Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,475 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark (25711 Views)

₦‎3.7 Trillion Budget Padding Claim: Senate Suspends Ningi For Three Months / Senate Approves N22.7 trillion already Spent By FG Without NASS Approval / Edwin Clark: Taxi Driver Told Informant About Arms That Led To Raid On His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Enice(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
Na now day break! PDP Delta state

1 Like

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Lordofalmajiri(f): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2023
incandescentena:
Series of crooks. James IBORI did worst. I think Delta state in particular is cursed with MIND BOGGLING THIEVES AS GOVERNORS, who care less of the well being of the people

More chapters are coming through
soon

Uduaghan is the worst by miles bro. Ibori was just unlucky
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Omenlon: 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
wizelink:
In as much as I don't support any administrator stealing public fund, I also don't support partiality. This man should just shut his mouth. He is still pained that an anioma person from ika extraction was made governor of a delta state against all odds.
How much was stolen by ibori, and uduaghan? Did you raise a dust against them? Let us see what he will say the present governor stole after 4 or 8 years in office.
Oga is it Anioma or how badly governed Delta State has been since only God knows. Even in the Anioma axis of Delta, can you point visible developmental projects that befits the status of oil producing State? I don't like Clark because he has been one of the problems of Delta State since time immemorial, but we are talking about governance in Delta and their failures.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Omenlon: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
wizelink:
In as much as I don't support any administrator stealing public fund, I also don't support partiality. This man should just shut his mouth. He is still pained that an anioma person from ika extraction was made governor of a delta state against all odds.
How much was stolen by ibori, and uduaghan? Did you raise a dust against them? Let us see what he will say the present governor stole after 4 or 8 years in office.
Oga is it about Anioma or how badly governed Delta State has been since only God knows. Even in the Anioma axis of Delta, can you point visible developmental projects that befits the status of oil producing State? I don't like Clark because he has been one of the problems of Delta State since time immemorial, but we are talking about governance in Delta and their failures.

1 Like

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Uptheante(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
Christistruth03:

Not Surprised

Delta State is supposed to be far more developed than it is

Just look at Akwa Ibom
The problem with Delta state's lack of development is due to the fight against militancy. Their govt spend a large chunk of their money to fight militancy & provide security. Also, their govt spend a lot to clean up the effects of oil spillage.
because of that, they have very little money left to develop the state

1 Like

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Angelfrost(m): 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
Okowa na thief normally!

1 Like

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Angelfrost(m): 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
Uptheante:

The problem with Delta state's lack of development is due to the fight against militancy. Their govt spend a large chunk of their money to fight militancy & provide security. Also, their govt spend a lot to clean up the effects of oil spillage.

Stop this please! What is wrong with you?!!

Have you no decency or shame?!!
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by wink2015(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Elder Statesmen, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark is telling the truth.

Ex-governor, Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa stole a huge amount of the collective commonwealth of the good people of Delta state of Nigeria.

He emptied the coffers of Delta state on his personal business interest, dole out a huge portion of the money to support his Vice Presidential ambition in the recently concluded election.

EX-GOVERNOR OKOWA WAS THE "MONEY MACHINE" BEHIND THE ATIKU PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN TEAM.

He supported Atiku who was "ASS BROKE" during the electioneering campaign.

DELTA CENTRAL AND DELTA SOUTH WERE GROSSLY MARGINALISED UNDER THE OKOWA ADMINISTRATION.

There was no development in the WARRI AREA.

It was only in the Okowa area in Delta north that is Agbor, Owa Alero ( his hometown ) and Asaba, the state capital that he managed to improved on infrastructure and development.

THERE ARE NO JOBS IN WARRI, THE SEAPORT REMAIN UNDERDEVELOPED.

LAGOS STATE DEVELOPED LEKKI SEAPORT BUT OKOWA COULD NOT DEVELOP THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OWN WARRI PORT OR ESTABLISH HIS OWN STATE RUN PORTS.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Uptheante(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Stop this please! What is wrong with you?!!

Have you no decency or shame?!!
You have never been to Delta State, maybe that's why you don't know the problem
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Angelfrost(m): 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
Uptheante:

You have never been to Delta State, maybe that's why you don't know the problem

I know everything about the happenings within and without the governance of Delta state sir!

I know the allocation, expenditure and embezzlement going on there!

Delta is being looted daily by a well rounded PDP cabal! No Capping!

Don't come online to make such lame excuses for them! Abeg, stop that!
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Angelfrost(m): 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
wizelink:

Okowa is a thief!!! Full stop!

Ethnicity is moot here!

Call a spade a spade!
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Adgraced: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Okowa...A blatant unapologetic state funds looter! How can he be signing budget appropriation bill days to the end of his tenure?!!
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by wizelink(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
Omenlon:
Oga is it about Anioma or how badly governed Delta State has been since only God knows. Even in the Anioma axis of Delta, can you point visible developmental projects that befits the status of oil producing State? I don't like Clark because he has been one of the problems of Delta State since time immemorial, but we are talking about governance in Delta and their failures.
That's the point chief. Just I said initially I don't support stealing public fund but he coming to accuse the other is not proper since he didn't do the same when others from his clime were on sit.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by wizelink(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Okowa is a thief!!! Full stop!

Ethnicity is moot here!

Call a spade a spade!

I am not on doubt however, if he is what name do you call others that were there before him? Did he ever accused IROBI of any wrong doing? I am not from delta state but have leaves there for decades.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Uptheante(m): 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

I know everything about the happenings within and without the governance of Delta state sir!

I know the allocation, expenditure and embezzlement going on there!

Delta is being looted daily by a well rounded PDP cabal! No Capping!

Don't come online to make such lame excuses for them! Abeg, stop that!
The allocation given to them is meagre, compared to their expenses in terms of security & control of environmental degradation due to massive oil spillage.
Their very high population is also another thing you have to factor in.
The allocation isn't enough to provide enough basic amenities for such a high population.
Remember that they also have to pay salaries to higher population of workers in the state.
Over the years, their govt has done a lot in order to manage what they are given
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by CSTRR: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
marlow1962:
Okay na, if you talk now em supporters go call you pikin of hate. Okowa is the worst to happen to Delta state, he they find favor the mugu rush go build flyover for koka. Salary okowa no pay, of he manage pay na half, gratuity just forget about am. Go schools make you see as e dy, osadenis manage get head cus na there him wife they ( I no know if she still they there till now) the rest sch na oyo.
Omo eh.
Anioma people they fight make their pikin enter power, their pikin now don enter power they use their eye see shege.
The past governors from itshekiri and urhobo.

What did they do for their people?
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Angelfrost(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
Uptheante:

The allocation given to them is meagre, compared to their expenses in terms of security & control of environmental degradation due to massive oil spillage.
Their very high population is also another thing you have to factor in.
The allocation isn't enough to provide enough basic amenities for such a high population.
Remember that they also have to pay salaries to higher population of workers in the state.
Over the years, their govt has done a lot in order to manage what they are given

Your excuses are ridiculous, weak, and really shameful!

If you know how much these people have been looting from that state since 1999, you will go and beg God for forgiveness for lying and defending evil!
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Uptheante(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
Angelfrost:

Your excuses are ridiculous, weak, and really shameful!

If you know how much these people have been looting from that state since 1999, you will go and beg God for forgiveness for lying and defending evil!
Do you know how many billions they spend on insecurity alone, not to even talk of paying salaries & oil spillage clean up?
And they are even more developed than northern states, even with all these problems
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Burruchaga71(m): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
Okowa is Carriot.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Menclothing: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
When I see delta and Edo vote yari and sponsored Atiku election against south

I know those two state governors are not good

See the good development Lagos and akwa ibom have enjoyed in voting good leaders

1 Like

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Abagworo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
Christistruth03:

Not Surprised

Delta State is supposed to be far more developed than it is

Just look at Akwa Ibom

Akwaibom isn't more developed than Delta. Clarke is only on his usual rant.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by otunbakolawole(m): 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
Delta no get leader. All their politicians whether in APC, PDP or LP they are all theives. Its in their blood. Some Ogwashi boys dey my area dey form political groups for Obi, na small money scatter them
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by otunbakolawole(m): 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
You dey part of them. Emefiele abi na elemi emere people
OloYeOfEgbE:
Just leave Delta state alone abeg...

KANO dey demolish......

ENUGU dey drag speaker same with ABIA......

ZAMFARA dey bleed..

Leave us biko

Abeg

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Pemco: 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
shiki:
cool my question is how Edwin Clark arrived at those figures
: Don't be surprised, person of Edwin Clark's status can have an insider with governor. There are people who are aggrieved by the former Governor and they can sell out some info. Also know the 13% oil producing communities' arrears paid by Buhari was well publicized.

Or, are you thinking that Chief Clark will make such statement without proof?
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by chemgee: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
Baba go and rest... If to say Okowa give you money rehabilitate that your dead university you'll be singing differently.

How 1 person go embezzle 1.7 trillion, yet carried out some reasonable projects and at the same time improved the debt profile of the state by adding a meager 1% to the state's debts in 8yrs How?
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by chemgee: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
Abagworo:

Akwaibom isn't more developed than Delta. Clarke is only on his usual rant.

I just tire for some kids who just follow the crowd o.. I'm yet to see any indices Akwa Ibom uses to best Delta. Perhaps in the transportation sector.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Voiceofthestree: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
Uptheante:

To slap you deh hungry me no vex ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by TinubuSlave(f): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralPula:

Okowa borrowed billions of naira to fund Atiku..

The guy really loot delta treasury..
yeah I heard it, using delta state coffers to fund atiku.
That's why he installed a successor so as to prevent omo agege from dragging his tails
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by staneless(m): 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
Politicians in Nigeria are heartless... How can one single handedly steal 1.7 trillion naira? Haba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by blueAgent(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
GeneralPula:
The Convener, Pan-Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF), Edwin Clark, has accused former governor of Delta, Ifeanyi Okowa, of diverting over N1.7 trillion derivation fund meant for the state.

Mehn..

Delta state oil money!

Imagine what 1.7trillion would have solved in delta !

Later one clown would blame Europeans for our problems.

Imagine what only 30% of that money can achieve in Delta, we are our own worst enemy.

Sometime I think the black race is cursed.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by blueAgent(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Correction - Edwin Clark accuuses okowa of robbing delta state and not giving him his cut.

grin Best journalist of the year.
Re: Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark by Celepope: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
wizelink:
You don’t really know Pa EK Clark. He literally monitored Ibori’s going to jail by leaking sensitive documents to Obasanjo and EFCC that saw his running away from Nigeria to Dubai. The man may be greedy but he has dossier on these former Governors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / Bukola Saraki Visits President Buhari At The State House (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.