Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals (35686 Views)

Wike Sacks 21 Heads Of FCTA Agencies, Parastatals / President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies / FG To Review Salaries, Wages Of Ministries, Agencies And Parastatals - Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by ijustdey: 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Acting under pressure from supporters pushing for political relevance, the federal government may have decided to dissolve the boards of federal agencies and parastatals, THISDAY has learnt.

However, because some of the positions are tenured, it is not certain how far it would be implemented, but there are strong indications that the Presidency may have given the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), the go-ahead to dissolve and reconstitute the managements and boards of the agencies and parastatals.

The green light to dissolve to board of parastatals has already alerted political lobbyists who are gearing up to be appointed in the event of the dissolution of the boards of the federal parastatals.

However, when contacted yesterday on the issue, the Director Information OSGF, Willie Bassey, said he was unaware of such presidential approval. There are about 42 agencies and parastatals directly under the supervision of the OSGF, that directly help the government in the daily running of varying and specific, oversight and administrative functions.

The dissolution of the boards is expected to help President Bola Tinubu to shape the agenda of his own administration. Some senior civil servants who spoke to THISDAY last night, said that it would not be out of place for Tinubu to dissolve the boards of federal parastatals inherited from former President Muhammadu Buhari.

They noted that his predecessor also carried out a similar cleansing exercise in 2015 when he aproved the dissolution of the governing boards of federal parastatals, agencies and institutions.

Under Buhari’s instruction, the chief executive officers of the affected parastatals, agencies and institutions were directed to refer all matters requiring the attention of their boards to the president, through the Permanent Secretaries of their supervising ministries.

Similarly, Buhari had also constituted the boards of the six aviation agencies less than 24 hours to the end of his administration after the agencies operated without boards for close to a decade, despite that their Acts make the constitution of boards mandatory.

The agencies were the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) and the recently created Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB).However, the appointments were not confirmed as the ninth Senate could not ratify them before its dissolution and the subsequent inauguration of a new government on May 29.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/06/18/fg-to-dissolve-boards-of-federal-agencies-parastatals

12 Likes

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Martinsmine(m): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
Corrupt individuals has taking over and its making foreign investors to back out

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by freemanq(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
It's long over due

31 Likes

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Mahul: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
For a fresh ideas

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by DevilsEqual(m): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
Total dissolution like Icing sugar in water
I'm forecd to believe BAT came prepared, he doesnt at all look like he's bereft of ideas

I wish i could use Scrodringer time paradox to travel ahead of time to see how beautiful Nigeria would become in 2030

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by SalamRushdie: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Tinubu is dissolving it to reward his men

23 Likes

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by KingOfIsoko1: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Lets see if any of the Zombies on Nairaland will make it to one of the new boards

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
On your mandate I stand

Ashiwaju Jagaban

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Lanretoye(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:
yes,kii your self abi na hin enemies he go reward.na to dey misconstrue every attempt una know.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:

He would have rewarded you naaaaa

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by CodeTemplar: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
Tinubu is doing the best any single man can do to restructure Nigeria against the wish of those favoured by the current structure. I expect efficiency unit to be back on card and more.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by savcy(m): 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
I give it to Tinubu if this true. Wipe out the old guard and constitute a new one loyal to your visions and policies. No serious President won't shake up the civil service, because they're the beginning and end of any and all policy direction.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by yetunsbay(m): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:
if na u....una go gimme ur enemy ?

6 Likes

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by SalamRushdie: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
Lanretoye:
yes,kii your self abi na hin enemies he go reward.na to dey misconstrue every attempt una know.

Just saying before some gullible folks think it's in the interest of Nigeria ...I hope you will also be rewarded

5 Likes

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Solsix(m): 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
It will be filled with politicians without a y knowledge about the organization they are heading.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Just saying before some gullible folks think it's in the interest of Nigeria ...I hope you will also be rewarded

grin Long live Tinubu. God Bless Nigeria and true Nigerians.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by patriotic007: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
Handing over a sick country to a sick old man is nothing but pure evil......Mere looking at the picture of him above tells the whole story......sad angry angry angry angry

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Heroicvic(m): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
board of parastatals sounds like board of parasites to me, kudos to pbat

All these agbado boys sef 😂 any small thing, on your mandate we stand
They won't even understand what the whole story is

Dismissal to appoint his own kinsmen... Anyway what do I know

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Nemesis0147(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
D
Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by RedChiefPriest: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Don't know how it will affect Nigeria, maybe positively it negatively,so I will just keep quiet and eat my kolanuts in peace.
Anything politics, politicians and government I hate am.

1 Like

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by gaby(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Time to settle the boys and girls as is the norm.

Waiting to see what Kenyamu and FoodForKayode get.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by SleekyP(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Give it to Tinubu….. earn as you work…no more padding grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by datola: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
It's a normal thing. It should have been done earlier self

1 Like

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by tommykiwi(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
We call dis initial gra-gra

1 Like

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ok. It is noted.

1 Like

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
Okay

Fresh men for the new tasks ahead. The former board that have been plagiarized should be dissolved immediately.

Check my signature to trade with us at a good rate today ✅

1 Like

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2023
That’s a good one coming from His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)

45 Likes

Re: FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals by LibertyRep: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
That's the ritual after every new government is installed.

Jobs for the boys and loyalists.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Power Shift To South ‘Non-Negotiable’ - APC Secretary / Deborah Samuel: Charly Boy, Others Protest (Photos) / Tinubu’s Ministerial Nominees Undergo Security Checks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.