Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Viral Happie Boys And OPM Pastor Saga: Lessons Learned¹ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Viral Happie Boys And OPM Pastor Saga: Lessons Learned¹ (972 Views)

Nigerians Blast Happie Boys For Claiming OPM Pastor Raped, Impregnated Minor / Video Of Happie Boys Apologizing To OPM Pastor While Rejecting His Latest Offer. / Happie Boys To OPM Pastor: You Can't Use Our Stars To Rıde Prıvate Jet... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viral Happie Boys And OPM Pastor Saga: Lessons Learned¹ by Rebuke: 12:31am On Jun 17, 2023
The story of the Happie Boys, a duo of viral security guards, has been circulating on the internet. These two individuals gained fame when they were fired by Chicken Republic for dancing while on duty. However, their journey took a positive turn when a philanthropist OPM pastor came to their aid, offering them assistance and sending them on a scholarship to Cyprus.

Initially, the boys took to their social media platforms to accuse the OPM pastor of negligence, claiming he had promised them a full scholarship in Cyprus but had abandoned them in the country and stopped taking responsibility for them. They even shared screenshots of their conversations with the pastor, alleging that he had used their "stars" to purchase a private jet. This angered the pastor, who responded by cursing them out of frustration.

While many people criticized the pastor for his outburst, he later announced that he had forgiven the Happie Boys and arranged for their return to Nigeria by contacting the travel agent who had organized their trip. This would enable them to continue their scholarship.

It should be noted that the pastor had previously mentioned financial challenges due to the high exchange rate between the dollar and the naira, making it difficult for him to continue funding scholarships for students studying abroad. He advised the students to consider continuing their education in Nigeria or Benin Republic, where the financial burden would be more manageable.

In response, the Happie Boys posted an apology on their social media platforms, expressing gratitude to the pastor and acknowledging that they would not have had the opportunity to travel to Cyprus without his help. However, they stated that they were no longer interested in the scholarship and had no plans to return to Nigeria.

From this story, several lessons can be learned:

1.Refrain from rewarding negative behavior: The boys' employment termination was a result of being caught on camera dancing while on duty as security guards. In order to assist them, it would be prudent to focus on their rehabilitation and ensuring they learn from their mistakes. However, rather than addressing their actions appropriately, the OPM man hastily decided to reward them with a scholarship to Cyprus.

2. Entitlement mentality: In my opinion, the Happie Boys exhibited an entitlement mentality. They not only called out their benefactor but also accused him of using their stars to buy a private jet, disregarding the fact that the man had explained his financial challenges. Some people argued that the man should not have sent them to Cyprus if he couldn't fulfill his promise of a full scholarship.

Seriously, what more could the man have done? Should he have resorted to theft to fund their scholarship? He even offered to continue sponsoring their education on the condition that they relocate to Nigeria or Benin Republic.
Is the man their father? Even parents can pass away, and life goes on. Would they start lamenting on the internet, accusing their deceased parents of unfulfilled promises? These boys come across as lazy and desiring an easy life. If that's not the case, what prevents them from finding employment to sustain themselves?

3. Attitude matters: As someone once said, "A bad attitude is like a flat tire; it will get you nowhere." Frankly speaking, these boys don't seem to possess good manners. Despite issuing an apology online, their choice of words, such as "let everybody dey him dey," "we don't need the OPM scholarship again," and "we don't want tithe and offering money," hardly sound like a genuine apology. In my view, these guys have a significant attitude problem, and it can be risky to offer assistance to such individuals. Furthermore, I have come across several pictures of them drinking and partying. One of them, the slim one, even has a pierced ear with an earring. Imagine if you were the person who sent them abroad and witnessed their appearance in such a manner. How would you feel? It's astonishing to think that the person sponsoring them is a pastor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEoZejTP-ac

1 Like

Re: Viral Happie Boys And OPM Pastor Saga: Lessons Learned¹ by Rebuke: 12:31am On Jun 17, 2023
4. It is risky to assist individuals who lack vision: aiding those who have no clear goals or aspirations of their own is akin to pouring water into a basket. Regardless of how much water you pour, it will never be contained, and you will continue pouring in vain.

Let's imagine a scenario where there are no financial constraints, and these individuals actually manage to graduate. What comes next? Are they simply going to wait for the OPM man to provide them with jobs?

In my opinion, considering the exposure and online attention these guys have garnered, they could have easily transformed their fame into a profitable venture. They have a genuine passion for dancing, so what prevented them from creating a YouTube channel and continuing to showcase their skills? I'm certain that people would watch and subscribe to their channel.

They could have effortlessly built a brand and generated income from it. Moreover, the fact that they now reside abroad could have been a compelling selling point and an excellent way to make a statement. Instead, they find themselves lamenting and complaining, which demonstrates the shallowness of their thinking.

5. Be cautious when helping people without vision: Assisting individuals who lack direction is like pouring water into a basket—it is a futile effort. Even if the Happie Boys were to graduate, what would be their next step? They appeared to rely on the pastor for job opportunities instead of leveraging their online fame and skills to create income-generating ventures.

6. Exercise caution and discernment when extending your assistance: while helping others is commendable, it is crucial to carefully consider the circumstances before offering aid. Rushing into assistance without thoughtful consideration can have adverse consequences. Avoid providing assistance to individuals who may turn around and portray you in a negative light. Ensure that the help you offer does not boomerang back to harm you.

Consider the backlash the man in this situation has faced from internet users. It is important to assess the capabilities and suitability of the person you intend to help before extending your support.
It appears that these individuals lack the necessary capacity to handle such assistance, which is evident from their attitude. If the man had sent them to learn vocational skills or provided scholarships within Nigeria, the outcome might have been different. Unfortunately, some individuals will always remain ungrateful regardless of the circumstances.

If you have derived any personal insights from this saga, please feel free to share them.

In conclusion, I am not here to defend anyone but to state the obvious and share my opinion. I wish the Happie Boys the best of luck and hope they recognize their mistakes and make amends to avoid becoming a laughing stock.

2 Likes

Re: Viral Happie Boys And OPM Pastor Saga: Lessons Learned¹ by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
This is well thought out. This is frontpage material. The part about helping people without vision is important.

It is equally important to help people achieve their vision. Because sometimes, we may wrongly tag a person's with a different vision as being visionless.

Could Seun Mynd44 and the mods allow more people dish out their opinion on this.

1 Like

Re: Viral Happie Boys And OPM Pastor Saga: Lessons Learned¹ by Rebuke: 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Shoodboi:
This is well thought out. This is frontpage material. The part about helping people without vision is important.

It is equally important to help people achieve their vision. Because sometimes, we may wrongly tag a person's with a different vision as being visionless.

Could Seun Mynd44 and the mods allow more people dish out their opinion on this.

Thanks bro, I don't longer waste my energy trying to call the mod's attention. I only just create my thread and hope some people get to view it, front page or no front page.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arguments About Religion / Take A Look At This / What Is Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.