Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items (26822 Views)

Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars / What You Need To Know About CBN’s Lifting Forex Restriction On 43 Items / CBN To Intervene In Forex Market, Lifts Ban On 43 Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by KingsCity: 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
Reference:

That is if you can live without them.

If you cannot live without them then you should be able to source fx for them through the official market

If they can’t get through the official market, then they are left with only the black market
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by juman(m): 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
-Naira-dollar is free to flow.
-43 non-eligible items remain banned from forex list.

Recall that in June 2015, the CBN in its effort to sustain the stability of the naira and ensure the efficient utilization of foreign exchange excluded importers of some goods and services from accessing foreign exchange at the Nigerian foreign exchange markets in order to encourage local production of these items.

The CBN had clarified then that the importation of these Items are not banned , thus importers desirous of importing these Items shall do so using their own funds without any recourse to the Nigerian foreign exchange markets.

The CBN gave clarity in light of the recent changes in the official window.
https://newswirengr.com/2023/06/16/full-list-43-non-eligible-items-remain-banned-from-forex-list-cbn/
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by JayDuke: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
CrazyGranddad:
Forex this. Sack that. Sign this.

Simple question.

As a Nigerian, has your life been easier in the last 3 weeks?
is it supposed to be a magic?
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by herich(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
Agbado a$$lickers claiming obedient.
This is their new strategy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Clowns!
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Biola67: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
CrazyGranddad:

Simple question.

Sheyb na within 3wks dem born you. Mumu think say na magic

1 Like

Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Bishop4real: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
💸💵💰🇳🇬
This Country is going to be very Great under the Watch of President BOLA AHMED TINUBU!! This i Have Seen!!

Thanks also to the deliberate long term growth & development plans of APC...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Chetas81(m): 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
ABOKI WITH AQUEI DOLLAR AQUEI DOLLAR 💰 BY THE ROADSIDE NO LONGER NEEDED ✌️ BECAUSE IT'S AN INSULT TO OUR NATION ✌️ HOW CAN SOMEONE TRADING DOLLARS ALONG THE ROAD OF NIGERIA IN EVERY STATE ✍️
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by tatax(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2023
If you are floating the naira, then lift restrictions on existing policy that banned these 43 items from accessing dollar at official rate otherwise this is just noise & creating more problems.. Importers of these items will have to go to Black market to source for dollars to buy these items & this act will further shoot dollar to over 900. Who bans rice, cement, eggs, furnitures, meat, tiles, clothes, roofing sheets etc when ur country have not acheieved self sufficiency. Only Buhari & Emiefele. This policy is the reason why things are so expensive and inflation is high. If Tinubu and his team are not thinking yet to lift this ban then they are not doing anything. Allow fair competition & lift this ban then watch economy start coming together otherwise this is just NOISE!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Ifyz0001: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2023
Tinubu hasn't started anything yet....he is only undoing the mess he caused ...we wait until he starts implementing new convincing policies
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
neiht:
undecided them no ready to crash this dollar be that
No mind them
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by blaise26abj(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
tatax:
If you are floating the naira, then lift restrictions on existing policy that banned these 43 items from accessing dollar at official rate otherwise this is just noise & creating more problems.. Importers of these items will have to go to Black market to source for dollars to buy these items & this act will further shoot dollar to over 900. Who bans rice, cement, eggs, furnitures, meat, tiles, clothes, roofing sheets etc when ur country have not acheieved self sufficiency. Only Buhari & Emiefele. This policy is the reason why things are so expensive and inflation is high. If Tinubu and his team are not thinking yet to lift this ban then they are not doing anything. Allow fair competition & lift this ban then watch economy start coming together otherwise this is just NOISE!

My brother why ? All these things should forever be banned . Our eggs can sustain us . Furniture is booming in nigeria . Companies have come to produce tiles in nigeria and they are doing well . Rice was doing well before Buhari’s bandits and brothers started their wahala . Those things need to be banned. Cement is fine . Just that the government has to prevent Dangote’s monopolistic tendencies
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by lexy2014: 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
TsbAfrica:
you are here again haha I sight you ... Well you can keep wailing. It's a nesecary nuisance.

Did you just respond to this call....Tinubu asslickers pls come and praise Tinubu for this even though you might not understand what CBN is saying
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by lexy2014: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
Acekidc4:
💸💵💰🇳🇬
This Country is going to be very Great under the Watch of President BOLA AHMED TINUBU!! This i Have Seen!!

Based on a statement by CBN. Pls explain the topic
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by TsbAfrica: 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Did you just respond to this call....Tinubu asslickers pls come and praise Tinubu for this even though you might not understand what CBN is saying
the fact that it flies over your head doesn't mean we all lack two brain cells to rub together. Like it or not tinubu rules and presides over your life... Listen, after your creator, the next person lording over your life is Tinubu. And might I add " for the next 8 long prosperous years".

2 Likes

Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Acekidc4(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
lexy2014:

Based on a statement by CBN. Pls explain the topic

I did not come online to explain anything to anybody. If you don't understand that's your Problem.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
KingsCity:

If you cannot live without them then you should be able to source fx for them through the official market

If they can’t get through the official market, then they are left with only the black market
This man is caving into pressure, he doesn't want to eliminate parallel market
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
blaise26abj:

My brother why ? All these things should forever be banned . Our eggs can sustain us . Furniture is booming in nigeria . Companies have come to produce tiles in nigeria and they are doing well . Rice was doing well before Buhari’s bandits and brothers started their wahala . Those things need to be banned. Cement is fine . Just that the government has to prevent Dangote’s monopolistic tendencies
What happened to the last 8years banning?

Yielded nothing. Total waste of efforts.

These people always talk about consuming local, but yet their actions is always contrary
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
Omoawoke:

To be honest, I don’t understand this policy.
Is there a single rate or we still using aboki rate and cbn rate??
That’s the question
It is contradictory
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by eminikansoso(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
Egoat:
In a layman's language please?
Force of demand and supply.
Market occur at equilibrium point
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by bdon12: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
Anytime u see grammar u dnt understand, jst know another experiment is on d way.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
Reference:
This is wrong.
Anything denied officially will find its way to alternate market sources and will fuel it making the CBN continually chase the black market rate which will destabilize it.

Free exchange of currency aka free market means exactly that.
When you start building road blocks, blocking rivers you build up the kind of pressures seen in a dam with serious consequences if it fails.

This is where the good governance and the right economic policies I have been advocating for to compliment reforms is badly needed. We must begin to produce what we import as an active policy by the right kind of carrots and sticks.

Business as usual. These people should unify the damn thing for gawd sake. As it floats, fluctuating no less than two (2) Naira.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by GodIsGreat001: 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
[/b]

You want to buy house in a nice and serene environment within the axis of Lagos Mainland
Take Advantage of this beautiful Estate, located at Mowe Town by Redemption Camp and 15 minutes drive from Ojodu Berger Lagos.
Tittle: C of o.
Available in N27.5million, N25million and N20million respectfully. Make initial deposit of N5million and spread the balance for up to 12 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-KwQ7NHMk

Mowe is not LAGOS stop misleading people into buying ur properties
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Vision101(m): 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
@Egoat
In a layman's language please?

@me
If you wan sell dollar, go to your bank and tell them how much you wan sell am.

If I wan buy dollar, I will go to my bank and tell them the rate I wan pay

The bank go help you sell and help me buy using the middle of the road rate ruling in the market.

Them go document ram send to cbn.

The items wey gonment don ban from importation still remain oooo.

I try.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Vision101(m): 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
@fergieboy
Chai form Q business don close o.

@me
Yesooooo
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by DMCY: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://twitter.com/cenbank/status/1669662614366957570?t=rDhn7N26w4g7wnhQH6eHlQ&s=19

The koko is what will happen to all pending form A transactions?
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by nedekid: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
Reference:

This is what JP Morgan was implying. The official rate has just been raised not floated. The naira is still tethered to whoever has it. The market is still not free. And as they say, as long as this scenario remains foreign cash inflows will pussy foot.

It is like the fuel subsidy drama. Raising the price is not the same as subsidy removal or free market. The test comes in response to international forces of trade, etc. Same as the naira.
In my layman's view, I think it basically means gov has just ensured to get more naira value for less dollar income. Local debt to gov will be settled for fewer dollars.
Seems to me, inflation, reduced purchasing power for Nigerians, unless the market stabilizes and naira appreciates. But we all know Nigeria is unique, what goes up never comes down.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by Ddokie: 9:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
JoshTim:

There are rules governing over the counter market. The same thing with stock trading, there are over the counter dealings but they are still regulated. It is completely different from Aboki FX traders.

Oga leave the technicalities. In reality, if i want to buy a car from the U.S, the only way i can get dollar is through the aboki on allen avenue. I cannot get if from the bank. Simplicita.

For as long as I will need the Aboki, there can never be a unified rate. The 43 items you mentioned will still be imported. Where will the importers get the dollar to buy them? Shebi na aboki?

What has simply happened is that the benefits we were getting through a fixed price, for school fees, medicals and medicines, etc, is no longer fixed. It will be determined by forces of demand and supply. And as we speak, the force of demand and supply has left the dollar at 700 instead of 450 last week. Aboki's price has also increased to 765 from 750 last week.

1 Like

Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by komzy589(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
CrazyGranddad:

Simple question.

Those Dummies think it is by painting every with sign, sack and forex. Tinubu is polluting the media with his armies.
They forget that no one can hide the reality from living standards.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by juman(m): 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
Jagaban.
The new beginning.
The path to progress and modernity.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by JoshTim: 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ddokie:

Oga leave the technicalities. In reality, if i want to buy a car from the U.S, the only way i can get dollar is through the aboki on allen avenue. I cannot get if from the bank. Simplicita.

For as long as I will need the Aboki, there can never be a unified rate. The 43 items you mentioned will still be imported. Where will the importers get the dollar to buy them? Shebi na aboki?

What has simply happened is that the benefits we were getting through a fixed price, for school fees, medicals and medicines, etc, is no longer fixed. It will be determined by forces of demand and supply. And as we speak, the force of demand and supply has left the dollar at 700 instead of 450 last week. Aboki's price has also increased to 765 from 750 last week.

Lol, you are wrong. The I & E rate is 764. No Aboki rate again.
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by samz77: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2023
Omoawoke:

To be honest, I don’t understand this policy.
Is there a single rate or we still using aboki rate and cbn rate??
That’s the question
unified exchange rate and that's single rate nothing like aboki or interbank rate any more
Re: CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items by blaise26abj(m): 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

What happened to the last 8years banning?

Yielded nothing. Total waste of efforts.

These people always talk about consuming local, but yet their actions is always contrary

My brother it did . I can confidently talk about furniture and tiles . I know some of them didn’t make sense . But some sectors thrived because of the import bans or restriction in access to official forex for their importation .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Gains As Politicians Pump ‘election Dollars’ Into Economy / $20billion Dollars Idle In Few Individual's Domiciliary Accounts-cbn / Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.