Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki (17682 Views)

Pope Francis Appoints Peter Chukwu Bishop For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese (Photo) / Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass / Catholic Bishop And His Muslim Mother In Sierra Leone (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 7:14am On Jun 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5a0ieVZpqA

The Catholic bishop of Abakaliki diocese has said that none of his priest will work for the government.

Many of Ebonyi Politicians have be messing with the priest because of money. Priests have become nothing for them.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by spencekat(m): 7:49am On Jun 18, 2023
But,a priest is the governor of Benue state.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Freedom2023(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2023
Ok. Can u control them all? Your priests are money lovers and must fraternize with politicians

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by bewla(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2023
That's indirect call to employ them

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by endy69: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2023
Freedom2023:
Ok. Can u control them all? Your priests are money lovers and must fraternize with politicians
Bishop can control them. Those that misbehave is because their Bishop allow them to misbehave. There are a lot of measures and parishioners will always report to the Bishop when their priest start to misbehave

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2023
i support.............
Religion should not be mixed with Politics!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by MrCGPA(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2023
Diving into Politics and Making unnecessary comments by many so called Priests and Pastors have Mocked Christianity Severally in Nigeria. Don't pronounce what no God Told You.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Winters23: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2023
grin
Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by nairalanda1(m): 9:12am On Jun 18, 2023
spencekat:

Yeah and i doubt the Catholic church is happy about it.

All the clergymen in Nigeria who went into politics have eventually been censored by their parent church

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by AutoConsult: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2023
Dey play. Priests also have needs. With the right price, they'll give in. It is what it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by EnemyofGod2: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2023
Religion has done a lot of damage to us than good.it shall never be well with people who brought religion to us.

Mean why, the bitter truth is that, God, Satan or Jesus Christ doesn't exist.

There's no verifiable recognizable concretable approvable evidence of their existence.

No man Born of woman has ever proof the existence of God....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Draslo(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2023
AutoConsult:
Dey play. Priests also have needs. With the right price, they'll give in. It is what it is.
It is what it is my brother. The many popes the Catholic church has had in Italy for many centuries have always put their hands in European politics, so much so that the Pope is usually the figure head ahead of all the royals of Europe with all of them almost always answerable to him. Times have changed though but I can say I don't know what the hell this Archbishop is smoking.
Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by orohbiro(f): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2023
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind I see envy in this speech. God forgive me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by nairalanda1(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2023
AutoConsult:

At least they can leave the priesthood while they are at it.

Because they would be mega hypocrites if they don't.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Heyne: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2023
Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Ebubu2: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2023
orohbiro:
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind I see envy in thus speech. God forgives me
envy? Do you know the Billions a Bishop controls? How is he jealous of a priest that collects paltry millions for ashawo politician?

You are very very ignorant

10 Likes

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by rajiedreez: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
OK sir
Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by blinking001(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
Because he'll do the working alone. He hates competition. Business as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Nemesis0147(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
spencekat:
he said under his diocese in Ebonyi state.

6 Likes

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by OloyeVIII: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
wait lemme blow a spliff! gotta be high, to discuss matters of the most high.
Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Koboland(f): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2023
As it should be

2 Likes

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by HAICHCONCEPTZZ(m): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2023
Politics started from the church, can you separate politics from church ?

If Obi had been declared winner of the election, the statement will be
We will work closely with the political leaders to bring the desired change to the parishioners. 😂

6 Likes

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by fredoooooo: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2023
Church can not take the country back ..
Church goers should first take their brains back from their church pastorpreneurs first.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by omoredia: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2023
It is people's work not government work
Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by lexy2014: 9:29am On Jun 18, 2023
spencekat:

Is Benue state under ebonyi diocese?

7 Likes

Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Shigishege2: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2023
Thats your problems
Re: No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:30am On Jun 18, 2023
Yeye! Obviously ENVELOPE never reach his hands.
This is New Nigeria ,ENVELOPE reduced

tonyzeal:
if you know how many billions a bishop of a diocese controls,you would delete this post.
Their personal Money or U & I's MONEY?
what business do they Do for Living?
Bros , let jus keep it that way.. i am born, bread, Raised from Anglican back ground. I know how this work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Favourite Bible Verse / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Gunmen ECWA Church In Kaduna, One Killed, Others Abducted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.