Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Alx Or Uk - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Alx Or Uk (1860 Views)

I Just Quit ALX Programme / Alx Or Zuri / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
sageb:

What if someone learns German language, will it suffice?

They don't speak German in Finland
Re: Alx Or Uk by Deicide: 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lol, how many Alx graduate you know way don make am?
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
Deicide:
Lol, how many Alx graduate you know way don make am?

Lol them just start the program na. It's too early to judge
Re: Alx Or Uk by Najdorf: 5:06am On Jun 22, 2023
Why not the US?
Re: Alx Or Uk by Deicide: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol them just start the program na. It's too early to judge
It's been 3 years sha
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:15am On Jun 22, 2023
Deicide:
It's been 3 years sha

Seriously shocked shocked shocked. Nna men. 3 years. I thought they started last year o. To be honest I don't see tech growing if we don't develop our internal economy. We cant keep training devs to offshore. Offshore them to who?
Re: Alx Or Uk by Deicide: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Seriously shocked shocked shocked. Nna men. 3 years. I thought they started last year o. To be honest I don't see tech growing if we don't develop our internal economy. We cant keep training devs to offshore. Offshore them to who?
Nigerian company are not ready yet.
Re: Alx Or Uk by lastkingsman: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Wahala so after doing html css and JavaScript person go still go pack shit grin grin grin

Maybe for the meantime, to make ends meet
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:49am On Jun 22, 2023
lastkingsman:

Maybe for the meantime, to make ends meet

I think you need to do it for 5 years to get PR.
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
worried222:

Thanks for your input bro,
I am thinking towards Finland 🇫🇮 Do you have any input regarding Finland?

What you said is also what I have been thinking, though they might not buy the idea of Finland because it’s relatively a small country and small economy compared to the uk.

Finland just updated their permanent residency laws. It's now 6 years to get PR and it's exclusive of schooling.

https://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/finland-news/politics/23756-finland-s-new-government-introduces-reforms-in-immigration-and-social-security-policies.html
Re: Alx Or Uk by tosinhtml: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Finland just updated their permanent residency laws. It's now 6 years to get PR and it's exclusive of schooling.

https://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/finland-news/politics/23756-finland-s-new-government-introduces-reforms-in-immigration-and-social-security-policies.html

Na wa oh, I didn't even know this. 6 years in that cold country, omo!
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2023
tosinhtml:

Na wa oh, I didn't even know this. 6 years in that cold country, omo!

Omho aside that you need to learn Finnish and have a job paying you at least 40k euros. They also reduced their refugee quota to 500 per year.
Re: Alx Or Uk by Deicide: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2023
What of Germany, Germany get good paying jobs for programmers?
tensazangetsu20:

Omho aside that you need to learn Finnish and have a job paying you at least 40k euros. They also reduced their refugee quota to 500 per year.
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2023
Deicide:
What of Germany, Germany get good paying jobs for programmers?

Yeah Germany is okay for now.
Re: Alx Or Uk by Deicide: 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
grin why you say for now, like say bad thing go happen later
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah Germany is okay for now.
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
Deicide:

Immigration is changing all over the world and getting so much harder. For student visa Germany takes one year for people in category b.
Re: Alx Or Uk by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 23, 2023
Deicide:

Go with Netherlands or Estonia

You go like am there more especially if you're into crypto

If you're poor af , go to Mexico ( there are a lot of tech companies there + they pay well for programmers+ things are cheap there .
Re: Alx Or Uk by worried222: 7:25am On Jun 23, 2023
Failure2019:

If you're poor af , go to Mexico ( there are a lot of tech companies there + they pay well for programmers+ things are cheap there .
Can you give a rough estimate for relocating to Netherlands or Estonia via study route?
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:44am On Jun 23, 2023
Failure2019:

The netherlands government is trying to prevent universities from admitting more foreign students due to their current housing crisis. They plan to remove all english taught programs as a way of doing that. Estonia has changed her immigration laws and more reform is on the way. Mexico is very okay if you can speak spanish. You can work in the US when you get the passport on a TN Visa. In mexico you can get PR after studying and a passport in 3 years on PR but all studies are in spanish. No english taught programs
Re: Alx Or Uk by lastkingsman: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Immigration is changing all over the world and getting so much harder. For student visa Germany takes one year for people in category b.

It's crazy. Australia too is fine tuning their PSW visa to favour STEM courses only. GTE has changed.

What's your take on Ivory Coast? I want to put it as my last option. Worst case scenario, I go there and dance makosa grin
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
lastkingsman:

It's crazy. Australia too is fine tuning their PSW visa to favour STEM courses only. GTE has changed.

What's your take on Ivory Coast? I want to put it as my last option. Worst case scenario, I go there and dance makosa grin

Lol I cant advise any African country for anyone except I don't like you.
Re: Alx Or Uk by homotayo11(m): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2023
Yes they admit foreign students as long as you can speak Finnish language.

I started learning Finnish language using Duolingo but I understand that won't get to a B2 level.

There's this company that offers to teach Finnish language for 6000€ but that seems much for language learning.

Bottom line is I'm confused.

tensazangetsu20:

Where would you learn Finnish In Nigeria to B2 level and how do you intend to proof proficiency. Also, do these vocational schools admit foreigners
Re: Alx Or Uk by ehikwe22: 8:34am On Jun 24, 2023
homotayo11:
Do you consider vocational school as a good route to migrate to Finland? I'm thinking of learning the language then, apply to vocational schools since their tution is free. Hopefully I get to switch from study visa to work visa after a year.

Learning Finnish? One only needs to be good in Finnish before being considered for admission? How good does one need to be in the language to be considered for admission or for one to be able to follow along with the lectures?

I'm not trying to discourage you but I've been learning Greek for two years and still struggling despite spending a lot of time in Cyprus. Though my Cypriots friends prefer to communicate in English but the months I've spent their should have contributed a lot in improving my language skills.
Re: Alx Or Uk by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2023
homotayo11:
Yes they admit foreign students as long as you can speak Finnish language.

I started learning Finnish language using Duolingo but I understand that won't get to a B2 level.

There's this company that offers to teach Finnish language for 6000€ but that seems much for language learning.

Bottom line is I'm confused.

I think you should check again. Finland has updated her immigration laws again last week and going through that route might not favor you o.
Re: Alx Or Uk by homotayo11(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Q: What is the new law for student visa in Finland?

A: The new law for student visa in Finland was proposed by the new government in June 2023. The law would make it more difficult for international students to stay in Finland after graduation.

Q: What are the key changes to the new law?

A: The key changes to the new law include:

Students would only be able to stay in Finland for one year

after graduation to look for a job.

The language proficiency requirement for permanent

residence would be increased. Students would be limited to working 25 hours per week while studying. Q: How would the new law affect international students?

A: The new law would make it more difficult for international students to stay in Finland after graduation. This could make it more difficult for students to find a job in Finland and settle into their new life in the country.

Q: What can international students do to learn more about the new law?

A: International students can contact their local immigration office or a lawyer to learn more about the new law. They can also contact their student union or university for support.

Q: What are the next steps for the new law?

A: The new law is still in the proposal stage. It is not yet clear whether the law will be passed by the Finnish parliament.

https://www.studypk.com/how-the-new-immigration-laws -in-finland-affect-international-students/
Re: Alx Or Uk by PedoBear: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
UK is not worth it

Front end dev is saturated , choose another tech stack for your own good

Forget UK, go with eastern asian or LATAM

Since I entered Bogota, I been getting multiple jobs alerts even the one I don't want
Php is highly paid here , if you're into PHP relocate to LATAM asap
Re: Alx Or Uk by Adonisty: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Omo, columbia of all places.
So which tech stack do you recommend aside Fronted
Re: Alx Or Uk by Deicide: 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wait o, what's up with this ALX that someone would even be considering this? Like WtF. How many successful people from ALX you know?
Re: Alx Or Uk by Adonisty: 9:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
PedoBear:
UK is not worth it

Front end dev is saturated , choose another tech stack for your own good

Forget UK, go with eastern asian or LATAM

Since I entered Bogota, I been getting multiple jobs alerts even the one I don't want
Php is highly paid here , if you're into PHP relocate to LATAM asap

which stack can one consider aside frontend?
Re: Alx Or Uk by PedoBear: 12:16am On Nov 25, 2023
Adonisty:

which stack can one consider aside frontend?

Customer/technical roles
Re: Alx Or Uk by Adonisty: 6:55am On Nov 25, 2023
PedoBear:

Customer/technical roles
technical roles like...IT support abi, most require a computer science degree.
Re: Alx Or Uk by PedoBear: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2023
Adonisty:

technical roles like...IT support abi, most require a computer science degree.

No but do a reasonable degree that has advantage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Java Virtual Machine Explained / Exception While Reading JSON Object In Java / Learn All Programming Courses Free On This Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.