Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,064 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

“I Wouldn’t Take On A Role That Will Jeopardize My Home” Actor Temitope Akinyemi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Wouldn’t Take On A Role That Will Jeopardize My Home” Actor Temitope Akinyemi (766 Views)

Adeyinka Alaseyori & Her Husband Dave Akinyemi Celebrate 6th Wedding Anniversary / Temitope Osoba: “I Once Had Sex In The Car And On The Beach” / If I had a second choice I wouldn’t choose Miracle” - Nina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Wouldn’t Take On A Role That Will Jeopardize My Home” Actor Temitope Akinyemi by ekeibiduntv(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2023
Meet Temitope Akinyemi a Nollywood actor, film maker, producer an executive producer and the CEO Of Integrity Icon productions.

Our reporter Badejo Adeyemi spoke to him on how he cemented his place in the movie space.

“…i wouldn’t take on a role that will compromise my belief and jeopardize my home”

Excerpts

Q. Can you tell us about your journey in the film industry and how you became involved in filmmaking and acting?

Integrity icon. Well, I had a passion for acting at a tender age but I didn’t do anything about it, but fortunately for me, I have an elder sister who was working under AINA GOLD. Her name was “Funke Akinyemi and she’s late now. I got to meet a lot of people in the industry through her with whom I later became friends. So this made my journey into the industry a little bit easier. I became a full member in 2011.

Q. What motivated you to start your own production company, Integrity Icon Productions, and what is the vision behind it?

Integrity icon. Since 2011, it’s been on and off, For some reason I had to put my acting career on pending for some business ideas. But in 2015,I relocated to Ogun State and that was when I decided to resurrect my acting career. I wanted to form a group with one of my friends who also had a passion for acting. A lady also joined us and we were 3. We deliberated on what the group’s name should be, I came up with INTEGRITY and the lady came up with ICON and that was how “INTEGRITY ICON PERFORMING ART came into existence. It was actually run like a school, we had some students coming in to join then and I’m the sole financier. Unfortunately I had to dissolve the group some years after because I relocated back to Lagos but I retained the group’s name and a lot of people by then have started calling me “Integrity Icon” because it was the name I opened my Instagram account with, My first production after I got back to Lagos was produced with the name ” INTEGRITY ICON” and that was how the name became a brand.

Q. Do you think Yoruba actors are relegated?

Integrity icon. Nope, Yoruba actors are not and cannot be relegated. We have always been the one to put Nollywood into the forefront. Our acting prowess and film making aptness has always put us on the global map and I’m not seeing this stop anytime from now. You can see we are improving everyday, Our actors have produced the highest grossed Nollywood movie of all time and the most grossed indigenous movie of all time. So,what more could I say?

Q. What is that one role you can never play?

Integrity icon. As an actor, you have to be versatile and creative. But I wouldn’t take on a role that will compromise my belief and jeopardize my home. A role that wouldn’t teach morality. I won’t go nude or have direct sex in movies.

Q. Can you tell us about your educational background and family?

Integrity icon. I’m from the Akinyemi’s family, The first male child of 4 of which I’m number 3. My dad hails from Oyo state and my mum is from Ogun state. I’m a graduate of UNILAG and I’m happily married and blessed with lovely kids.

Q. As a filmmaker, producer, and actor, how do you balance your various roles and responsibilities?

Integrity icon. Well, it has not been easy but we thank God all the way. Being an actor made it easier to be a film maker. It gives me the necessary perspective about the types of actors I wanna have on my set and the kind of story i wanna work on. It prepares me for what’s to come and how to have proper communication skills with my cast and crew. I’m able to balance the roles well by thorough understanding of the two and what they entails. Luckily for me, I also have people around me who help and ensure the burdens are not overwhelming.

Q. How do you handle attention from your female fans?

Integrity icon. I’m always diplomatic about how I handle and deal with my female fans and not even female fans alone but all my fans. They are unavoidable, most will come to your Dm’s with different messages and all that. But one just has to be extra careful and apply wisdom. May God always guide and guard us.

Q. What is the biggest price you have paid for your career?

Integrity icon. One of the greatest prices I paid was over a friends production. I was supposed to be on his set for 5 days and we planned the production together but I was hospitalized before the date. I couldn’t afford to miss the production because I knew it was going to affect a lot of things, so I literally ran away from the hospital without anyone’s consent. I removed the drip from my hand and left. Thank God I already packed all my costumes in the car, didn’t even inform my wife I’ll be going for the production. I went, spent 5 days, and I did great all through.

Q. Who is that one personality you will love to work with and why?

Integrity icon. The only person I’d love to work with is Odunlade Adekola. I so much admire his craft and his production ability. He’s so agile and I love the way he handles production. He’s that actor that endeavors to always bring out the best in every actor he’s opportune to work with. He’s been on my set before and I still wanna have him any day any time.

Q. What do you consider to be your greatest achievements in the film industry so far, and why?

Integrity icon. My greatest achievement? I can’t really say but i have to thank God for where I’m coming from and where he’s taking me to. I know God has a huge plan for me and I’m yet to get there. My greatest achievement so far is being alive and doing what I love most. It actually gives me the perks.

Q. Can you share some insights into the process of producing and acting in Nollywood Yoruba movies? What are some unique aspects or challenges of working in this genre?

Integrity icon. Production in every genre is virtually the same thing, a thorough preparation makes a better production but what makes Yoruba movies production more interesting is bringing in our various cultures, languages and religions into the movie. It gives us an edge over others and it makes our movies and roles kind of unique. You can see someone who hails from Oyo state speaking egba dialect perfectly and also a Christian playing the roles of a muslim without stress. We trained ourselves to be versatile and creative. We can also go to any length, traveled anywhere just to make our production the best.

Q. Which of the films you have worked on as a producer and actor holds a special place in your heart, and why?

Integrity icon. Hmmm, all the movies I have produced actually hold a special place in my heart. There was not a movie I produced that I didn’t see as my best but I can say ” IPIN” (FATE) stands out. It enables me to realize that nothing is unachievable when you set your mind to it. It’s a Segun Ogungbe’s direction and a lot of great actors were part of the production. Bimbo Oshin, Akin Lewis, Akin Olaiya, Bukunmi Oluwashina, Saidi Balogun, Myself and many more. Akeem effect was also part of the production and it has a lot to tell. Till tomorrow it’s a movie you’ll watch and re-watch. It has a replay value as they say.

1 Share

Re: “I Wouldn’t Take On A Role That Will Jeopardize My Home” Actor Temitope Akinyemi by Okunola1921: 9:17am On Jun 17, 2023
I don't know him
Re: “I Wouldn’t Take On A Role That Will Jeopardize My Home” Actor Temitope Akinyemi by JaneYave(f): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2023
I thought acting was a staged play or is there something else that goes on that we don't know? I think partners need to orient their spouses on the demands of their career. It settles alot and propels greater understanding. Omotala wouldn't have made a big name if her husbandto what happens on screen to heart and many others
Re: “I Wouldn’t Take On A Role That Will Jeopardize My Home” Actor Temitope Akinyemi by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2023
Okunola1921:
I don't know him

grin , I am not the TV type, I jus dey learn. I never sort reach to sight him or notice instead.

(1) (Reply)

Davido Breaks Silence On Pregnancy Drama, Speaks About Chioma's Future / Mfm Wins Again As Us Court Slams Blogger, Funke Ashekun With 50,000 Dollars For / Nollywood Actor, Funsho Adeolu And His Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.