Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week (22865 Views)

Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s Economic Track Records - Nairametrics / Buhari's Victory Sparks Fall In Bank Stocks, Unprecedented Since 2016 / Police Deploys 15,544 Policemen To Rivers State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by nairalanda1(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:
With the floating of the naira, watch how speculators and banks manipulate the finance sector. You will observe massive gains and massive losses in the stock market .... this has no impact on the common Nigerian, it is the same elites manipulating and moving around funds.

Investors know this game, influence the I/E market... exchange USD for high exchange rate and invest in the stock market. At the peak of stock pricing.. force a massive sale off and sell at lower naira rate and cash out your USD. Tinubu has opened the financial market to the jackals and that is what IMF and world bank wants

Don't believe me, Just observe

Just curious, what then should the government have done, in your opinion.?

I have my doubts too about the new ideas, but with the way we lost out from round tripping under the old regime, I'll like to wait and see how things turn out.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Exceed15: 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
How does it solves the hardship Nigerians are going through now? We are not fools to be carried away by just sweet talks.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by nairalanda1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
LAXconfidential:
All these things have no bearing on the common man! There was a 7.5 increase in fuel and diesel VAT yesterday but nairaland didn't talk about it.

Today there is a 40% increase in electricity tariff set to take off from July 1st but Nairaland has refused to talk about it.

These terrible things are happening yet Seun and his mods prefer to whitewash Tinubu with different sorts of propaganda news of how he's the best thing since jollof rice. Make una dey play. Time will come when all these atrocities can no longer be swept under the carpet.

On the other hand, our fiscal situation is so bad that a 7.5% tax, hard as it is is common sense

Or we borrow more.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by obayendo1010(m): 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
fixitbyjal:
grin

Many people want jagaban to fail
Because they didn't vote for him
Baba Yuu will not fail in governance
Amen

I TRACK LOST or STOLEN phones
A trial Will definitely convince you
Lets do business, email
obayendo.progress@yahoo.com
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by henrimoto(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This is excellent.
... Over excellent!
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by hollywater: 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
Dapson73:
Jagaban is making positive waves. kudos to Mr President.
Keep joking with your Children or unborn children future. All i care is that nobody in Nigeria airport should stop me and beg me for money.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
While naigerians are still hungry and suffering. grin grin how does this help my is 96 years old grand naigerian mother?
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Exceed15:
How does it solves the hardship Nigerians are going through now? We are not fools to be carried away by just sweet talks.
abeg helep me ask ooo! undecided

1 Like

Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Dapson73(m): 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
hollywater:
Keep joking with your Children or unborn children future. All i care is that nobody in Nigeria airport should stop me and beg me for money.

Who dash monkey visa grin
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Dapson73(m): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
StoneLucifer:

Nonsense...only morons who are short sighted will click "like". undecided

You are even a disgrace to Nigeria.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Etfash(m): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Keep dishing your propaganda with your empty stomach cheesy grin cheesy grin

Do you have banking stocks?

I have Zenith and gained some good digits in paper profit in the period.

While it may be too early to judge the administration, we must not be too quick to condemn positive news coming from it.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Etfash:

Do you have banking stocks?

I have Zenith and gained some good digits in paper profit in the period.

While it may be too early to judge the administration, we must not be too quick to condemn positive news coming from it.
Ok. Good to hear. I am replying you because you admit it is too early to judge this administration. Agbado guys thinks otherwise.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Flets: 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

Just curious, what then should the government have done, in your opinion.?

I have my doubts too about the new ideas, but with the way we lost out from round tripping under the old regime, I'll like to wait and see how things turn out.

All FG needed to do was remove all FX restrictions without floating the naira. All those Emefiele's restriction should have been jettisoned. Allow people pay and withdraw cash USD across the counter. Eliminate the dichotomy between inflow and cash. There are lots of USD cash not in circulation due to these restriction.

Then devalue the naira to around 500 naira to a dollar and let CBN continue to fund the banks and manage the rates. Just stop selling FX to special people at different rates. Anybody sourcing FX from CBN should buy at the common rate but CBN must stay in charge.

Before we forget, the margin between official rate and black market prior to Buhari was always less than 10 naira. Buhari's restriction and preferential rates drove the margin.The focus for now should be to reduce the margin and not necessarily fling (float) the exchange rate open to manipulators and speculators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by FYsol: 4:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
Useless Obi supporters. You love to hear bad news about Nigeria. Keep waiting, God will never give you the pleasure

SpecialAdviser:
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by okrikaboi: 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
Trust the media now at your own peril. A president with high investment in news media is dishing out propaganda. So much good news flooding the internet about the economy yet beggars don increase.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Ttipsy(f): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

😆 😆

Ignoramus
you are more ignorant here because those figures has zero impact on you as a Nigerian

Enough of all this theories
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Reelz: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
what are these banks really investing in.. can't they make it as open as possible so outsiders can benefit as well..
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Cromagnon: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
he is full. You're the one complaining
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Cromagnon: 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
slimfit1:
The people of the place up of the geographical location just came to SABOTAGE the economy. Even an slowpoke can tell you that was not a way to run a government. The last president make Tinubu look like a genius. This location want to rule at all cost but don't know what to do when they get there. Is it going to be 4 or 8 years of economic development and another 4-8 years of economic crash. We need to know now, because its not sustainable.
wtf are you saying
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by sunkieisland(m): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
The indices for measuring economic growth are usually drawn in quarters, bi-annually or annually.

Giving a 2-week stats, as encouraging as it sounds, is not proof of economic transformation. If the information is true, it only symbolizes that we might be on the path to economic turnaround.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Bbbwings: 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Paper profit
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by viodemus: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
I want to say good job, but he hasn't done an honest work yet.

Suppressing the market is a short term solution. The people are suffering even more than 2 months ago.

I give credit where credit is due. I don't like a very corrupt official or person, but if that person is passionate for a solution, and decides to change their self for the better, and is looking for general non discriminatory growth, it will be easy to see that and acknowledge.

At this point, Nigeria has a deceitful person, who is after personal praises, he is very sensitive to criticism because he is lazy to the real work, but he is confused as ever on a long term solution. Him and many of his associates are about setting up their own, family, and great grand family accounts and that's it. So, they look for short term suppression glory and deceit.

If you never went out to buy something, you will still have the money, you were supposed to use and buy that thing. But who is hunger catching? Suppressing the reality and running around claiming glory is deceitful. In future, when you have put in the right strategies in places, equal non tribal economic agenda, etc then you can really start enjoying your hardwork, but for now, stop that deceit. Nigerians need an honest help and direction.

Some people in this country, will also stand with great countries like the USA, UK, Israel
etc So any evil plan and fraud activities fashioned against them, shall be exposed. Saudi Arabia shall not have monopoly in Nigeria via islamics.
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by francotunsco: 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
Driggs:
There's nothing Tinubu media has not used to gaslight us:

Banks stocks gain, foreign reserve increase, forex increase and many more but guess what, it's been difficult for citizens to feed..

Over 100 million people are just pushing with no hope in sight..

You people keep gaslighting the public ooo but there's a way you will push a hungry man to, he will turn back and feed on you.

The sacrifices you asked the citizens to make that you are not making yourself..

Keep at it eyin ijoba

Oga, you wouldn't expect the prices of tomatoes and onions to begin to drop just immediately in the market. Simple economics teaches that economic policies will take time before the effects will be felt. For example, the investment appetite from foreign investors which has just be salivated will take time before it will metamorphose into companies and begin to create employment and produce cheap commodities and even reduce import and encourage export. All these will take some time to materialize. What is needed now is a positive signal for change by the FG which has already been ignited.

Even your magician Peter Obi will not just bring down America into Nigeria in just one month!
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by slimfit1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Cromagnon:
wtf are you saying

French
Re: TINUBUNOMICS: Bank Stocks Gain ₦‎544.807 Billion In A Week by Cromagnon: 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
slimfit1:

French
no wonder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Almakura Gives Car & Money To Physically Challenged Lady Without Legs / 2019: Sagay Speaks On Osinbajo Coming Back As Buhari’s Running Mate / Presidency Reassures Workers On New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.