Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? (24313 Views)

BMW 766i Valkyrie 4×4 Is The Most Monstrous BMW You've Ever Seen (photos) / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) / 17 Most Weird Car Names You've Ever Heard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by BlackMan6969(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
Word!
chukel:
What this thread shows is that almost all cars are reliable. Just get a good one and be maintenance concious.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by hefelove(m): 8:06am On Jun 20, 2023
Hello everyone, i am looking for car to driver.
If you have a car for UBER. Please contact me if you have a car to rent out. I stay in Surulere. You can call or WhatsApp me 08134873484
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by bastien: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
psalmson001:

U need to get it checked. If you are in Lagos, take it to Daleko.
where is the daleko?
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by olurotimi(m): 12:43am On Jun 21, 2023
My 04 VW Polo has been very reliable.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by ojeysky(m): 8:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
Acura RDX 09..... fantastic ride

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by dadabashua1(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
Not surprised to see Honda alot here people's lies are gradually getting busted,I've used different types of brands in my life,but the stand out were 2001 and 2007 accord,then 2005 corolla cheesy but that baby boy of a car I can NEVER forget 1000% reliable ride goodness me
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by RoadMozart(m): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Most reliable ever. #3500 fuel took me from Lag-Akure in 2022 despite blasting at 170kmh. No electrical issues, my manual gearbox was wonderful.

Lost the car in a fire accident February this year when a Dangote truck hit me where I parked by the roadside.
Benz c200

2 Likes

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by PattyMike(m): 12:00am On Jul 03, 2023
Torn between big daddy and Acura MDX 08. That big daddy only experience stress when I fly am to and fro from abule egba to island. U see this Acura don suffer, ilaro, Abk, Igbo Ora, Ibadan, Island, Yaba I nearly use waka waka kill am. 😂 Just buy fuel put they go ur way, I don break side mirror, scratch the side for pole after shayo. Kiss Napep tire😂. E don suffer no be small and it’s reliable as ever. I will buy a newer model maybe 012/013 forget about Lexus. Just buy fuel, gauge tires oti tan. Will change brake pads soon, the brake no sharp like before again. Just surprised cus I pet that big daddy so much but I drive this Acura with reckless abandon still yet e no gree rough.

7 Likes

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by PattyMike(m): 12:03am On Jul 03, 2023
RoadMozart:
Most reliable ever. #3500 fuel took me from Lag-Akure in 2022 despite blasting at 170kmh. No electrical issues, my manual gearbox was wonderful.

Lost the car in a fire accident February this year when a Dangote truck hit me where I parked by the roadside.
Benz c200

Ehya. And u didn’t demand compensation?
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by PattyMike(m): 12:10am On Jul 03, 2023
Kelvin30286063:
Acura ZDX 2012.
2 years later. I still don't have a check engine light. Infact I had to put a bad battery once just to be sure it has check engine light 😂
This car made me realize that if you buy a good car, you will forget where your mechanic's shop is. I only see him once in 3 months now. Just to change oil.

Same here. Infact the man don call me twice since January say he wan greet me. Werey man no call me, I no need your greeting. The check light on my dashboard says Check Tire pressure (TMPS) even after I gauge all tires, possibly a bad sensor Idk. Acura is vastly overlooked, in-fact most Honda cars are.

6 Likes

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by 18wheeler: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2023
W203 C240 2003 model
1999 Honda accord ex

2 Likes

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by RoadMozart(m): 6:55am On Jul 03, 2023
PattyMike:

Ehya. And u didn’t demand compensation?
I felt sorry for the mad man when people almost lynched him for what he did.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by kay29000(m): 7:47am On Jul 03, 2023
GENES11S:

People who pick Toyota usually intend to use them for over 15 years.

Am not here to stump on your choice of car, just telling you that Toyota is better since brought it (Toyota) up.

That's not true. Which statics did you read that? When it is not the 80s. I don't know anyone that used his/her car for 15 years. Do you know how long 15 years is? Most people I know sell off their cars after 8-10 years and get a new one.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by GENES11S: 7:51am On Jul 03, 2023
kay29000:

That's not true. Which statics did you read that? When it is not the 80s. I don't know anyone that used his/her car for 15 years. Do you know how long 15 years is? Most people I know sell off their cars after 8-10 years and get a new one.

I know many people of such, myself included.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by kay29000(m): 7:56am On Jul 03, 2023
anayolity:

how can someone be driving a car for 15years because you wan find fault

Lol! The guy made me laugh. A whole 15 years o! The baby they born the year you get the car will be writing Jamb by the 15th year... This is just to show how long 15 years is.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by kay29000(m): 8:04am On Jul 03, 2023
okoroemeka:
Toyota is good no doubt but there are also very good cars out there,for instance I bought a Nigerian used 2003 Acura RL and used it for 4 years without changing plugs,coil,fan belts,fuel pump,any type of sensor,ac compressor,alternator,infact I didn't even see the kick starter for 4 years,I started to wonder if it has kick starter,I decided to personally kill off the car by driving it for one year steadily daily without oil change still it survived and it didn't for one day refuse to start or stop on the road,I remove my cap for that car,the only issue it has is flood damage that makes it mad sometimes,you can put headlight on and AC will start blowing.mad car.

Lol! You saved the best for the last grin

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
PattyMike:

Same here. Infact the man don call me twice since January say he wan greet me. Werey man no call me, I no need your greeting. The check light on my dashboard says Check Tire pressure (TMPS) even after I gauge all tires, possibly a bad sensor Idk. Acura is vastly overlooked, in-fact most Honda cars are.
Yes bro, it's the TPMS sensor. It's very notorious for going bad if not properly handled when fixing tires. And you know how annoying our vulcanizers are in Nigeria. I once had that TPMS sensor issue too, I had to buy a direct replacement at Amazon and took the car to a good autoshop to fix it. If you buy direct replacement, you won't need to program it for it to work but if you buy all those universal once. They will need to program it before it can work for your ACURA. I hope this helps. Nice to meet you my Acura brother. One day, others will understand what we enjoy and why we won't avoid a car just because the parts are expensive.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by PattyMike(m): 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
Kelvin30286063:

Yes bro, it's the TPMS sensor. It's very notorious for going bad if not properly handled when fixing tires. And you know how annoying our vulcanizers are in Nigeria. I once had that TPMS sensor issue too, I had to buy a direct replacement at Amazon and took the car to a good autoshop to fix it. If you buy direct replacement, you won't need to program it for it to work but if you buy all those universal once. They will need to program it before it can work for your ACURA. I hope this helps. Nice to meet you my Acura brother. One day, others will understand what we enjoy and why we won't avoid a car just because the parts are expensive.

Thanks boss mi for this input, I will check it out on Amazon.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by kernniejay(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

Benz c200
Woooow, sorry for the loss. Hope you were compensated by the Dangote company? Have you got another car?
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by RoadMozart(m): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
kernniejay:

Woooow, sorry for the loss. Hope you were compensated by the Dangote company? Have you got another car?
Sadly didn't get any compensations. Still managing some american and Jap brands for the mean time

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by kernniejay(m): 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
RoadMozart:

Sadly didn't get any compensations. Still managing some american and Jap brands for the mean time
Let's just thank God for life.

2 Likes

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by pfadom: 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
BMW 528i E39
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by DukeNija(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
oluwaseaun:
Nissan Altima 2011

2008 - 2012 Nissan Altima is legendary.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Obidikejr(m): 1:10am On Sep 03, 2023
PattyMike:

Wait, Honda manufactures Acura? shocked
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by dadabashua1(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2023
Obidikejr:

Yes Sir
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:44am On Sep 03, 2023
Obidikejr:

u no know before?

1 Like

Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by xpensivealex(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2023
DUBZ17:
Dodge caliber 2009
I really love the design of that car, how reliable is it? What are the things to be weary of in that ride
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by dicksonadams(m): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2023
OKEMKPI:
2003 Honda pilot 17 years and still counting.I

any transmission issue
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by eamodu(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
What year please? And is it a v6 or 4 cylinder

SIRKAY98:
Toyota Rav 4. 5th year going. i just change oil, oil filter and break pads as at when due.
Re: Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by SIRKAY98(m): 3:02am On Dec 15, 2023
eamodu:
What year please? And is it a v6 or 4 cylinder

old model: 1999

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.