Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House (14677 Views)

My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by eni070(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
I own a three bedroom apartment but due to undeveloped area that the house was built I move out to a developed area. I was call by my neighbor that live with the undeveloped area that someone is interested renting the house and he want to use it for a clinic. I don’t know if I should rent it out or not. I don’t know if they can handle the house well.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by TotalWomanTV: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
I honestly think you should give it a try rather than leaving your property locked up... Rental income is a good one especially with our current economic realities. You can have a lawyer draft an agreement on maintenance and emphasize that damages would be paid for. SHALOM!

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by VeryWickedMan: 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Never rent out your property to the medical, religious or law enforcement field.

When the clinic defaults, you will be powerless to evacuate a nonagenarian on wheelbed and drip shitting through a pipe or a newly born baby and the mom.

You go weak.

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Sonnobax15(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
lipsrsealed
Don't ever think of renting it out to yahoo boys... Because they are the worst set of homo sapiens.....

If really want your peace of mind, don't do that........

7 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by GboyegaD(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hear out the business owner and lease out the apartment once you are convinced and they are willing to abide by your terms.

Please involve a lawyer in the transaction.

11 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Shopable: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ain't you renting the current place you stay?

Rent it out. With ironclad agreements on maintenance and ensure they pay 2 months to the end of their yearly rent.

Have a 7 days notice clause once they default on payments.

Also. I don't know why most people hate living in "rural" or undeveloped area.

Real wealthy people even in the west have houses deep inside the bush. Nd then have a house in town.

If they want to do vacation/farming period. They go to their house.

And rent the one in the city.

But here. Our people think living in noisy cities all round d year is flex.

Just like they think eating indomie and spaghetti is flex over eating fresh vegetables everyday is "big man"

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by callmevirus(m): 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
Rent it out

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by emmy512: 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
Renting a residential to a business like hospital clinic isn't a good idea

16 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
undecided
I thought you wanted selling it 2.5M?

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by aikyg(m): 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
Make the rent very affordable, look for an agent and then specifically give him instruction that you want very responsible tenants. Also make sure that you personally interview every tenant and find out what they do and where they work. It does not matter if they are married or unmarried; the most important thing is what they do and how they behave.

If you do this, you'll be sure of getting your rent as and when due.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by theophorus(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2023
I think you should not give it to the Medic people.

My reasons include;
1. They will be dealing with Blood and all of that has it own smell.

2. They may change some designs to adapt the building for their purpose.

3. They are dealing Life and Spirits.

4. Are you sure they will be efficient in terms of disposal of medic waste etc...

19 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by wunmi590(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2023

It is not a bad idea to rent it out, but I want you to zero your mind that, you might not be able to use the house again, because there's going to be alot of covlnversion that would have happened to the building...

Also when giving it out, make sure your sign a very concrete agreement with your lawyer, the person you are leasing it to, so that there won't be future problem...

Also let him know that, the land use charge would be taking care by him, if that happens where the land is...

5 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Primusinterpares(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Let the poor breath bro
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Onucs(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
Wahala shocked
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by obinnaxci(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
You should rent it instead of living it as a liability. Make sure you enter into a WRITTEN AGREEMENT with the prospective tenant and state inside the agreement what purpose you want it used for.
eni070:
I own a three bedroom apartment but due to undeveloped area that the house was built I move out to a developed area. I was call by my neighbor that live with the undeveloped area that someone is interested renting the house and he want to use it for a clinic. I don’t know if I should rent it out or not. I don’t know if they can handle the house well.
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Innobee99(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
eni070:
Give it out as lease instead which should be renewable 2yrs interval.
And subject to termination too.
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
Lease it out for 5 years with option of rent review after 2 years..and also input small security clause with grammar.. Plenty types dey.

And you are good to Go..Enjoy Dubai style of landleasing and make your mulla

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Foodqueen(f): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
smiley

To a clinic. You will regret it. If they decide to move, u will renovate tire cos them go partition every nook and cranny of the house.

No amount of damages paid will cover up for you.

I won't rent a house I built to my taste to anyone. I will rather leave it till the area is develop enough.

Dealing with tenant is a big deal.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by frozen70(f): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
eni070:

I think you need to visit the person that you wants to rent it to

Both of you can meet there to discuss, find out what he needs it for

If he is a Doctor ask him of his MMA ID card to be sure he is a registered Doctor so that one day they will not seal your house for being use as a quack Doctor operation place

If he can't defend that he is a doctor

Then it's a no for you

Alternatively, carve out a self contain apartment to put there out for rent because it's not good to abandon that house just like that

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Lerumo: 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
If you decide to rent it out make sure you get a lawyer involved to draft a comprehensive legal agreement.

Also make sure to take pictures of the property before the tenant moves in.
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by brightDdon(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=VeryWickedMan post=123799158]Never rent out your property to the medical, religious or law enforcement field.

When the clinic defaults, you will be powerless to evacuate a nonagenarian on wheelbed and drip shitting through a pipe or a newly born baby and the mom.

You go weak.[/quote

Your comments are always with no sense
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by depato88(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:

My reasons include;

3. They are dealing Life and Spirits.

4. Are you sure they will be efficient in terms of disposal of medic waste etc...

Same thought with mine except if he don't mind

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Winters23: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
grin
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by samuelson06(m): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
theophorus:

My reasons include;

3. They are dealing with Life and Spirits.

Seriously, they can leave behind one stubborn evil spirit that wouldn't allow anyone to live in the house again grin

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Gbenga4ever1411: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Don't sell now.. keep it for investment
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Habyyet: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2023
Don't rent your house for clinics unless you have a long term plan before coming back to the house

If there are youth corp members around it's a better option

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Noblegraphix20(m): 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Omo..
Wise advice is needed ooo
Re: I Need Advice Please Renting Out My House by Noblegraphix20(m): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=brightDdon post=123814038][/quote]

His reasons are reasonable pls..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

ROoms,self Contain And Flats To Let In Enugu,enugu State / House On Fire In Warri, Delta State (Video) / FCTA To Demolish 140 Illegal Structures In Abuja Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.