Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,237 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention (17031 Views)

Zamfara Police Return Matawalle's Properties To Court / Former Osun Officials Return Government Vehicles After Adeleke’s Warning / APC Admits Oyetola, Others Took Away Official Vehicles After Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
The Zamfara Police Command on Saturday said it had returned all vehicles it seized from former governor of the state, Bello Matawalle.

The command’s Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Yazid Abubakar confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday via telephone conversation.

Abubakar said the vehicles were returned in compliance with the order of Federal High Court sitting in Gusau.

The court, presided by Justice Aminu Bappah-Aliyu had on June 15, ordered all security agencies that removed the vehicles from Matawalle’s houses in Gusau and Maradun, to return them within 48 hours.
NAN reports that security operatives removed the vehicles from the two houses on the order of the State government.

The court gave all parties involved in the invasion of the former governor’s houses 48 hours to comply with the order.

“Yes, the police command has complied with the court order as regards to returning of all vehicles belonging to the former governor, Bello Matawalle.

“We have returned all the vehicles to the premises of Federal High Court, Gusau, as I speak to you now, no single vehicle is in police custody
,”
Abubakar said.

The court also gave an order of interim injunction restraining the respondents in the suit filed by Matawalle from taking any further action in connection with the matter.
The respondents include the Inspector-General of Police, Nigeria Police Force and Commissioner of Police, Zamfara.

Others are the Department of State Services (DSS) and Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC).

The court further ordered the security agencies to stay away from all actions, pending the hearing and determination of the matter before it.

Suleiman Idris, spokesperson to Gov. Dauda Lawal of Zamfara, had earlier said more than 40 vehicles were recovered from the two houses of the former governor.

He also confirmed that the security agencies took the action on the directive of the state government.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/zamfara-police-returns-matawalles-vehicles-after-court-intervention/zktr9vc

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by muykem: 12:52am On Jun 19, 2023
Better. Two wrongs can't make a right. Nigerian is not a banana Republic and governor doesn't have rights to order such directive. There's a need for search warrant from court before such exercise can be carried out.

15 Likes

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by BitterTruth0001: 12:54am On Jun 19, 2023
We have returned all the vehicles to the premises of Federal High Court, Gusau, as I speak to you now, no single vehicle is in police custody,” Abubakar said.

Returned ? Or deposited at ?
When I saw the headline , I thought they meant the vehicles were returned to the ex-governor. Which was a shocking as there’s a pending order directed that the vehicles be domiciled in custody of the court .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:12am On Jun 19, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

We have returned all the vehicles to the premises of Federal High Court, Gusau, as I speak to you now, no single vehicle is in police custody,” Abubakar said.

When I saw the headline , I thought they meant the vehicles were returned to the ex-governor. Which was a shocking as there’s a pending order directed that the vehicles be domiciled in custody of the court .
For this country! Its as good as returned to oga, na
One by one, e go comot from court.

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:14am On Jun 19, 2023
@Mynd44 @nlfpmod
@FYNESTBOI pls help put in right section, thanks.
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by JohnBullMySon: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2023
muykem:
Better. Two wrongs can't make a right. Nigerian is not a banana Republic and governor doesn't have rights to order such directive. There's a need for search warrant from court before such exercise can be carried out.
it's just because Metawalle has political connections with APC.

All the ones Wike did, where were the courts?

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:28am On Jun 19, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
it's just because Metawalle has political connections with APC.

All the ones Wike did, where were the courts?
He is right. The new Governor goofed, its gat PROCEDURES, but fresh man took laws into his hand, forgotten his tenure go end one day too! Such government no dey do well, go ask Imo people what happened to Gov wey fight okorocha ? Use one leg drop for Edo ask them after Oshiomhole, the Governor wey run things grin

5 Likes

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by JohnBullMySon: 7:36am On Jun 19, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

He is right. The new Governor goofed, its gat PROCEDURES, but fresh man took laws into his hand, forgotten his tenure go end one day too! Such government no dey do well, go ask Imo people what happened to Gov wey fight okorocha ? Use one leg drop for Edo ask them after Oshiomhole, the Governor wey run things grin
Yes the governor goofed but let's not act as if Courts in Nigeria have been doing this sort of thing before.

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Yankiss(m): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2023
The state government didn't follow due process to nail this crook. They are supposed to obtain a valid court order before forcefully taking custody of the vehicles. A similar scenario happened in Imo state under Rochas. The overzealous recovery team broke into the premises of the then ousted Eze Imo, Eze Ilomuanya and carted away several jeeps. He sued for trespass and wrongful invasion. Rochas and the recovery team were fined N10m by the court for that singular act.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by AmadeGTG: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2023
Money Dey this Nigeria o and money Dey footballing contents In excess. Do you know that you can make money on YouTube by simply reuploading football videos? Let me teach you everything you need to know. I charge 1k naira for my services. See my bio for details.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by hakym619(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2023
cheesy

Toy gun 🔫 police ! grin
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Sacchi1162(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2023
So people still deh respect court sef? Why haven't they released MNK??

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Nackzy: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2023
Nigeria
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by fixitbyjal(m): 10:49am On Jun 19, 2023
I TRACK LOST or STOLEN phones
A TRIAL will convince you
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by TriCee: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2023
Lo, but so many cars for one man though

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Flets: 10:50am On Jun 19, 2023
No surprises... very predictable after he hailed Tinubu as best president. Corruption continues unabated under these criminals.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/06/17/tinubu-ll-be-best-president-nigeria-ever-had-says-matawalle-metrowatch/

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Weedhustler: 10:50am On Jun 19, 2023
The both are thieves...trust any of them at ur own risk!
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Omooyinbo: 10:50am On Jun 19, 2023
Omo money good ooo

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by PriNceNova(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Acekidc4(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2023
That's the Normal Thing to Do
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by skales67(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

He will go there to collect them
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by revived2: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2023
Cruise

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by TBforgive: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2023
The courts pays obeisances to politicians whom are super powers

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by denzel231: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2023
Lol 😂 kambiakwa people
Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Ireportlive: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2023
cool

Honestly you can't just steal people's property in the name of arrest

Most Northerners with large family have fleets of cars or bike

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2023
The court Is one of the problem of this country Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Police Returns Matawalle's Vehicles After Court Intervention by samuelevans(m): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2023
good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Hands Widows & Children Of Boko Haram To Borno State Government / TCN Announces Planned Power Outage In Lagos And Ogun State / Sule Lamido Tells Supporters To Support Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.