Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. (1342 Views)

Tribunal: Akpabio’s Woes Deepens As Witnesses Admit Irregularities / Alleged False Assets Declaration: Onnoghen To Call CCB Director As Witness / Kwankwaso Visits Atiku In Abuja After Election Defeat, Peter Obi Present. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Penguin2: 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
The lead counsel for INEC argued that bringing the witness on short notice leaves the legal team of the electoral commission at a disadvantage.

The Labour Party (LP) and its presidential candidate, Peter Obi, during Thursday’s proceedings at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal, presented Eric Ofuegbu, a professor of Mathematics at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, as their 4th witness.

The petitioners challenging the election of President Bola Tinubu in the February 25 presidential election, also presented the ARISE News Director of Operations, Lummie Edevbie, as a subpoenaed witness and 5th overall witness for the petitioners so far, according to ARISE News.

However, Abubakar Mahmoud, the lead counsel for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) informed the Court that he had just been served the statement of the witness, Ofuegbu, on Thursday morning (today).

The lead counsel for INEC argued that bringing the witness on short notice leaves the legal team of the electoral commission at a disadvantage.

He described the action of the counsel for the Labour Party as an ambush and urged the Court to step down the witness to give his team adequate time to study the witness’ statement.

But Wole Olanipekun (SAN), the lead counsel for President Tinubu, said that he had no problem allowing the witness to give his testimony.

Olanipekun however stated that standing down the witness for a few minutes would not be out of place.

But the INEC lawyer interjected and said that the legal team of the electoral body would need about 48 hours, based on the pre-hearing report, to study the statement of a star/expert witness.

He, therefore, urged the Court to grant his prayer.

The Chairman of the Court, Justice Haruna Tsammani, in a short ruling stated that in the interest of justice and fair hearing, the witness would be led in evidence on Thursday while cross-examination will be held on Friday.

Meanwhile, part of Ofuegbu’s statement is data analysis of the presidential election results of Benue and Rivers states.

The statement also included blurred 18,088 polling unit results of the election.

The Labour Party also tendered a letter dated February 20, 2023, showing how Ofuegbu was engaged to carry out data analysis of the presidential election.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Xscape1993(m): 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
I will keep wishing him all the best...

1 Like

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by baseye: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
I wonder why this case is taking this long to conclude.
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Acekidc4(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
Anything to Stay Relevant!! Continue Searching for your Manhood, May Jehovah give you Sight to see that it is in your Trouser as you no get eye!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by jlinkd78(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
Obi is indeed okwute
Hard nut to crack
If in doubt ask Ngige

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Penguin2: 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
Anything to Stay Relevant!! Continue Searching for your Manhood, May Jehovah give you Sight to see that it is in your Trouser as you no get eye!!
Don’t be too euphoric, Tinubu might not celebrate Christmas as president.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Acekidc4(m): 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
Penguin2:

You're a Comedian!! 🤣😆😅😂

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by KingOfIsoko1: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
If Yinubu is healthy, he fits nigeria,

hes a crook like most Nigerians
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Soulsymbol99: 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
They should bring Rufai grin dat one will scatter the court grin
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Martinsmine(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
Peter obi is water inside your brain. . .
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by sapele914(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2023
jlinkd78:
Obi is indeed okwute
Hard nut to crack
If in doubt ask Ngige
A very stupid useless palm kernel nut.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by sapele914(m): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
If Yinubu is healthy, he fits nigeria,

hes a crook like most Nigerians
Like your Papa for Oleh?
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by sapele914(m): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
Soulsymbol99:
They should bring Rufai grin dat one will scatter the court grin
Because Court to you oblivious Obidient, na morning show for Arise TV?

1 Like

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by 2mch(m): 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Mathematics Professor? Lmaooo! Arise News Director? How are these witnesses going to prove for a fact that Obi won the election. Were they present? If I was a judge at this tribunal, walahi!

1 Like

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
2mch:
Mathematics Professor? Lmaooo! Arise News Director? How are these witnesses going to prove for a fact that Obi won the election. Were they present? If I was a judge at this tribunal, walahi!
Mumu, who do you think will calculate the real results gotten from Inec that was presented, your father?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
2mch:

It will prove that INEC didn't obey the electoral act and whatever result declared is irrelevant, null and void.

In a football if the referee sees a throwing abd blows it as a penalty, if that goal is scored and victory is won, if discovered the referee will go to jail and that match cancelled

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by 2mch(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Mumu, who do you think will calculate the real results gotten from Inec that was presented, your father?
Mathematics professor or the collating agents who entered the results into a computer system. You are very dumb. You and Obi. Is it not the same results we were seeing live and verifying on Irev? Una go cry well well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by 2mch(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

It will prove that INEC didn't obey the electoral act and whatever result declared is irrelevant, null and void.

In a football if the referee sees a throwing abd blows it as a penalty, if that goal is scored and victory is won, if discovered the referee will go to jail and that match cancelled
Lmaooo. This is like a crazy dream. Are those two now constitutional lawyers? What proof exactly are they bringing that has not been asserted and proven already? Waste of time.
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
2mch:

Mathematics professor or the collating agents who entered the results into a computer system. You are very dumb. You and Obi. Is it not the same results we were seeing live and verifying on Irev? Una go cry well well.
You mean the manipulated results on Irev? Like Rivers? We are talking about polling unit results
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Penguin2: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
2mch:
Shebi you people have been shouting “Go to court”?

Now Obi has gone to court and you are still interested in who he brings as witness?

How is that your business?

If he thinks bringing a vulcanizer as witness will help his case, what’s your business with that?

1 Like

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by vastolord4(m): 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
This man is the definition of "I will never give up"
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by KingsCity: 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
Thos who are in possession of other people's mandate should return it
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
2mch:

Lmaooo. This is like a crazy dream. Are those two now constitutional lawyers? What proof exactly are they bringing that has not been asserted and proven already? Waste of time.

Sorry, this is the first time the new electoral act is been tested in the presidential election
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by senatordave1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Sorry, this is the first time the new electoral act is been tested in the presidential election

It was tested in osun
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
senatordave1:

It was tested in osun

Issues raised now, weren't raised in the Osun case
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by master2023: 7:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:

No non b him papa, he senior broda
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by senatordave1(m): 8:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Issues raised now, weren't raised in the Osun case

Yes but the osun case touched many angles
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by GreyLaw(m): 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
2mch:

You are too uneducated and illiterate in matter like this. Please face whatever it is you do in life and leave smart people who understand to speak.

No be everything be play!
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
Penguin2:

From Tinubu will not be president it is now Tinubu might not celebrate Christmas as President. grin.... after he puts you all to shame again and again like did to me many times before, you will still come up with another narrative. grin

On a very serious note. Peter Obi is just wasting his time and money. I stopped being Obidient on the 29 of May. It was a promise I made to myself that if Tinubu is sworn as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, despite all night vigils, prayers and fasting, prophecies, not to be sworn, then Almighty God is on his side and I prefer to be on the side of who God is on his side.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by sapele914(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You mean the manipulated results on Irev? Like Rivers? We are talking about polling unit results
The manipulated results of Anambra & Lagos State, Or which results?
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by Afamed: 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Another selfie in the court. The Pandora fraud is more interested in taking pictures
Re: LP, Obi Present Mathematics Professor, Arise News Director As Witnesses. by sapele914(m): 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

From Tinubu will not be president it is now Tinubu might not celebrate Christmas as President. grin.... after he puts you all to shame again and again like did to me many times before, you will still come up with another narrative. grin

On a very serious note. Peter Obi is just wasting his time and money. I stopped being Obidient on the 29 of May. It was a promise I made to myself that if Tinubu is sworn as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, despite all night vigils, prayers and fasting, prophecies, not to be sworn, then Almighty God is on his side and I prefer to be on the side of who God is on his side.
Penguin2, your agony & anguish is still back in the future.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Enugu Mount Pressure On Bendel Ibo Chiefs To Rewrite Their Hostory / BREAKING: Aregbesola Writes Tinubu Amidst Osun APC Crisis / Tribalism: Why Buhari Is Smarter Than Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.