Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ayodeji Arojo Rewards Lasu's Best Graduating Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ayodeji Arojo Rewards Lasu's Best Graduating Student (244 Views)

Aminat Yusuf: LASU Best Student Takes Her Parents To Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Gives LASU's Best Bsc And Msc Students 5 Million Naira Each / Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ayodeji Arojo Rewards Lasu's Best Graduating Student by Victoreke55(m): 6:23am On Jun 19, 2023
For her academic excellence and doggedness, a Transportation and Safety expert based in the United States of America has rewarded Miss Aminat Yusuf with the sum of Five Hundred Thousand (N500,000) as the overall outstanding graduating student of Lagos State University(LASU).

The Nigerian-born philanthropist states, "My humble background fires my passion for lifting indigent and outstanding youths in their different endeavours. This is my unique way of telling God I am grateful and didn't forget where I started. I am giving back to individuals who can turn around things and others".

In a statement released on the university's official Twitter handle @LASUofficial, Aminat Yusuf, a graduating student in the Faculty of Law, was announced as the overall best student for the 2021/2022 academic year with a CGPA of 5.00, a feat said to be the first in the last 40 years of the state university.

Ayodeji's original gesture to Miss Aminat Yusuf was a full scholarship to the Nigerian Law School. But unknowingly, another good Nigerian was said to have taken up the law school needs as an endowment, hence, the need to monetize the reward. However, the initial N500,000 is the tip of the iceberg as more rewarding gestures have been put in place to support the dreams and aspirations of the LASU 26th convocation awardee.

"I am not a politician or holding any political office. I am only passionate about my country and its youths. I also want to give back the little I have to encourage others in the diaspora to emulate the same effort. With sincerity of purpose and dedication, little support like this will encourage other students to be focused and help nurture good talents," He said.

The Ekiti born said his humble intervention for the indigent and outstanding youths would not be a flash in the pan, as he is set to consolidate his efforts with the launch of "Project 50" in primary schools across the 774 local governments of Nigeria.

"Project 50" is a unique intervention targeted at public primary schools and pupils across Nigerian local governments. The pet project would provide school bags, notebooks, and other needed educational materials for the selected pupils.

Steven Anu' Adesemoye
Principal Partner

Ayodeji Arojo, Chief Operating Officer- Madison Metro Transit System, Wisconsin, United States of America

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Shatters Academic Record In USA / Confession! How I Forged JAMB Result -mmsoma Joy Ejikeme / Flutterwave Launches Tuition For Simplified Global Education Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.