Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (10683 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 17, 2013
One question that has entered my mind very often is why are so many Christians falling for false doctrine in today’s church? Many times I have sat in churches listening to distorted messages coming from the pulpit and have never returned. However, what I found more disturbing was watching Christians blindly following false doctrines and being easily deceived by people claiming to be servants of God.

Everywhere you look, the Word of God is being continually distorted and false teachings have infiltrated our churches so much that it has divided the body of Christ. Many Christians that have fallen for the lies and were misled are leaving the church confused, discouraged, and betrayed not knowing who or what to believe anymore.

Why are people falling for these false teachings? Because they are not reading or understanding their Bibles! When it comes to knowing our Bible, not many know what is in the Bible or have a clear understanding of what it is saying. One reason may be because there are too many interpretations and arguments about what the Word of God says. Another reason may be that we put too much trust on who is delivering the message without reading it for ourselves.

I do not mean reading it here and there and when you do not understand a passage, you move on instead of meditating on the Word and allowing the Holy Spirit to be your teacher. I mean reading the Bible from cover to cover and understand what it says.

We rely on our pastors and spiritual leaders to “feed” us the Word, and trust them blindly to do so but in reality, many have a different agenda and God is not in it, so people are being deceived. That is why it is important to read and study the Holy Scriptures, to understand the Word of God and keep it stored in your heart so that you would not be deceived. You will then be able to discern if what is coming out their mouths is in alignment with God’s Word, if it is not, then it is false teaching. Do not just rely on what your spiritual leaders or anyone (including myself) is telling you, read it for yourselves.

In talking to people here and there, I realize that many people are in the same position; they have not read their Bibles cover to cover. Some have been born again Christians for many years yet they have not read their Bibles entirely. If you do not read the Word of God you will not know God. You will also lack the knowledge of the Word and become vulnerable to the lies being preached today. But most importantly you will lack the close relationship with Him that He so greatly desires.

How do you develop a close relationship with God? You develop a close relationship with God as you would with your husband, wife, child, mother, father, brother, sister or any loved one. You develop a bond with them, talk to them every day, confide in them, trust in them, are loyal to them, take comfort in them, and learn their nature. In the same way you bond with God and you will know His nature and will for mankind.

I remember being in that same position a while back. I did not read the Bible in context; I read the Bible in verses and was lead by the mood I was in. If I felt rejected and lonely, I would search the Psalms. If I felt that I needed wisdom or guidance, I would read Proverbs and so forth. You can say that I’ve read the Bible by verse like many people. I would pick a few favorite verses to help me through whatever I was going through and memorized them, and then would recite them whenever I felt I needed them. If you’d ask me specific questions about the Bible, sometimes I could not quite answer them because I had not read the Bible in its entirety.

Now I know what is in the Bible, mind you I still have to go back and re-look for certain answers only because the human mind can only store so much information. But now that I know what is in the Bible and understand it, I know for certain when something I’m hearing is not from God. Even if my memory fails, my spirit knows.

So what happens when you do not know the Word of God? As I said earlier, you become easily deceived. Since the majority of Christians trust and love their spiritual leaders many become “indoctrinated” and follow blindly without questioning the validity of their teachings. We must be like the Bereans who searched the scriptures daily for the truth (Acts 17:11).

Many Christians assume because their spiritual leaders went to Bible College, have a theology degree, and are ordained they are delivering the truth when in fact many are not. Christians are lacking discernment and do not test the spirits as the Word of God tells us to do (1 John 4:1-3) because a false teacher will never teach them to search for the truth for themselves.

Earlier in my walk with Christ, I also fell for many of the lies being taught today. However, as I began to question what I was hearing from my spiritual leaders and poured myself into the scriptures, I became painfully aware that I was being deceived. I remember asking myself, “Why would so many people fall for the false teachings of some of these spiritual leaders (me included), and why are there so many of these false teachers in our churches today going undetected?”

In search for this answer, I came across a very interesting article where the writer describes the similarity between poison, lies and false teachers. The writer, which I cannot recall the name or the website, used the following analogy. He describes that in the movies, in order to poison someone, the killer would not give the victim poison straight out, that would be too obvious and easily detected by the investigating authorities. Instead, the killer would introduce a bit of the poison with a good tasting drink like juice, that way it went undetected by the victim and was un-traceable.

In the same way, lies are introduced into the church. To introduce false teachings straight out into the message would be too obvious. The false teacher would instead mix a bit of the lies together with the truth of God’s words to make it un-detectable. They already have your love and trust, the rest is easy.

I thought back trying to remember when I first began to realize I was being deceived and it began when I felt it in my spirit that something was very wrong… it is called discernment, as I mentioned earlier. If we have the Holy Spirit in us, who is our teacher and our guide, we also have this gift. Merriam-Webster describes discernment as “a power to see what is not evident to the average mind.” That’s when I made the decision to open my Bible, not just to read by verses but in context, to learn it, to understand it, and to study it.

As the Lord lifted the veil from my eyes that was blinding me, I remember feeling angry and frustrated because many of the wrong things being taught became very clear. In horror I realized that God’s sheep were being led astray and straight to eternal destruction if they did not turn themselves around; destruction is not just for the unsaved but for anyone who rejects the truth.

There’s no excuse for this lack of knowledge. It is not like we did not know, Jesus warned us about this in Luke 21:8.

[url=https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Why+are+so+many+Christians+falling+for+false+teachings+in+today%E2%80%99s+churches%3F&oq=Why+are+so+many+Christians+falling+for+false+teachings+in+today%E2%80%99s+churches%3F&aqs=chrome.0.57j60l2.491&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8]Source[/url]
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Zikkyy(m): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2013
^^^ don't know why you are asking us, when the article you posted already answered your question angry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by PastorKun(m): 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
He that has ears let him hear.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Zikkyy: ^^^ don't know why you are asking us, when the article you posted already answered your question angry

the irony smiley

title modified to reflect your correction .
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
The reasons why Christians are falling for false teachings and doctrines and putting up with it are

because Christians over the years have been preconditioned and set up by the status quo and establishment to fall for the false teachings and doctrines

Moreover, since most Christians, don't know any better and are none the wiser, they will believe whatever debasement(s) are flung at them, hook, line and sinker

The journey at this side of eternity, unfortunately for Christians, does not stop with only reading the bible.

but also to read beyond these errant bible translations (i.e. all in varying degrees have strayed from the proper or real meanings of some word(s) in the original Hebrew and Greek texts/scripture)

and to study beyond these errant bible translations to show oneself approved unto God.

Not nice unwelcome or harmful things happen when Christians practice or repeat teachings and doctrines without properly or exhaustively analysing or comprehending them.

Christians need to be considering wordings, teachings and doctrines in details

and to understand these wordings, teachings, doctrines etc instead of lapping up regurgitates and lies without questioning anything

If a teaching or doctrine sounds too good to be true, it means it's more than likely a lie.

Mindful example will be ""You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman." Gen 3:4 NIV

Christians should not base their understanding principally on the Bible alone, because ALL the translations are errant as hinted earlier on above.

Christians should be carrying out investigations on words, texts etc and referencing them from whichever bible they are using, with the original Hebrew/Greek texts

It is ONLY the original Hebrew/Greek texts that are inerrant and not KJV and the other translated Bible(s)

Christians reading the bible by itself, only, without cross checking words, texts etc with the original Hebrew/Greek texts can be and will be damned by the bible.

This is the silver bullet and way forward, of course in-conjunction with the Spirit of Truth, for such a complicated problem as this

# Side-lining the bible translations (i.e. KJV et al) what does the wordings "eternal punishment" Matthew 25:46 really mean from the original Greek text's perspective

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Goshen360(m): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
moredendisc: The reasons why Christians are falling for false teachings and doctrines and putting up with it are

because Christians over the years have been preconditioned and set up by the status quo and establishment to fall for the false teachings and doctrines

Moreover, since most Christians, don't know any better and are none the wiser, they will believe whatever debasement(s) are flung at them, hook, line and sinker

The journey at this side of eternity, unfortunately for Christians, does not stop with only reading the bible.

but also to read beyond these errant bible translations (i.e. all in varying degrees have strayed from the proper or real meanings of some word(s) in the original Hebrew and Greek texts/scripture)

and to study beyond these errant bible translations to show oneself approved unto God.

Not nice unwelcome or harmful things happen when Christians practice or repeat teachings and doctrines without properly or exhaustively analysing or comprehending them.

and to understand these wordings, teachings, doctrines etc instead of lapping up regurgitates and lies without questioning anything

If a teaching or doctrine sounds too good to be true, it means it's more than likely a lie.

Mindful example will be ""You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman." Gen 3:4 NIV

Christians should not base their understanding principally on the Bible alone, because ALL the translations are errant as hinted earlier on above.

Christians should be carrying out investigations on words, texts etc and referencing them from whichever bible they are using, with the original Hebrew/Greek texts

It is ONLY the original Hebrew/Greek texts that are inerrant and not KJV and the other translated Bible(s)

Christians reading the bible by itself, only, without cross checking words, texts etc with the original Hebrew/Greek texts can be and will be damned by the bible.

This is the silver bullet and way forward, of course in-conjunction with the Spirit of Truth, for such a complicated problem as this

# Side-lining the bible translations (i.e. KJV et al) what does the wordings "eternal punishment" Matthew 25:46 really mean from the original Greek text's perspective

I'm Goshen360 and I ENDORSE this message! +1,000,000,000 likes
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by wordthots: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
moredendisc: The reasons why Christians are falling for false teachings and doctrines and putting up with it are

#on point
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Image123(m): 12:23am On Jan 18, 2013
all armchair critics of Bible translations are advised and requested to do their own translations make we see, or keep shut.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:

all armchair critics of Bible translations are advised and requested to do their own translations make we see, or keep shut.

@Image123

Image123, my dear bro, the "having or burying ones head in the sand" stance na wa ooo.

" . . . make we see, or keep shut" is an ostrich-person refusing to face reality, the truth or accept facts.

Avoiding hearing the truth, especially when ignoring the truth, potentially could be dangerous, is not healthy

The word of God in its original Hebrew or Greek texts is unique (i.e. it is impossible to have an absolute translation)

The reality is that the bible is not exempted from error

because the various bible translations were done based on the widespread theology at the particular translating time or also based on individual religious beliefs and theory

so the need to speak, plead, or argue in favor of [size=20pt]using resources like lexicon, concordances[/size] etc etc of course in-conjunction with the Spirit of Truth

to cross check the accuracies and genuineness of translated words, texts etc of each or whichever bible version used

and confirming whether or not the Hebrew or Greek sentiments, intents etc were carried through.

Every Christians should be putting bibles through sieves

This will separate false teachings and doctrines
(e.g. like the introduction of phantom words like hell for Sheol and Hades, among a lot more others into the bible)

# There are a lot more than the eyes see
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Zikkyy(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2013
Image123:

I agree with you on this one smiley not completely sha, but i agree. It's not possible for everybody to learn greek just because we don't trust the versions in circulation. i can just imagine the 75 years old convert in my village (that can't even read or write in English or any language) attempting to translate from the original greek manuscript grin some people must rely on others and trust that the information being shared is accurate.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by oiseworld: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2013
Goshen360:

I'm Goshen360 and I ENDORSE this message! +1,000,000,000 likes

Soo how are we suppose to check for greek/hebrew meaning of these passages when we don't understand these languages.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2013
Image123: all armchair critics of Bible translations are advised and requested to do their own translations make we see, or keep shut.

KJV cult member , you need a rethink of your false teachings.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2013
I would not go down the route of insisting that all Christians use Greek or Hebrew dictionaries, for one, not all of us have access to these materials and the majority of believers only have a copy of the bible.

What we need is teachers in the body of Christ who can rightly divide the word of truth .

One thing is clear though , the days of false teachers and their gullible members are over, their false doctrines and teachings will be exposed for the heresy that they are.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel: I would not go down the route of insisting that all Christians use Greek or Hebrew dictionaries, for one, not all of us have access to these materials and the majority of believers only have a copy of the bible.

What we need is teachers in the body of Christ who can rightly divide the word of truth .

One thing is clear though , the days of false teachers and their gullible members are over, their false doctrines and teachings will be exposed for the heresy that they are.

I have been doing quite a lot of research last year (interrupted by other inane stuff). I have come to realize that across the various Bible Translations/Versions, Scriptural Doctrine that spoke against a practice, has been distorted by translation such that in the more recent versions the same Scripture now supports such practices. imagine the consequence.. if it was not okay to be Gay in the past translations the New Scripture makes it rationally acceptable. the Bible is being changed, slowly but surely
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 9:29am On Jan 18, 2013
Zikkyy:

I agree with you on this one smiley not completely sha, but i agree.

It's not possible for everybody to learn greek just because we don't trust the versions in circulation.

i can just imagine the 75 years old convert in my village (that can't even read or write in English or any language) attempting to translate from the original greek manuscript grin

some people must rely on others and trust that the information being shared is accurate.

@Zikkyy

It wasn't a go learn Greek advocacy . . .

Aren't people already relying and trusting the information being shared by

the Oyakhilomes, Oyedepos, Ashimolowos, Adeboyes, TB Joshuas, Oritsejafors, Bakares, Adeboyes, Olukoyas, Okogies, aladuras, WoF, "plentyrascals" etc etc
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@Zikkyy

It wasn't a go learn Greek advocacy . . .

Aren't people already relying and trusting the information being shared by

the Oyakhilomes, Oyedepos, Ashimolowos, Adeboyes, TB Joshuas, Oritsejafors, Bakares, Adeboyes, Olukoyas, Okogies, aladuras, WoF, "plentyrascals" etc etc
u just couldnt help adding okogie there could u? That guy isn't materially rich he doesn't fit d group.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2013
oiseworld:

Soo how are we suppose to check for greek/hebrew meaning of these passages when we don't understand these languages.

@oiseworld

Use resources like lexicon, concordances etc etc; of course in-conjunction with the Spirit of Truth

to cross check the accuracies and genuineness of translated words, texts etc of each or whichever bible version used

and use to confirm whether or not the original Hebrew or Greek sentiments, intents, fact, aim, intentions etc were carried through.

Put the bibles and teachings through sieves

This will separate false teachings and doctrines.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: u just couldnt help adding okogie there could u?

That guy isn't materially rich he doesn't fit d group.

@Ubenedictus

Ubenedictus bro. Okogie is affiliated with RCC
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 9:49am On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

KJV cult member, you need a rethink of your false teachings.

KJV seemingly is innocent and has high standards but this portrayal is false and misleading

KJV is not exempted from errors, because it too was biased and riddled with politics when translated

Christians need to be aware of this fact and more
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by wordthots: 10:08am On Jan 18, 2013
oiseworld:

Bro, You don't have to understand the languages (hebrew or greek). I also don't, all you need is a good concordance; I will recommend strongs or preferably get E-sword its a computer application that gives quite a number of translations and has a good concordance.
The concordance helps you check out words and their root true meanings in the greek or hebrew.
For example "life" in the new testament is translated in three different ways and "love" is translated in 3 or four ways.

Gdobless
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Delafruita(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel: I would not go down the route of insisting that all Christians use Greek or Hebrew dictionaries, for one, not all of us have access to these materials and the majority of believers only have a copy of the bible.

christianity and its confusion.goodluck in your quest for heaven
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 18, 2013
Delafruita: christianity and its confusion.goodluck in your quest for heaven

Confusion is the product of laziness and the dubiousness of MAN.

A hardworking , God fearing student of the WORD will always agree with the word of GOD.

2 words seems to be quite rare in Christendom today, Accountability and Responsibility.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by luxanne(f): 10:28am On Jan 18, 2013
Pastor Kun: He that has ears let him hear.
abi o. a word is enough 4 d wise. God bless u bro frosbel moredendisc

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2013
frosbel:

I would not go down the route of insisting that all Christians use Greek or Hebrew dictionaries, for one,

not all of us have access to these materials and the majority of believers only have a copy of the bible.

What we need is teachers in the body of Christ who can rightly divide the word of truth.

One thing is clear though , the days of false teachers and their gullible members are over, their false doctrines

and teachings will be exposed for the heresy that they are.

@frosbel

Essentially the clarion call is not solely an advocacy but also an awareness, problem resolution options and false teachings & doctrines control.

False teachers or dodgy bibles in the wrong hands will kill Christians.

Blind teachers will indiscriminately, if not deliberately fire shots at blind Christians.

If Christians can so much own or get a bible

they, such Christians, since their lives depend on this,

should also invest in a "bullet-proof helmet & vest kits" and "X-ray vision kits" in the form of dictionaries, lexicon, concordances etc

Christians are preys and shooting targets, so if unable to duck or dive, when being shot at, the bullet-proof kit will give some degree of protection

The X-ray kit, like, as with the Bereans, will allow Christians succeed by themselves in understanding teachings, interpreting scripture or in other cases identifying false teaching or doctrines.

"And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica,
and they listened eagerly to Paul's message.
They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.
" Acts 17:11 NLV

# Every Christians should aspire to be teacher, as iron sharpens iron

# False teachers, beware, the chickens have come home to roost

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2013
moredendisc:

@frosbel

Essentially the clarion call is not solely an advocacy but also an awareness, problem resolution options and false teachings & doctrines control.

False teachers or dodgy bibles in the wrong hands will kill Christians.

Blind teachers will indiscriminately, if not deliberately fire shots at blind Christians.

If Christians can so much own or get a bible

they, such Christians, since their lives depend on this,

should also invest in a "bullet-proof helmet & vest kits" and "X-ray vision kits" in the form of dictionaries, lexicon, concordances etc

Christians are preys and shooting targets, so if unable to duck or dive, when being shot at, the bullet-proof kit will give some degree of protection

The X-ray kit, like, as with the Bereans, allow Christians succeed by themselves in understanding teachings, interpreting scripture or in other cases identifying false teaching or doctrines.

"And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica,
and they listened eagerly to Paul's message.
They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth.
" Acts 17:11 NLV

# Every Christians should aspire to be teacher, as iron sharpens iron

# False teachers, beware, the chickens have come home to roost

I concur in full wink
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 10:39am On Jan 18, 2013
Well written. The only part I find unacceptable is the part that seem like all sinners go to hell.I will shock you by saying even most false prophets are heaven bound. Enough of all those if u lie u are going to hell thing. Even most greedy members of their ministry will make heaven. Simply because,not 1 person on the face of the earth can say he is of no sin. The only 1 without sin has paid the price. And by his ressurection anyone that believe and accept him his saved (grace). for this immeasurable gesture of love- All we should use to pay back is living our lives by the manual which is the bible.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: Well written. The only part I find unacceptable is the part that seem like all sinners go to hell.I will shock you by saying even most false prophets are heaven bound. Enough of all those if u lie u are going to hell thing. Even most greedy members of their ministry will make heaven. Simply because,not 1 person on the face of the earth can say he is of no sin. The only 1 without sin has paid the price. And by his ressurection anyone that believe and accept him his saved (grace). for this immeasurable gesture of love- All we should use to pay back is living our lives by the manual which is the bible.

Anyone who repents from their sin and places their trust in JESUS will enter into the kingdom of GOD.

But , for those false prophets/teachers who carry on in and with their deception, this is the promise to them :

"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them-- bringing swift destruction on themselves ." - 2 Peter 2:1
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by moredendisc: 11:00am On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

Well written. The only part I find unacceptable is the part that seem like all sinners go to hell.

I will shock you by saying even most false prophets are heaven bound.

Enough of all those if u lie u are going to hell thing.

Even most greedy members of their ministry will make heaven.

Simply because,not 1 person on the face of the earth can say he is of no sin. The only 1 without sin has paid the price.

And by his ressurection anyone that believe and accept him his saved (grace). for this immeasurable gesture of love

- All we should use to pay back is living our lives by the manual which is the bible.

@shdemidemi

First, start and stop using the word hell

Hell is a myth belonging to other people's culture which was imported into the bible by translating Sheol or Hades to hell

Hell is not and no where found in the original Hebrew or Greek texts

Sheol and Hades have implications, meanings & interpretations different to hell's

In essence, hello, hell no. There is no hell, particularly with, the way you imagine it to be or were taught it to be.

Rendering Sheol and/or Hades as hell is a disservice to Christendom or the Christian world

# There is more than the eyes see bro. Stephen's death, The thief on the cross, the Rich Man & Lazarus etc
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2013
There is simplicity in christainity..don't even go to Peter...Peter chose to speak with the jews and was even called a false prophet by apostle paul.We have to rightly divide the word of God. And as for hell.If those who see God get comfort the other part get discomfort and that's what I call hell.don't go in to revelation cos no one will truely understand it until it comes.that is afterlife brethren. The only person that really tells us how to be saved is apostle Paul in his letters to the church.
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 18, 2013
shdemidemi: There is simplicity in christainity..don't even go to Peter...Peter chose to speak with the jews and was even called a false prophet by apostle paul.

Not True.

Peter was never called a false prophet by Paul.

Show us the scripture to support this strange allegation.

We have to rightly divide the word of God. And as for hell.If those who see God get comfort the other part get discomfort and that's what I call hell.don't go in to revelation cos no one will truely understand it until it comes.that is afterlife brethren. The only person that really tells us how to be saved is apostle Paul in his letters to the church.

Wrong again.

Jesus was the first to tell us how to get saved not Paul and then in the acts of the apostles Peter followed by the other apostles, Paul arrived at the scene later on.

Finally, in as much as I do not believe in HELL as described by false teachers, there is indeed a lake of fire for the desruction of the wicked, arrogant and sinners.

" [a]“Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire,” says the Lord Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them. 2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. 3 Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty." - Malachi 4:1-3
Re: Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) by shdemidemi(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2013
There is simplicity in christainity..don't even go to Peter...Peter chose to speak with the jews and was even called a false prophet by apostle paul.We have to rightly divide the word of God. And as for hell.If those who see God get comfort the other part get discomfort and that's what I call hell.don't go in to revelation cos no one will truely understand it until it comes.that is afterlife brethren. The only person that really tells us how to be saved is apostle Paul in his letters to the church.Jesus never told a gentile how to be saved.frazzle d books.Only Paul tod u how u n ♍ƺ can be saved. That's if u r not jew.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? / Traditionalists Demand Public Holidays, Board, Political Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.