Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans (59969 Views)

Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) / Bank Manager Dies Of COVID-19 Disease In Rivers. Employee, Gateman Test Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by pakirisuitesphc(m): 4:34am On Jun 17, 2023
Best advice

Timoleon:
Sad sad end.

Too many people are just one more frustrating event away from a total mental breakdown.

If you are currently going through hard times please stay hopeful. With the right level optimism and a steady grinding and hustling, you’ll breakthrough. Yes, you can see your mates and sometimes younger ones doing better, know this and know peace; there are many people who had their breakthroughs in their forties and fifties.

Get up, go out. If you have to do menial jobs, do it. You’ll earn money to feed and sort some bills. People wey you dey fear say dem go judge you no care as you dey hunger and frustrate so why care about them as you dey hustle to push yourself in life.

Stay strong brother, stay positive sister. This shall pass. Believe and push harder, it surely will.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by alamoht(m): 5:06am On Jun 17, 2023
[quote author=NobleSeed post=123840861]If he had shared this issue with his friends, maybe somebody would have come to his aid.
[color=#990000][b]na so una dey talk.
Who knows of he told you people about his predicament,no be Nigerians again? Na them go blame am pass.
Why will you be giving out company loans to people, you know how Nigerians is bla bla
Very funny set of humans
Rip to him.

That was the only part that caught my attention too.
Nigerians are too mean 📌

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by MrCuteking(m): 5:15am On Jun 17, 2023
I’ve always told people to reduce the number of friendship to the barest minimum because friendship these days is so expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Adams011(m): 5:21am On Jun 17, 2023
Omo na my uncle friend be dis o, oh God! He shows up in our house every festive period with my uncle, Omo this is really shocking ehn!, honestly hee was a very good man.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Foodqueen(f): 5:25am On Jun 17, 2023
Rip to him.

That friend wouldn't have done anything rather mock him. No one takes his/her life if she knows they know that someone will help unconditionally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Adek15(m): 6:10am On Jun 17, 2023
Omihanifa:
This is really sad. Imagine a bank manger taking his own life for loans that he gave out to customers undecided
what if he was killed by one of the loan debtors and made to look like he killed himself?
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by onatisi(m): 6:11am On Jun 17, 2023
Foodqueen:
Rip to him.

That friend wouldn't have done anything rather mock him. No one takes his/her life if she knows they know that someone will help unconditionally.

but still suicide never solves any problem, rather it creates new ones, i accept the fact that some tough times are really very difficult and challenging but if one confides in people, one is bound to hear some encouraging words not from everyone but from few people which will give someone more courage.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Acekidc4(m): 6:25am On Jun 17, 2023
Judolisco:
dats d only option left for him sadly... I pray things don't get to dat point 4 us

Amen👍
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by countryman13: 6:34am On Jun 17, 2023
Acekidc4:
Why will you kill Yourself Over Loan Debt?? Why not Discuss your Problem out, Someone might help. A closed Mouth is a closed Destiny!!Sorosoke Werey!!

Suicide is not a good way to go but ds guys might have discussed with one or two people yet no positive response. Some will even tell you i can raise some millions for him had it bn he said it. I remembered some years back when my mom was down with sickness n I contacted one of my uncle for an assistance. He told me there was no money then but when my mom eventually died,ds same uncle said he didn't know dt d sickness was dt serious. We are only useful to ourselves while alive. May God help us, amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Acekidc4(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2023
countryman13:

Suicide is a good way to go but ds guys might have discussed with one or two people yet no positive response. Some will even tell you i can raise some millions for him had it bn he said it. I remembered some years back when my mom was down with sickness n I contacted one of my uncle for an assistance. He told me there was no money then but when my mom eventually died,ds same uncle said he didn't know dt d sickness was dt serious. We are only useful to ourselves while alive. May God help us, amen

May Almighty God Bless Your Mother's Soul👍👍
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Reference(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2023
Loan repayment failures under this austerity regime is bound to escalate. Result of gross mismanagement over the past 8 years and more. Because Nigerians largely cannot relate their choices to their experiences, we all suffer. If you are in the cash trade business insurance should be your neighbor. Sorry for the man and his family. Such a tragedy.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by countryman13: 6:36am On Jun 17, 2023
NobleSeed:
If he had shared this issue with his friends, maybe somebody would have come to his aid.
na so una dey talk.
Who knows of he told you people about his predicament,no be Nigerians again? Na them go blame am pass.
Why will you be giving out company loans to people, you know how Nigerians is bla bla
Very funny set of humans
Rip to him.
God bless you bro!

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by berbs: 6:37am On Jun 17, 2023
zeuss:

The guy was too good to a fault. Trusting callous humans.

You sabi the guy
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Godsonkemz(m): 6:42am On Jun 17, 2023
Acekidc4:
Why will you kill Yourself Over Loan Debt?? Why not Discuss your Problem out, Someone might help. A closed Mouth is a closed Destiny!!Sorosoke Werey!!

Stop talking bul**** as if they would have done something if it was disclosed to his so called friends who would rather mock him or cajole him as coward.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Nice2023(m): 6:42am On Jun 17, 2023
MXrep:

Economically dead zone can't make profits to repay loan

True talk.
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by WoroSeeWoro(m): 6:43am On Jun 17, 2023
nigerians are terrible with loan repayment......now see what they have made this man done......So sad
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Segzy19: 6:49am On Jun 17, 2023
Yours cometh soon

Shalommy:
Weaklings everywhere! Chaii... undecided
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Segzy19: 6:51am On Jun 17, 2023
You don start with your madness again abi.
And way, I'm not surprised sha. You inherited from your mother... Oloshi oloriburuku omo ale jati jati

MXrep:
A sign of economic stagnation in yorubaland. Apart from Lagos and it's encroachment into Ogun yorubaland is economically dead
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by phemmyfour: 7:08am On Jun 17, 2023
Acekidc4:

Especially when he didn't take the loan directly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Myer(m): 7:09am On Jun 17, 2023
Acekidc4:

Loan business especially Microfinance is a jungle.
Because it exposes you to the worst of the worst.
Desperate people do desperate things.

1. The Coy Management understands that most borrowers if given the chance do not want to pay back or attempt to beat the system. So they impose sanctions and mount pressure on the staff for loan recovery.

2. The Managers/Supervisors in turn mount pressures on the field staff, esp officers. This causes some officers to become desperate to disburse loans and recover the loans by any means necessary.

3. Some of these clients are diabolical and do all sorts, even attack these officers spiritually and physically whenever they are unable to meet their repayment dates.

I believe this Branch Manager was a victim of this vicious system and cycle.

Hopefully the coy/mgt has some sort of welfare package for the family he left behind.
And I pray God truly lifts his family and everyone from financial bondage in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by adekay26(m): 7:15am On Jun 17, 2023
SEAP MICROFINANCE IS A TOXIC PLACE TO WORK, THE OGA PATAPATA IS SO TOXIC TO THE EXTENT THAT HE JUST TREATS AND THREATENS THE STAFF AS IF THEY ARE GOAT.
I CAN TELL YOU CATEGORICALLY THAT THOSE IN IBADAN JUST RECIEVED THERE LAST MOMTH SALARY ON 13/6/2023.
THE DICKHEAD DEDUCTS SALARY ANYHOW IN THE NAME OF DEFAULT. THERE WAS A. TIME THE OGA WILL MANDATE STAFF WHO DID NOT ATTEND MEETINGS TO GO AND PAY A FINE IN ANOTHER STATE. FORCEFUL PRAYER MEETINGS AFTER WORK. ALMOST 10 TIMES IN A DAY.
DEFAULT ARE CALCULATED YEARLY AND TO BE PAID BY STAFF.
THIS IS THE ONLY ORGANIZATION THAT SELLS BRANDED SHIRT AND CLOTHS TO THERE STAFF.

A LOT OF ATTROCITIES IS BEING COMMITTED BY THE MAN THINKING HE OWNS THE WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by BiGVEEN58(m): 7:16am On Jun 17, 2023
NobleSeed:
If he had shared this issue with his friends, maybe somebody would have come to his aid.
na so una dey talk.
Very funny set of humans
Rip to him.

dem go even use am talk for him back . wicked people! very wivked people

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by adetayoonas(m): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2023
Timoleon:
Sad sad end.

Too many people are just one more frustrating event away from a total mental breakdown.

If you are currently going through hard times please stay hopeful. With the right level optimism and a steady grinding and hustling, you’ll breakthrough. Yes, you can see your mates and sometimes younger ones doing better, know this and know peace; there are many people who had their breakthroughs in their forties and fifties.

Get up, go out. If you have to do menial jobs, do it. You’ll earn money to feed and sort some bills. People wey you dey fear say dem go judge you no care as you dey hunger and frustrate so why care about them as you dey hustle to push yourself in life.

Stay strong brother, stay positive sister. This shall pass. Believe and push harder, it surely will.

Thanks for this motivation. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by NoToPile: 7:18am On Jun 17, 2023
Nigerians are bad debtors, even some of the people yarning dust on this thread are owing one app or the other see their Yeye mouth.

His blood is on them, terrible people, na by force to collect loan?

The MFB sef no try shey they can't activate LAPOs style ni.

Rip to the man, I wonder the kind of threats he has been getting from the management of that MFB for him to commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by foxxydude: 7:21am On Jun 17, 2023
Maybe he collected kickbacks from the loans
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Donpaulo2(m): 7:27am On Jun 17, 2023
Tonytonex:
people should try to be paying their debt na
For this naija 😂 wey most of us stingy like mad even to pay small debt na issue. Fear who no fear Nigerians😂😂

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Anchor12: 7:29am On Jun 17, 2023
Timoleon:
Sad sad end.

Thank you brother my God will surely locate you. More wisdom and understanding
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by Donpaulo2(m): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2023
NoToPile:
Nigerians are bad debtors, even some of the people yarning dust on this thread are owing one app or the other see their Yeye mouth.

His blood is on them, terrible people, na by force to collect loan?

The MFB sef no try shey they can't activate LAPOs style ni.

Rip to the man, I wonder the kind of threats he has been getting from the management of that MFB for him to commit suicide.
exactly my point bro. Some see this loan of a thing as opportunity and after they collect it they lock up and some never pay it back. Sad!

1 Like

Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by ADSP116(m): 7:35am On Jun 17, 2023
No wonder they transport your brothers,sisters, father and mother from south yeast into our ever progressing region every day.
MXrep:
A sign of economic stagnation in yorubaland. Apart from Lagos and it's encroachment into Ogun yorubaland is economically dead
Re: Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans by zeuss: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2023
berbs:

You sabi the guy

His psychological character is evident in his choice solution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes / 5 Foods In Nigeria That You Should Avoid Eating As Much As Possible / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.