Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma (344 Views)

Imo Was In The Cemetery When I Assumed Office, I Exhumed It – Uzodimma (Video) / Amaechi Became Governor Without Participating In Election / Okorocha Was Worth N50billion Before He Became Governor - Onwuasoanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by nairavsdollars(f): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
Imo state governor, Hope Uzodimma on Tuesday said he inherited a state that was in a cemetery when he took over in 2020.

Uzodimma, who ran on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) became governor in January 2020 after the Supreme Court sacked Emeka Ihedioha who was declared the winner of the 2019 governorship election in the state.

Speaking on Channels Television programme ‘Politics Today’, on why he should be reelected for a second term, Uzodimma said political observers and residents of the state agreed that the situation in the state has greatly improved compared to when he assumed office three years ago.

He said he met an Imo state that was in the cemetery and moribund with no compass for him to navigate the aircraft of the state.

“I’m sure political observers like you will agree me that given the situation in Imo state before 2020 when I became the governor and the situation in Imo state in 2023 three years after, a lot of things are there for people to know that there is a huge difference”.

“ When I came to Imo state, I met a moribund state; a state that was in distress. A state I can even say that was in the cemetery. I exhumed the bodies. Can you imagine that a state that I came as governor and everybody absconded? No handover note. There was no compass for me to navigate the aircraft”.

“I started harvesting information from official and unofficial quarters and I was able to establish a nominal role. I was able to reestablish the civil service, maintain the payroll, begin to rehabilitate all the dilapidated infrastructures. The infrastructural deficits were so huge. All the roads were not motorable and all the hospitals were not working”.
https://worldviewafrica.com/imo-state-was-in-a-cemetery-when-i-became-governor-in-2020-uzodimma/

Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by SmartPolician: 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2023
Supreme Court governor is the most shameless and incompetent governor in Nigeria right now!

Four years wasted with no significant achievement to show for it!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by Bluntguy: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
Supreme court follow elected governors dey talk too.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by Wahalawaha1a: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nawa
Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by Ihateheadslamer: 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
Unknown gunmen is one of the highest achievements uzodimma can boast of as IMO state supreme court governor
SmartPolician:
Supreme Court governor is the most shameless and incompetent governor in Nigeria right now!

Four years wasted with no significant achievement to show for it!
Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by Haaland007: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
There's truth in what he said abeg!!!
Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by Ofunaofu: 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
And it became a killing field immediately you assume office as the governor

1 Like

Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by merit455(m): 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
This man
Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by gidgiddy: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
Imo State was very peaceful before you came in, now its a war zone
Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by SwissMass: 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
All thanks to Kanu nnamdi and Peter Obi their sponsor
Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by Beremx(f): 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
Thunder fire you Hopeless Supreme Court Governor. Imo state has become insecure especially in Orlu.

Thunder fire you once again!!
Re: Imo State Was In A Cemetery When I Became Governor In 2020 – Uzodimma by vastolord4(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin this man is bad

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Inauguration: Nigerians Celebrate Across Party, Tribal Lines / Peter Obi Condemns Salary Increment For Nigeria's Leaders, Says Not Necessary / Only Tinubu Can End Sit At Home In The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.