Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December (532 Views)

Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba / Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Vboot1: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2023
Electricity prices in Nigeria are expected to rise following the unification of the naira which has led to the depreciation of the naira at the investor and exporter window.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) recently made an announcement regarding the unification of all segments of Nigeria’s forex market, consolidating all windows into one.

This new system will allow market forces, such as supply and demand, to play a significant role in determining the exchange rate.

These changes were implemented as part of a broader effort to enhance liquidity and stability in the Nigerian Foreign Exchange (FX) Market. Under the new policy, all transactions will be conducted through the Investors and Exporters (I&E) window, where the exchange rate will be determined by market forces.
Electricity Tariffs and Unification of Exchange Rates
However, the unification of the exchange rate may also have an impact on electricity tariffs in the country. Experts in the electricity sector suggest that Nigerians can anticipate an increase in electricity tariffs soon when a minor review is conducted in December.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/19/unified-fx-rates-electricity-tariffs-to-rise-by-25-in-december-experts/

Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by hybrid77: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2023
grin

People go fit survive this one so.. shocked shocked

The bills are already too high.

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by b3llo(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2023
Life go hard gan
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Lanretoye(m): 11:53am On Jun 19, 2023
b3llo:
Life go hard gan
na wetin you wish go happen to you,pls personalize your statement okay.since the supply has increased relatively by over 50% and it didnt improve your life,it is when price increase by 25% that will improve it?
Abeg prophesy into your own life okay.
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by kokozain(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2023
May God see us through
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Solsix(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2023
There is nothing wey eyes see shed blood.
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Jackson619007: 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
This country is condemned.
Nothing reduces instead they all increase.
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by b3llo(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lanretoye:
na wetin you wish go happen to you,pls personalize your statement okay.since the supply has increased relatively by over 50% and it didnt improve your life,it is when price increase by 25% that will improve it?
Abeg prophesy into your own life okay.
ode we are in raining season. It is expected that water level in our hydroelectric dams will increase which means more power output. As the cow that you are you couldn't understand that.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Lanretoye(m): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
b3llo:
ode we are in raining season. It is expected that water level in our hydroelectric dams will increase which means more power output. As the cow that you are you couldn't understand that.
yes na still wetin i dey talk,if u cant afford prepaid when dam full how u wan take afford fuel when light no dey.your suffer just start.
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Seefinish: 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
This is the beginning of bala blue by the time we reach bulaba and complete it Gozilla garagara our bodies go tell us

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Ogene001: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good one. We are going towards pure capitalism, a system the Igbos are quite adapted to

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by jmoore(m): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
If you are a prepaid user, buy tokens that can last at least for 4 years.
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Felabrity: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
God bless Mr president tinubu

Keep them coming

Asiwaju lokan
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by b3llo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lanretoye:
yes na still wetin i dey talk,if u cant afford prepaid when dam full how u wan take afford fuel when light no dey.your suffer just start.
I have my prepaid meter what do I care
Re: Electricity Tariffs To Rise By 25% In December by Armaggedon: 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
The liberalisation of the economy is for the interest of real capitalists (I won't mention any tribe)
I doubt it will favour the deplorable mobs who thought all the businesses in Lagos would be snatched from owners and given to "hosts and hostesses"

Next is to completely remove subsidy in agriculture, let's see whether those "feeding" us will survive.

(1) (Reply)

The Federal Executive Bodies Not Affected By President’s Dissolution Of Boards / We Are Going To Finish What Ojukwu And His Men Started - Simon Akpa / The Moment President Bola Tinubu Departs Abuja For Benin Republic (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.