Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Religion is a Problem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion is a Problem (407 Views)

Religion Is Ridiculous / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion is a Problem by Juicedrinker: 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
In my thinking it has occurred to me that religion is a big problem in this world. Not spirituality or faith itself but religion. Religion is a disease that kills you while making you feel good about yourself.

A lot of religious people try to convert as many people as they can to their faith. They do not even think about the person they are trying to convert. What is the level of thinking of this person? What is his spiritual perspective like? Will my faith be suitable for him? All they think about is how to hijack, for lack of a better word, someone into their religion. Religious people do not even really care about the doctrines of their faith. For instance it’s obvious many Christian’s will rather everyone in the world is subscribed to the Christian faith than they care everyone in the world loves their neighbor as theirselves. The same applies to other religions and it is just ridiculous to see.

How many times have people started war because of religion? Even when the people who the religions are based on where against war?How many times do many religious people use derogatory terms and derogatory tactics like intimidation to move people from other religion or faith to their own?

Religion is just a tool men use to get power and self worth, it is an enemy to faith and spirituality.

4 Likes

Re: Religion is a Problem by Honchoslim16(m): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Juicedrinker:
In my thinking it has occurred to me that religion is a big problem in this world. Not spirituality or faith itself but religion. Religion is a disease that kills you while making you feel good about yourself.

A lot of religious people try to convert as many people as they can to their faith. They do not even think about the person they are trying to convert. What is the level of thinking of this person? What is his spiritual perspective like? Will my faith be suitable for him? All they think about is how to hijack, for lack of a better word, someone into their religion. Religious people do not even really care about the doctrines of their faith. For instance it’s obvious many Christian’s will rather everyone in the world is subscribed to the Christian faith than they care everyone in the world loves their neighbor as theirselves. The same applies to other religions and it is just ridiculous to see.

How many times have people started war because of religion? Even when the people who the religions are based on where against war?How many times do many religious people use derogatory terms and derogatory tactics like intimidation to move people from other religion or faith to their own?

Religion is just a tool men use to get power and self worth, it is an enemy to faith and spirituality.
Just lol 😂

Una eye don dey open abi 😂 😂

1 Like

Re: Religion is a Problem by Juicedrinker: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
Honchoslim16:

Just lol 😂

Una eye don dey open abi 😂 😂

I don’t know what you mean by “una”. Do you know me to know if I have ever been religious?
Re: Religion is a Problem by Honchoslim16(m): 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Juicedrinker:

I don’t know what you mean by “una”. Do you know me to know if I have ever been religious?
Just lol 😂 😂

I'm agnostic.... Wbu!?
Re: Religion is a Problem by vdestro: 7:45am On Jun 21, 2023
Juicedrinker:

Same for tribalism, money, guns, torture, sex and you never raised a thread blaming these things. Proof of bias.
Re: Religion is a Problem by MightySparrow: 7:53am On Jun 21, 2023
Juicedrinker:

You are right. Of all religions Islam is the worst. It preaches against coexistence with others.

In human history , asides Islam there were no religious wars. It all started with Islam and it's toxic message.
Re: Religion is a Problem by Benfaco: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.
Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

You are right. Of all religions Islam is the worst. It preaches against coexistence with others. In human history , asides Islam there were no religious wars. It all started with Islam and it's toxic message.

This is a lie!

The Catholics started with political crusades as they were forcing their Cross worship on people everywhere they go, that's what Islam was built upon as Muslims believe that it's all about supremacy rather than love for humanity!

Re: Religion is a Problem by MightySparrow: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

This is a lie!

The Catholics started with political crusades as they were forcing their Cross worship on people everywhere they go, that's what Islam was built upon as Muslims believe that it's all about supremacy rather than love for humanity!

Well-done! So Mohammed inherited violent peace from Catholics? Catholics has dropped that weapon, when will Islam?
Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

Well-done! So Mohammed inherited violent peace from Catholics? Catholics has dropped that weapon, when will Islam?
Catholics haven't stopped they were forced to accept rivalry when their own members turned away and became protestants in various forms.
What Jesus commanded is that all his disciples must be peaceful in their mission {Matthew 10:16} they must not partake in worldly politics {John 17:14} because that's what is leading many so "called nice" people into killing their neighbours without remorse! Revelations 6:3-4

So Islam is not the problem but politics if there is no politics nobody will force his or her beliefs on others claiming it's a decree from God!
Re: Religion is a Problem by MightySparrow: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Catholics haven't stopped they were forced to accept rivalry when their own members turned away and became protestants in various forms.
What Jesus commanded is that all his disciples must be peaceful in their mission {Matthew 10:16} they must not partake in worldly politics {John 17:14} because that's what is leading many so "called nice" people into killing their neighbours without remorse! Revelations 6:3-4

So Islam is not the problem but politics if there is no politics nobody will force his or her beliefs on others claiming it's a decree from God!

What of JWs and e - bullying on Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

What of JWs and e - bullying on Nairaland?

True disciples of Christ don't go about telling others they will be tormented in some fairy hell for differences in beliefs {Matthew 7:1} we only present the Good News of God's kingdom to everyone {Matthew 10:11-13} and tell them that only members of our group will benefit from this blessings that's all! John 14:6

So if you're sure of your salvation no JW will disturb you all you need to do is tell us you're not interested in whatever we've got to preach but insisting you must benefit from what our Lord promised us for practicing what he taught we will boldly, confidently, emphatically tell you "NO"
Re: Religion is a Problem by Showme3: 11:10am On Jun 21, 2023
I am really impressed by your information, bad time simulator. Thanks for providing us here.
Re: Religion is a Problem by MightySparrow: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

True disciples of Christ don't go about telling others they will be tormented in some fairy hell for differences in beliefs {Matthew 7:1} we only present the Good News of God's kingdom to everyone {Matthew 10:11-13} and tell them that only members of our group will benefit from this blessings that's all! John 14:6

So if you're sure of your salvation no JW will disturb you all you need to do is tell us you're not interested in whatever we've got to preach but insisting you must benefit from what our Lord promised us for practicing what he taught we will boldly, confidently, emphatically tell you "NO"

The way Jesus presented hell is different from the way you present it.

2Cor.5.11 - Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

1 Like

Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

The way Jesus presented hell is different from the way you present it.
2Cor.5.11 - Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

We need not go through this all over again but due to others following this thread i will speak!

Jesus was using PARABLES to teach his listeners because he want them to know how intense God's wrath is upon evildoers but as for Hell it simply means a condition of inactivity.

For instance there were two categories of Jews in the first century:

@Those who has been to the rabbinical school and have gotten degrees in Jewish religious beliefs, these category Jesus referred to as the "rich man"

@Common Jews who goes about their daily activities but only comes to the synagogues of the Jews for spiritual food on Sabbath days, this category Jesus referred to as "Lazarus"

So while the rich man was enjoying all the riches in God's word eating to his satisfaction Lazarus always come to beg at the rich man's gate (eager to listen to whatever the rich man will share with him from his leftover)

Their death is the sudden change in condition when the messiah (Christ) arrived and say that there is no more need for geographical location in pure worship {John 4:20-24} thereby rendering the rabbinical Jewish system dead as no one needs to come and learn from them anymore while interested ones must listen to Jesus' disciples who were formerly beggars at the rich man's gate!

So Hell in which the rich man found himself means a state of inactivity spiritually speaking as they can see for themselves that the long awaited Christ rejected their services and chose to work with common Jews. That's why they're tormented each time Jesus' disciples who never attended any of their rabbinical schools are speaking boldly and convincingly using the scriptures! Act 4:13

According to the scriptures grave (Hell) is a place of complete inactivity {Ecclesiastes 9:4-10} so Jesus used grave (Hell) to describe the condition faithless miscreants will find themselves when talking about doing God's will!
Re: Religion is a Problem by MightySparrow: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

We need not go through this all over again but due to others following this thread i will speak!

Jesus was using PARABLES to teach his listeners because he want them to know how intense God's wrath is upon evildoers but as for Hell it simply means a condition of inactivity.

For instance there were two categories of Jews in the first century:

@Those who has been to the rabbinical school and have gotten degrees in Jewish religious beliefs, these category Jesus referred to as the "rich man"

@Common Jews who goes about their daily activities but only comes to the synagogues of the Jews for spiritual food on Sabbath days, this category Jesus referred to as "Lazarus"

So while the rich man was enjoying all the riches in God's word eating to his satisfaction Lazarus always come to beg at the rich man's gate (eager to listen to whatever the rich man will share with him from his leftover)

Their death is the sudden change in condition when the messiah (Christ) arrived and say that there is no more need for geographical location in pure worship {John 4:20-24} thereby rendering the rabbinical Jewish system dead as no one needs to come and learn from them anymore while interested ones must listen to Jesus' disciples who were formerly beggars at the rich man's gate!

So Hell in which the rich man found himself means a state of inactivity spiritually speaking as they can see for themselves that the long awaited Christ rejected their services and chose to work with common Jews. That's why they're tormented each time Jesus' disciples who never attended any of their rabbinical schools are speaking boldly and convincingly using the scriptures! Act 4:13

According to the scriptures grave (Hell) is a place of complete inactivity {Ecclesiastes 9:4-10} so Jesus used grave (Hell) to describe the condition faithless miscreants will find themselves when talking about doing God's will!

John.5.22 - For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

This is another bad extrapolation of JWs. Jesus said he would be the judge at the end. He knows what to judge and what to do with the offenders. Jesus was the only one that talked about hell as a place of torment of all the Old Testament prophets.

He never teaching or on parable depicted hell the way you present it. Maybe you will suggest to him what to judge Sha.

Matt.13.42 - And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of

1 Like

Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

John.5.22 - For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
This is another bad extrapolation of JWs. Jesus said he would be the judge at the end. He knows what to judge and what to do with the offenders. Jesus was the only one that talked about hell as a place of torment of all the Old Testament prophets. He never teaching or on parable depicted hell the way you present it. Maybe you will suggest to him what to judge Sha. Matt.13.42 - And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of

No wahala keep your hellfire teaching at least you now know that Muslims copied Catholics when talking about fighting for their god they're not the first religion that started it! smiley
Re: Religion is a Problem by MightySparrow: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

No wahala keep your hellfire teaching at least you now know that Muslims copied Catholics when talking about fighting for their god they're not the first religion that started it! smiley

You dey vex? The judge said what he would dó with the saints and sinners not me.

Are you talking decision on his behalf?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

You dey vex? The judge said what he would dó with the saints and sinners not me. Are you talking decision on his behalf?
grin grin

The point i came to clear is done and dusted, Muslims aren't the first to start fighting for their god. If your god will torment evildoers in fire that's your own god mine said death is the penalty for sin! Romans 6:23.
Re: Religion is a Problem by MightySparrow: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The point i came to clear is done and dusted, Muslims aren't the first to start fighting for their god. If your god will torment evildoers in fire that's your own god mine said death is the penalty for sin! Romans 6:23.

You have not responded to this.
With your theory of God is only a loving person with no other side of stern judgment.

Heb.10.31 - It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

1 Like

Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
MightySparrow:

You have not responded to this.
With your theory of God is only a loving person with no other side of stern judgment.
Heb.10.31 - It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You are quoting believers in the God who promised to wipe out all evildoers and spare only believers! Psalm 37:9-11; Proverbs 2:20-22; Isaiah 65:15
So if you don't understand this i can't help you further, what God had in mind from the beginning is for man to live forever not dying, death came due to sin {Romans 5:12; 6:23} the believers want to continue living when God exterminate all unbelievers so it's a fearful thing to loose such opportunity not that God is planning to keep people alive while tormenting them somewhere!
Re: Religion is a Problem by Juicedrinker: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
Honchoslim16:

Just lol 😂 😂

I'm agnostic.... Wbu!?

Thanks for sharing. I have faith that there is a God and there is more than the physical world. I believe these for 2 reasons. 1.) I think it can be logically inferred that there is more to this world than what we know as the physical and that we can see in everything the likeliness of there being a creator to the point someone might have to be very stubborn or lazy to go into atheism. 2.) Personal experience of many things that have led me to believe that there is a design of things that can only be made by the most loving and perfect being. However, I also believe that for the most part we are not able to sense other worlds and God and therefore we are not able to know exactly giving way to many confusion.
Re: Religion is a Problem by Juicedrinker: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
vdestro:

Same for tribalism, money, guns, torture, sex and you never raised a thread blaming these things. Proof of bias.

I am not denying that there are more tools that we human beings use to get power, of course there are. I am simply explaining one of them. One that many people do not think of as a tool for power and even think more of the opposite.
Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Juicedrinker:

I am not denying that there are more tools that we human beings use to get power, of course there are. I am simply explaining one of them. One that many people do not think of as a tool for power and even think more of the opposite.

It's false religions that could be used as tool by politicians but as for true religion?
No way!
For instance we don't go into politics at all, no support or protest from true disciples of Christ because we are not of this world, we are patiently waiting for our own government as promised!
Re: Religion is a Problem by Juicedrinker: 5:24am On Jun 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's false religions that could be used as tool by politicians but as for true religion?
No way!
For instance we don't go into politics at all, no support or protest from true disciples of Christ because we are not of this world, we are patiently waiting for our own government as promised!

Thanks for your comment. I agree that “true religion” cannot be used as a tool for power. If by true religion you mean people with similar spiritual views coming together to deepen their views and aid each other on their spiritual journey then 100% I absolutely agree.

However, I don’t see much true religion in our world. The religion I see uses itself as a tool for power i.e gaining money, earthly esteem/status and influence, not only by politicians but by the average man too. Think of someone who goes to church and gives much offering not mainly for any noble goal but to show off that he has given a big offering. Many people go to church with the main goal being to show off. There are other examples. Let me not even get to some of this religious leaders.

When someone thinks of spiritual values i.e humility, modesty, patience, kindness etc and then looks at religions and sees how they operate, the person will probably be disgusted.

1 Like

Re: Religion is a Problem by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:28am On Jun 22, 2023
Juicedrinker:

Thanks for your comment. I agree that true be true that “true religion” cannot be used as a tool for power. If by true religion you mean people with similar spiritual views coming together to deepen their views and aid each other on their spiritual journey then 100% I absolutely agree. However, I don’t see much true religion in our world. The religion I see uses itself as a tool for power i.e gaining money, earthly esteem/status and influence, not only by politicians but by the average man too. Think of someone who goes to church and gives much offering not mainly for any noble goal but to show off that he has given a big offering. Many people go to church with the main goal being to show off. There are other examples. Let me not even get to some of this religious leaders. When someone thinks of spiritual values i.e humility, modesty, patience, kindness etc and then looks at religions and sees how they operate, the person will probably be disgusted.

When next Jehovah's Witnesses come knocking your door discuss everything you just said with them i was also shocked when i found out that a religion on this planet could perfectly fit in to all these things you've typed.

For your information it took me three months after attending the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses before knowing that they do contribute money in fact i was deeply impressed to see how everything fall in place just as the young man from Nazareth called Jesus described true religion.

God bless you and may you have PEACE!
Re: Religion is a Problem by vdestro: 6:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
Juicedrinker:

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Man Attack Pastor Adeboye For Speaking Against White Garment Church. / All World Religions Are Accepted By God/Allah/Chineke/Olodumare / Be Patient With Spiritual Babes In-christ (nepios)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.