Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? (706 Views)

Why Did My Wife Lie To Me? / Mother's Reaction On Seeing Her Son After 5 Years In Canada (Photos) / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hello doctors and nurses in the house. So my son hasn't been feeling well for a while but he is on medication and getting better. He hasn't had appetite for a while and has refused eating anything. Today I thought of what I could give him to boost his appetite, so I fried some eggs, added with some jollof rice and gave him. I started feeding him with the egg first. After about 30 to 45, he started itching his ears and pulling his hair. He did this for a while and then he started crying and he was very uncomfortable. Few minutes later I noticed some rashes coming out all over his body. He was so uncomfortable and cried so much. I thought at first he had measles but then I kicked against it because the rashes suddenly appeared. My neighbour told me he was having an allergic reaction and suggested I give him piriton. After the piriton he got better. So the problem is, I don't know exactly what caused the allergic reaction. He has eaten rice before so I don't think it's the rice. He has also eaten eggs before but it was boiled. I thought maybe it was because the egg was fried. I want to determine what caused the allergic reaction so I can avoid it next time. Should I fry some eggs tomorrow and give him to see if he's going to react?
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
Why not take your son to the hospital and let the pediatrician sort this all out instead? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by garriAndsugar: 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
What kind of oil did you use to fry the eggs
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by talented321: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
I no be doctor but what i have experience myself and daughters.
Malaria sef they cause that problem, the eating aspect maybe worm or still yet malaria sef dey cause mouth bitterness making it hard to eat, i don't know if u don give him worm tablet or syrubs before, because from my observation maybe him fit dey eat sweet things wella, u fit give am appetite to eat sha.
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by VeryWickedMan: 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Bethuel2022:
So the problem is, I don't know exactly what caused the allergic reaction. He has eaten rice before so I don't think it's the rice. He has also eaten eggs before but it was boiled. I thought maybe it was because the egg was fried. I want to determine what caused the allergic reaction so I can avoid it next time.

Have you tried removing yourself from him?

Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by BlongTrendies(f): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
Bethuel2022:
Hello doctors and nurses in the house. So my son hasn't been feeling well for a while but he is on medication and getting better. He hasn't had appetite for a while and has refused eating anything. Today I thought of what I could give him to boost his appetite, so I fried some eggs, added with some jollof rice and gave him. I started feeding him with the egg first. After about 30 to 45, he started itching his ears and pulling his hair. He did this for a while and then he started crying and he was very uncomfortable. Few minutes later I noticed some rashes coming out all over his body. He was so uncomfortable and cried so much. I thought at first he had measles but then I kicked against it because the rashes suddenly appeared. My neighbour told me he was having an allergic reaction and suggested I give him piriton. After the piriton he got better. So the problem is, I don't know exactly what caused the allergic reaction. He has eaten rice before so I don't think it's the rice. He has also eaten eggs before but it was boiled. I thought maybe it was because the egg was fried. I want to determine what caused the allergic reaction so I can avoid it next time. Should I fry some eggs tomorrow and give him to see if he's going to react?

Sounds like urticaria.

He actually reacted to something.

Even if you take him to a paed, you won't be given anything if he feels better.

What to do?

Since you don't know what caused this reaction, be alert for a possible next reaction.

When next it happens, take him to the nearest hospital who has a paediatrician.

Don't mix food for him for now.

Just give in bits and watch so you can isolate.

Those reactions take place in segments around 30-50mins.

Also when you find a cause, note it.
For some it's okro, peanut, eggs, etc.

Piriton worked because it's works great for allergies. A good one is Loratadine.

Watch out for the Same reactions, pulling and itching .

The rashes look bumpy some do swell too.

Also, is there atopy in the family?

Any history of asthma, rhinitis in the family, mother or father side? Extended family?
Those are questions a good doc or paed will ask.
Be prepared.

It's all part of the joy of parenthood.
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 2:11am On Jun 16, 2023
BlongTrendies:

Sounds like urticaria.

He actually reacted to something.

Even if you take him to a paed, you won't be given anything if he feels better.

What to do? Just

Since you don't know what caused this reaction, be alert for a possible next reaction.

When next it happens, take him to the nearest hospital who has a paediatrician.

Don't mix food for him for now.

Just give in bits and watch so you can isolate.

Those reactions take place in segments around 30-50mins.

Also when you find a cause, note it.
For some it's okro, peanut, eggs, etc.

Piriton worked because it's works great for allergies. A good one is Loratadine.

Watch out for the Same reactions, pulling and itching .

The rashes look bumpy some do swell too.

Also, is there atopy in the family?

Any history of asthma, rhinitis in the family, mother or father side? Extended family?
Those are questions a good doc or paed will ask.
Be prepared.

It's all part of the joy of parenthood.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why not take your son to the hospital and let the pediatrician sort this all out instead? undecided

It's not that easy, however I appreciate your input.
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
garriAndsugar:
What kind of oil did you use to fry the eggs

The satchet power oil
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
talented321:
I no be doctor but what i have experience myself and daughters.
Malaria sef they cause that problem, the eating aspect maybe worm or still yet malaria sef dey cause mouth bitterness making it hard to eat, i don't know if u don give him worm tablet or syrubs before, because from my observation maybe him fit dey eat sweet things wella, u fit give am appetite to eat sha.

I just dewormed him. He was having worm issues and malaria too, but he is on medication. He is eight months old and I didn't think he would have worm issues until he started crying so much at night and I noticed worms in his poo.
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

Have you tried removing yourself from him?

I don't understand
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by VeryWickedMan: 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
Bethuel2022:

I don't understand

He may be allergic to you.
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by BATified2023: 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
Fried egg and jollof rice

These combo I never hear am before
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by BATified2023: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
Sorrynovex:

Because you don't have money

#sorrynovex
if only u know it cost less than 5k
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
Bethuel2022:
■ It's not that easy, however I appreciate your input.
The doctor is able to carry out allergy tests to figure out what the material or substance the child may be allergic to, if at all. I don't think putting a baby through some haphazard test is the good way to go about this.. undecided
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

He may be allergic to you.

grin grin grin
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The doctor is able to carry out allergy tests to figure out what the material or substance the child may be allergic to, if at all. I don't think putting a baby through some haphazard test is the good way to go about this.. undecided

Okay
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Zupay: 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2023
Bethuel2022:

Okay

How old is your son?
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2023
BATified2023:
Fried egg and jollof rice

These combo I never hear am before

grin grin grin. Learn today
Re: Did My Son Have An Allergic Reaction? by Bethuel2022(f): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
Zupay:

How old is your son?

Eight months

(1) (Reply)

Thinking About Suicide?read This. / I Need A Live And Toothless Tiger: Any Info / Nanny Or Baby Sitters Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.