians with these mindset. What would be your recommendations for a 2 acre property outside the city, in Nigeria, preferably in the northern side kwara, Niger upwards . About 1-2 hours to a major city, safe serene ??

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by fineboynl(m): 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
No. Only rent it for residence purposes.

Except you don’t plan to use that house ever again. Even if the hospital packed out. It will be difficult to see who will rent it again for residential purposes.

Building should be build for hospital and not rented to hospital.
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by oduz: 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
OP ....
Golden rule of Assets & Liabilities ...
LET it out to yield income, that's what makes it an ASSET otherwise it will remain a LIABILITY (because it will consume taxes at least....

Meet to interview your Prospects before they become Tenants ...

You are safer with Professionals like Doctors, because they have a Code of Ethics & a License to loose ...

Beyond the basic Rent, charge a refundable Caution fee (so you won't need to have to chase them to effect repairs when the rent lapses ....

Engage a Lawyer to protect you well with a well written Agreement well nurtured with essential clauses...

Remain where you are, but start investing in a new home from rent collected .....

D.m me if u face any challenge ....
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Coolgent(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Lease it out for 5 years with option of rent review after 2 years..and also input small security clause with grammar.. Plenty types dey.

And you are good to Go..Enjoy Dubai style of landleasing and make your mulla
What is dubai style of land leasing?
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by tunize(m): 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Shebi you built a 3 bed room, just watch and see how the clinic will partition your apartment into something else.
Better rent am give family to stay
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Shopable: 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
greggng:

I use to think like you untill robbers visited me 3 times . You will t be the same again ...your mental health will be at stake ...you will regret living in such area . Safety and security is very important in life ..imagine someone raping your wife and daughter infront if you ...

True. But u don't go Karu lafia road and build the only duplex in the area and expect not to have robbers visiting you.

The key is having roots in the community.

Understandstanding the risks. Support the vigilanteee groups. They fit even make u councilor or HOA member if u play ur card right. I know people from the east who live in some inner villages up north like this. Them dey be councilor. HOA members. Community reps etc. Cus the community trust them to represent them well.
Life na brain brain.

Even in the town. E get as u go flashy reach. Men of the night go track u for kidnap or outright car snatching.

The key is being humble. Being part of the community especially if u are a stranger. Be humble. It's even the religious thing to do.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Shopable: 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
malali:

I am happy to see there are Nigerians with these mindset. What would be your recommendations for a 2 acre property outside the city, in Nigeria, preferably in the northern side kwara, Niger upwards . About 1-2 hours to a major city, safe serene ??

Depending on you.
There's lots of factors to consider.

Such as your means of livelihood (if you work remote. Perfect)

Your children age and the kind of education you want for them. Real wealthy (think ote$ or Elon Musk, their children are home schooled and then sent to boarding for higher education)

Then. D only question should be. Do you want to enjoy a serene life like our ancestors?

Or you want to park urself like sardines in apartment buildings and be breathing dirty air in overcrowded cities?

Your answer is as good as mine is
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2023
Considered the spiritual nature of the house.. Gives to a families or a business enterprises..Not medical where different spiritual works always goes..

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCTA To Demolish 140 Illegal Structures In Abuja Communities / BOSMAK HAVEN VGC LEKKI, LAGOS. BUY YOUR DREAM HOUSE NOW! / Cost Of Sand Filling Your Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.