Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,552 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (13381 Views)

Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
you mean the converse, not reverse I am sure,
no. dont feed me cos i can eat myself. I stand by my words that the reverse is the case on NL

Well, I really doubt this, I can show you many examples of what I am saying, In fact I have at least one very offended Christian in the post "Atheism Is A Religion "right now,
This is a very non objective, biased and myopic view regarding this subject. obviously u just joined Nl and u know very little about what goes on here. u joined a thread and then chose to pick on the theist for the atheist. The reverse is the case. I think the atheists here finds it too difficult to comprehend that the theist will continue to believe in God till eternity no matter what anyone says, hence they get agitated and decide to use vulgar languages on the theists. At least the evangelical atheist Dawkins tittled a book God delusion. what do u think delusion means and who do u think hes fighting against according to the contents of the book? have u read some of his comments about Christians? please try to be objective by jumping on your system to type a post.
have you watched the video ?
which video?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2011
reverse, by reverse you mean reversing the order of the words? or each letter one by one? You meant switching the subject with the object( converse). anyway, I get what you mean, let's not get so hang up with English.

Check the video in the first post.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
zataxs:

reverse, by reverse you mean reversing the order of the words? or each letter one by one? You meant switching the subject with the object( converse). anyway, I get what you mean, let's not get so hang up with English.
story. kind address the points i've raised in my post that ur conclusion is biased as regard the thread u chose as a reference to back up assertion

Check the video in the first post.

How does the video affect NL religion forum?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2011
About the English, I said it is okay, I know what you meant when you said "reverse" so let's move on.

If you watch it you will know. It is explains what I am saying very well, that's why I referenced it.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 04, 2011
zataxs:

About the English, I said it is okay, I know what you meant when you said "reverse" so let's move on.

If you watch it you will know. It is explains what I am saying very well, that's why I referenced it.

Nonsense as usual from an atheist.

U are lying. U made an allegation that a christian got offended on a thread titled atheism is a religion. What im simply telling u is to prove to me that it was the theist that actually got offended first and not the atheist.

Stop running as most atheist here does. Back up ur claim Mr man
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Shewen1(f): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2011
And without faith it is impossible to please God,because anyone who comes to Him must believe that he exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him (Heb 11: 6). God is very real to those who believe in Him but everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion about God. It is the duty of all christian to live in peace with all men this is the only way they can see the light of your father in heaven in you. So no name-calling and no violence of any form, be tolerant.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by hauwabd(f): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2011
mazaje:

What is this useless terrorist saying?. . . .If all your religion teaches you is how to fight war and become a warrior then that's your business. . .I have never called myself a warrior and I am not in a war with any one, but since all what Islam teaches you is war you automatically assume that every body reasons or sees things the way you do, you see things in only one dimension that is the narrow dimension of friend or foe. . . .Its not every body that reasons like a terrorist the way you do. . . .You keep embarrassing and exposing your self as a useless terrorist when ever you type. . . .Knock it off and take a rest. . . .Useless terrorist. . . .

@ Mazaje, useless terrorist? Is there ever a useful terrorist then?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2011
if an atheist screams God when he or she is in danger. it does not mean god exists. it actually means nothing.

Then why screaming "God" when you are scared ?

What is the meaning of atheist ?

The world renowned atheist/scientist even succumbed last year that their is "G.O.D." because science has never explained 70% of life.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2011
@hauwabd useless, in this context means toothless/ineffective/hopeless, barks but does not bite.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 04, 2011
islamrules:

Then why screaming "God" when you are scared ?

What is the meaning of atheist ?

The world renowned atheist/scientist even succumbed last year that their is "G.O.D." because science has never explained 70% of life.

Is God a scientific word? Does the word God have a scientific definition? Any scientist that tries to use science to dispel the existence of God may be called a Mumu. No offense
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 10:07am On Oct 04, 2011
@islamrules screaming God does not manufacture God, anyone can scream whatever they like. Screaming is not a requirement for something to exist.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 10:09am On Oct 04, 2011
@toba
God like anyone word is not beyond definition.
Any word that cannot defined is not a words, but gibberish.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Texther(m): 10:11am On Oct 04, 2011
waste of TIME & TALENT
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 04, 2011
zataxs:

@toba
God like anyone word is not beyond definition.
Any word that cannot defined is not a words,  but gibberish.

I think u need help of which i may not be able to render. Here are the question i asked

Is God a scientific word?

Does the word God have a scientific definition?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2011
@islamrules screaming God does not manufacture God,  anyone can scream whatever they like. Screaming is not a requirement for something to exist.

Then why the world God ?

You have not answered my question.

During Cold war, a Russian president who claimed to be an atheist "Oh God" when he saw one of Russian war plane shut down by Britain on monitor.

The world God is an invention of religion minded people. And you people claimed he does not exist.

I am confused!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Texther(m): 10:15am On Oct 04, 2011
toba:

Nonsense as usual from an atheist.

U are lying. U made an allegation that a christian  got offended on a thread titled atheism is a religion. What im simply telling u is to prove to me that it was the theist that actually got offended first and not the atheist.

Stop running as most atheist here does. Back up your claim Mr man
some pple don dey take am personal here ooo, una don mean urself before?
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2011
Texther:

some pple don dey take am personal here ooo, una don mean urself before?
i think u are new to Nl and really dont know me. im one of the least people that takes things here to serious.

I have long considered Nairaland as a Dramaland. Go to Romance section and see what i mean.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 04, 2011
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by emmatok(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2011
@zataxs

You created a tread "Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists".

But you and Atheists friends end up offending Christians/Muslims through your insults.

I personnel don't have any problem with any body(Atheists,Christians,Muslims e.t.c) if he is not a criminal and can reason logically.

But an Atheists don't have any business in Religious matters.

Peace my friend.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by brainpulse: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2011
IT IS VERY HEALTHY IF AN ATHEIST BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD. AND IT IS UNDERSTANDING IF THEY TEND TO WANT TO USE THE COMPREHENSION OF HUMAN UNDERSTANDING TO REVEAL THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE. WHILE WE DO NOT SEE GOD, BUT THAT DOESN'T PROVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD. NOBODY HAS SEEN THE WIND BEFORE BUT WE FEEL IT. NOBODY HAS SEEN DEATH BEFORE BUT WE BELIEVE THAT THERE IS DEATH AND IT WILL COME TO MAN ONE DAY. IF WE CAN NOT PROVE SOMETHINGS THROUGH OUR 6 SENSES THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST. IT ONLY MAKES A FOOL OF OURSELVES WHEN WE BELIEVE THAT SOMETHINGS DONT EXIST AND DISCOVERIES LATER FINDS OUT SUCH A THING EXIST.
GOD ONLY REVEALS HIMSELVES TO THOSE THAT EARNESTLY SEEK HIM IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT ( PALS DONT LET US ARGUE AGAIN ON THE EXISTENCE OF SPIRIT). AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIS EXISTENCE CAN ONLY COME TO A MAN BY FAITH. AND WHEN HIS REVELATION COMES YOU BEGIN TO FEEL HIM AND KNOW HIM BETTER. YOU CAN NEVER NEVER COME TO THE REALITY OF HIS EXISTENCE MY HUMAN KNOWLEDGE. AND NO MATTER HOW YOU DO NT BELIEVE HIS EXISTENCE IT CAN NEVER REMOVE ANYTHING FROM HIM. FINE YOU CAN HAVE EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD AND STILL DON'T BELIEVE HE EXIST, IT STILL HAS NOT PROVEN ANY FACT THAT HE DOES NT EXIST.
NOTE. YOU CAN NEVER PROVE THAT GOD EXIST IN THE LAB, IN THE WORK SHOP, IN A REACTOR ETC ( THAT IS THE PROBLEM OF EV RY ATHEIST), THEY WANT A SCIENTIFIC PROVE AND GOD IS NOT A LAB MOUSE TO CONDUCT EXPERIMENT ON. TO SO MANY MILLIONS OUT THERE THAT HAS EXPERIENCE GOD, YOU CANT JUST TELL THEM THAT HE DOESNT EXIST JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT COME TO THE REALITY OF IT. I BELEIVE THERE IS NO AEITHEIST JUST A GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT WILLING AND PATIENT TO EXPERIENCE THE AWSOMENESS AND THE BEAUTY OF HIS EXISTENCE.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by islamrules(m): 11:23am On Oct 04, 2011
@brainpulse, you are a knowledgeable fellow.

Keep it up! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2011
@emmatok
I would like to see examples of where insults where hurtled from atheists to christians,
I think there are people calling others mumus here, I really doubt any non-god fearing atheist would do this.
If so, please e.g. example and they will be addressed
I believe all atheists are with me here when we say we want dialogue without abuses and threats.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Sike(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2011
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by agog: 11:38am On Oct 04, 2011
@op,
If Antony Flew who was a strong advocate of atheism, who had argued that one should presuppose atheism until empirical evidence of a God surfaces and who also criticised the idea of life after death, the free will defence to the problem of evil, and the meaningfulness of the concept of God could change his mind in 2004 that there is God, then you are doomed to still hold on to Atheism. Flew, stating that in keeping his lifelong commitment to go where the evidence leads, he now believes in God and later wrote the book There is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind, with contributions from Roy Abraham Varghese.
OP, sure there is GOD.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by sexywulfx: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2011
my days WHY NOT! dos useless rotten palmwine, HEADS! just be insulting and also because they don't believe in GOD they're racist on top of it!
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by emmatok(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2011
zataxs:

@emmatok
I would like to see examples of where insults where hurtled from atheists to christians,
I think there are people calling others mumus here,  I really doubt any non-god fearing atheist would do this.
If so,  please e.g. example and they will be addressed
I believe all atheists are with me here when we say we want dialogue without abuses and threats.

Didn't you post this.

zataxs:

[img]http://floroy1942.files./2010/02/behead-those-who-say-islam-is-violent.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 11:44am On Oct 04, 2011
@brainpulse

There is really no reason to shout at all.

IT IS VERY HEALTHY IF AN ATHEIST BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD. AND IT IS UNDERSTANDING IF THEY TEND TO WANT TO USE THE COMPREHENSION OF HUMAN UNDERSTANDING TO REVEAL THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE.
<<
No atheist in his right mind is trying to use human understanding to reveal the knowledge of God. This is of course impossible like you state.
Mostly because there is no God in the first place.

>>

WHILE WE DO NOT SEE GOD, BUT THAT DOESN'T PROVE THAT THERE IS NO GOD. NOBODY HAS SEEN THE WIND BEFORE BUT WE FEEL IT. NOBODY HAS SEEN DEATH BEFORE BUT WE BELIEVE THAT THERE IS DEATH AND IT WILL COME TO MAN ONE DAY. IF WE CAN NOT PROVE SOMETHINGS THROUGH OUR 6 SENSES THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST. IT ONLY MAKES A FOOL OF OURSELVES WHEN WE BELIEVE THAT SOMETHINGS DONT EXIST AND DISCOVERIES LATER FINDS OUT SUCH A THING EXIST.
<<
Feeling something does not constitute its existence. The feeling is real. I don't doubt. But the object in question may or may not exist. feeling is not an attribute of something that exists.
I feel that it will rain today, it may not rain, it many rain, it does little to prove because you felt it rained. Get my drift?
People see/feel sometimes what is not real,

E.g. maybe people may feel that someone else hates them or even loves them, either a gut feeling or by trying to interrupt the others reactions/actions. but they could be wrong right?

>>

GOD ONLY REVEALS HIMSELVES TO THOSE THAT EARNESTLY SEEK HIM IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT ( PALS DONT LET US ARGUE AGAIN ON THE EXISTENCE OF SPIRIT). AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIS EXISTENCE CAN ONLY COME TO A MAN BY FAITH. AND WHEN HIS REVELATION COMES YOU BEGIN TO FEEL HIM AND KNOW HIM BETTER. YOU CAN NEVER NEVER COME TO THE REALITY OF HIS EXISTENCE MY HUMAN KNOWLEDGE. AND NO MATTER HOW YOU DO NT BELIEVE HIS EXISTENCE IT CAN NEVER REMOVE ANYTHING FROM HIM. FINE YOU CAN HAVE EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD AND STILL DON'T BELIEVE HE EXIST, IT STILL HAS NOT PROVEN ANY FACT THAT HE DOES NT EXIST.

<<
Before the White man came to Nigeria amadioha was "real",  and people felt his power. They had visions that actually materialized into fact( few admit where they failed though and made the wrong predictions) , now christianity is no exception. Do you think your experience is more authentic than an Islamic one or Buddhists one? how about baptist vs catholic?
>>

NOTE. YOU CAN NEVER PROVE THAT GOD EXIST IN THE LAB, IN THE WORK SHOP, IN A REACTOR ETC ( THAT IS THE PROBLEM OF EV RY ATHEIST), THEY WANT A SCIENTIFIC PROVE AND GOD IS NOT A LAB MOUSE TO CONDUCT EXPERIMENT ON. TO SO MANY MILLIONS OUT THERE THAT HAS EXPERIENCE GOD, YOU CANT JUST TELL THEM THAT HE DOESNT EXIST JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT COME TO THE REALITY OF IT. I BELEIVE THERE IS NO AEITHEIST JUST A GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT WILLING AND PATIENT TO EXPERIENCE THE AWSOMENESS AND THE BEAUTY OF HIS EXISTENCE.

<< no one intends to prove the existence of God in a lab and no one is attempting to.
no the game of numbers , many millions experience Buddha or Krishna so does he exist? why such a myopic world view, do you think it is only Jesus that people still believe in right now?
contrary to what you say, atheists are extremely patient, that's why most notable scientists who discover medicines and invent machines that we both enjoy are atheists
>>
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Enigma(m): 11:45am On Oct 04, 2011
agog:

@op,
If Antony Flew who was a strong advocate of atheism, who had argued that one should presuppose atheism until empirical evidence of a God surfaces and who also criticised the idea of life after death, the free will defence to the problem of evil, and the meaningfulness of the concept of God could change his mind in 2004 that there is God, then you are doomed to still hold on to Atheism. Flew, stating that in keeping his lifelong commitment to go where the evidence leads, he now believes in God and later wrote the book There is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind, with contributions from Roy Abraham Varghese.
OP, sure there is GOD.

Thank you! And remember that many of these our neophyte/sciolist evangelical atheists are still repeatedly parroting arguments used by Antony Flew ---- some of which Flew himself later described as obsolete.

Talke another one of their stock arguments: "only the theist has a burden of proof regarding the existence of God."

Well, it was Flew's argument and, guess what? Flew later rejected the same very argument and said that the evangelical atheists similarly have a burden of proof regarding their own insistence that there is no God!

cool
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2011
@emmatok where is the insult there? that is a muslim carrying a banner. and he is not the only one, there are were many similar banners in the same gathering and many gathering like this are all over the internet.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by zataxs: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2011
@Enigma Like you must have been told many times,  scientists /philosophers cannot reverse the validity of their work by their actions or what they say later. We judge the work not the person. The works stands on its own. It is a lot more logical/mechanical/emotionless way of looking at things.
Re: Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2011
zataxs:

@emmatok
I think there are people calling others mumus here, I really doubt any non-god fearing atheist would do this.
If so, please e.g. example and they will be addressed

U are still biased. Let me give u a link to read

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-758083.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi / Can You Receive The Holy Spirit Without Speaking In Tongues? / Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.