Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria (643 Views)

How To Make Money Running A Football Viewing Center In Nigeria / How To Make Money Running A Day Care Service Business In Nigeria / Nwanta Anayoeze Yonaracha Sprays Money At Opening Of Escoba Smith Hotel In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by yommyflo(m): 7:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
Having being in the hotel industry for over a decade, I can talk about why most hotel owners are not achieving their desire profit target.

Low Patronage:
This could be for many reasons which include location, hotel ambience, services rendered by staff, low investment in marketing etc. Let me talk about the later. Hotel owners must implore and invest in online channels and on-ground marketing strategies - such us creation of website, getting listed on hotel listing sites like hotels.com, bookings.com and our dear hotels.ng; the use of banners and flyers also yield fair results.

Poor internal Process:
This is where people come in. The business is labor intensive and there will be huge labor turnover at the lower level staff. Employee tends to device sharp practice methods and at times build a collaboration to defraud the hotel system. The solution to this is simple, sign up to hotel management software like https://twitter.com/prinaashg/status/1669378156334071812 to manage your process and train your staff periodically and establish a growth path/system within the hotel organogram.

I will be talking about more Challengs within this thread - Watch out!

Courtesy: www.twitter.com/prinaashg
Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by VeryWickedMan: 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
Low olosho turnout
Ritualists may kill a girl in your hotel
Boys fighting
Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by neutralmind: 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Continue
Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by funkeyuche: 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
To run a profitable hotel is not for feeble person.

Please I need a car for weekly delivery. Car for uber/bolt #40,000 no excuse. Other Cars lets negotiate. call. Zero,seven,zero 11202387. location: Ajah, lagos thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
If you're not ready to implement strong internal controls then don't go into hotel business otherwise some of your staff will steal you blind!

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by yommyflo(m): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
Get a hotel management software and FREE website only for June clients!

https://twitter.com/prinaashg
Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by yommyflo(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
Staffing & Recruitment Process:
The way you hire your employees matter. There experience and qualifications are essential, if you expect the best. You must treat humans as humans to get the best out of them, hence, slip in a motivational cause in their offer letter. Most hotels pay a portion of the service charge to staff and this naturally excite the staff and reduces the number of staff exit month after month.

yommyflo:
Having being in the hotel industry for over a decade, I can talk about why most hotel owners are not achieving their desire profit target.

Low Patronage:
This could be for many reasons which include location, hotel ambience, services rendered by staff, low investment in marketing etc. Let me talk about the later. Hotel owners must implore and invest in online channels and on-ground marketing strategies - such us creation of website, getting listed on hotel listing sites like hotels.com, bookings.com and our dear hotels.ng; the use of banners and flyers also yield fair results.

Poor internal Process:
This is where people come in. The business is labor intensive and there will be huge labor turnover at the lower level staff. Employee tends to device sharp practice methods and at times build a collaboration to defraud the hotel system. The solution to this is simple, sign up to hotel management software like https://twitter.com/prinaashg/status/1669378156334071812 to manage your process and train your staff periodically and establish a growth path/system within the hotel organogram.

I will be talking about more Challengs within this thread - Watch out!

Courtesy: www.twitter.com/prinaashg

Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by yommyflo(m): 9:01am On Jun 22, 2023
Read more about hotel management and software > https://www.twitter.com/prinaashg

yommyflo:
Staffing & Recruitment Process:
The way you hire your employees matter. There experience and qualifications are essential, if you expect the best. You must treat humans as humans to get the best out of them, hence, slip in a motivational cause in their offer letter. Most hotels pay a portion of the service charge to staff and this naturally excite the staff and reduces the number of staff exit month after month.

Re: Challenges Of Running A Hotel In Nigeria by yommyflo(m): 6:49am On Jun 26, 2023
Get an affordable hotel management software with free Website. WhatsApp+2348029483065 or email prinaashg@zohomail.com

We're offering 20% discount on setup and training fees for June 2023 signups.

(1) (Reply)

BANK WAHALA!. Someone Should Please Help Me Decide. / E-gold Account / G

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.