Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground (26416 Views)

Court To Rule On Peter Obi, Inec’s Case On BVAS / ₦20 Billion Bailout Loan: EFCC Withdraws Case As Kogi Forfeits ₦19.333B / Akpabio Withdraws Court Case Challenging Election Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by damkin24(m): 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Calabar1stSon:
Indeed. Corruption got carried-over.

You'll never see "This government will favour me and my family" crooner on threads that exposes this government.
This was approved by the previous government. Read through the lines please. If you don't want the government to favour you so be it.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by yemi1504: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
See am e don Land. Corruption defender. Have you finished fighting dirty at fuel stations grin grin

You go still cry go meet Mods that you are been bullied & intimidated by DatNigga. grin

Emilokan disillusionist

Ah Bikonu! Dragging person son like Tiger generator! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by delpee(f): 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
There's a lot about NIA that cannot be discussed openly as explained by a former security operative a while ago. Best to let sleeping dogs lie down in peace.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Fearyourcreator: 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
Calabar1stSon:

You'll never see "This government will favour me and my family" crooner on threads that exposes this government.
This government won't favour you since na bad you dey wish ... Then you and your cohorts will see bad as wish
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Blakjewelry(m): 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
Calabar1stSon:

Nope I told who care to listen back then that this case is good as dead. Nia and agency like that operate on black money. Money that can't be trace. I knew heads will roll because they were careless. Such agency is supposed to be highly secretive to loose guard like that is a shame. A safe house is supposed to highly secure with manpower, tech or discreet.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by juman(m): 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
Why this case started at all?
Why?
Why all the confusion?

The money belong to rivers state.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by juman(m): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
The new rivers governor should be friendly to the presidency and claim the money.
He can get it.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by juman(m): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
Still one can infer from this story why DSS going after emefiele.
The ex cbn governor did not allow them to get free access to senseless request for fund on baseless ground.
That was why they called him many wicked names like sponsor of islamic terrorists, sponsor of bandits, money laundry allegation etc.
DSS is liar.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by LordAdam16: 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
nedekid:
Nna, some will say no money in this country, that we produce nothing, we export nothing and other crap. One German executive once said many years ago, if the economy of Germany was looted as that of naija, Germany would have collapsed long time ago.
When you see how kids, families of some Nigerians live abroad, then you will know Nigeria has momey.

Compared to Germany, France, Japan, China, India; Nigeria does not have money.

Germany exports goods/services worth $1.6t every year. That is more than 1 Quadrillion Naira.

What that expat meant was the rate of pilfering. Not the sticker amount.

Statements of that nature are sometimes shared for dramatic effect and to push stereotypes. Germany, like all of Europe, has a permanent rentier class, many with roots in the aristocracy who leech off the economy like our elite do. The difference however is that they've created a more sustainable system while we're relying almost exclusively on resources we had no part in creating. And they're way more discreet and use elaborate, convoluted schemes rather than the brazen, in-your-face pillaging our gluttons prefer.

But they'll make it seem like only privileged people from the second world and third world drain their nation's treasury.

"Money" without a qualifier does not mean much.

More than 90% of all countries have money. The elite siphon as much as they can realistically get away with and their dependents live large on the squirreled away loot in sought-after destinations.

The elite from the top 50 economies do not live like paupers anywhere on the planet.

Morocco is the 61st largest economy (we're at 32). Do you know how members of the monarchy, nobility, and highly placed bureaucrats live? They can buy apartments in New York or Dubai, send their kids to any Ivy League college if they can get in, and shop in Paris and Zurich.

The major problem we have is that we're not living up to expectations, particularly within the context of our demographic explosion. Our peers are richer per capita and more advanced. We're supposed to be in a MINT group. That's Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey. Currently, none of them are our mate. Rest-assured, there is no expense that rich Nigerians can make abroad that rich folks from those countries can't. NONE!

And it will simultaneously be true that we don't have money, because Mexico's federal budget is $380B (population is 126 million people). Indonesia's is $200B (273m people). Turkey's is $240B for 85m people. Nigeria's is $48B (210m people) and we are struggling to balance it.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Shikini: 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
Chai
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by naturefellow(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
Druggie using DSS to achieve his aims
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by StainlessCup: 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
Throwback:
This was one case that the intelligence community in Nigeria already told the Buhari Government to desist from, that the funds was for covert operations.

I also don't recall that the head of the NIA was found to have used the funds for personal accumulation of wealth/assets that was reported by anyone or EFCC itself.

How can a whole C in C of Nigeria not know of the covert operation that warranted such national disgrace..
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by rolams(m): 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hmmm!
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by FxMasterz: 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
But you praise Tunubu for subsidy removal and for other bills he signed when you know fully well that those things didn't originate from him.

Would you refer me to such posts I made praising Tinubu for anything?
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by maasoap(m): 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Calabar1stSon:

Did you read the report at all or you just believe what you want to believe?
It is not about this government, it was a long process that just came to an end.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by maasoap(m): 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
The defenders of corruption ti lu le. Tinubu the corruption Master will teach Buhari how to pight kwaraption. grin grin
Emilokan kwaraption pighters
He will definitely continue from where the kwaraption pighter stopped.

Where are the go back to your village crew grin

Thieves

Emotion where wisdom is needed. Mtcheeew!
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by opeldavid: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lolzzzz
Under 3 wks some mumu ll say
Fuel subsidy removed
Emeifele sacked
Bawa sacked
Ikoyi $43m case withdrawn. Fraud being encouraged. Are these achievements? Rubbish.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Rebuke: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Mark my word, they are trying to clear this man's name ahead of his ministerial appointment 😂😂😂

So that later when any of yhu try pointing an accusing finger, they will tell yhu he wasn't convicted 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by soil4soil(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
What da fork difference does it make? People just want a corrupt free country. Now, what is your opinion on the topic about $43 million and £27 million found in a flat. undecided i bet you don't have any sensible opinion to make, someone looted such huge amount and you are on here laughing and thinks it is funny. Money you and I would never set eyes on half it in our life time. You think it is funny? Fuul! undecided

Yes I agreed with you on the issue of corruption. Nigeria politicians are corrupt Even including OBI. Do hear what the governor of the state OBI ones govern.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Fujiyama: 10:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Throwback:
This was one case that the intelligence community in Nigeria already told the Buhari Government to desist from, that the funds was for covert operations.

^^^
undecided

Same old song.

'Covert operations' indeed.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Fujiyama: 10:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
delpee:
There's a lot about NIA that cannot be discussed openly as explained by a former security operative a while ago. Best to let sleeping dogs lie down in peace.

^^^
undecided

Of course.

Anything, and I mean anything can be justified on some dubious 'national security' grounds. Why then was Dasuki arraigned some years ago? He also once was a 'security operative', after all.

We are not serious and we are not ready to be serious.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by jimcaddy(m): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
Loool. So what happens to the money. Na wetin me I wan know he that
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Dididrumz(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Everybody involved walks home a Freeman

Probably even richer.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by favor914: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
jimcaddy:
Loool. So what happens to the money. Na wetin me I wan know he that
It is covert operation money, it’s like asking the FBI what happened to the money? It is classified.

Right from the on start was sorry for the mumus chasing shadows talking nonsense about Oga Oke, go and read your constitution it is there in black & white, no Court has jurisdiction to inquire about NSA money, only the president, same reason Dasuki was let go after 4 years incarcerated.

Classified information cannot be subject to a court for public hearing, even the court is prohibited ab initio.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Mirallas: 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
The defenders of corruption ti lu le. Tinubu the corruption Master will teach Buhari how to pight kwaraption. grin grin
Emilokan kwaraption pighters
He will definitely continue from where the kwaraption pighter stopped.

Where are the go back to your village crew grin

Thieves
To dey hate no dey tire. How can a grown-up be this obsessed and immature
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Obec70(m): 12:30am On Jun 20, 2023
As in nothing happened?, do what becomes the fate of the sacked person. This country is a big joke! Imagine what outside world would take us for
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Asswipemod: 2:05am On Jun 20, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
See am e don Land. Corruption defender. Have you finished fighting dirty at fuel stations grin grin

You go still cry go meet Mods that you are been bullied & intimidated by DatNigga. grin

Emilokan disillusionist

Wailer Banton! Una don fill una tank? No free fuel again o. You must pay or dump your car. Time to 😩😩😩😩, right? Bicycle dey there Sha!😝😝😝😝
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by Asswipemod: 2:08am On Jun 20, 2023
Obec70:
As in nothing happened?, do what becomes the fate of the sacked person. This country is a big joke! Imagine what outside world would take us for

People that are already made for life. Multi millionaires. You're acting like they're bar tenders on meagre salaries. You're the joke because it's obvious you'd say anything to discredit Emile O'Corn.
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by MasterTeeUSA: 2:19am On Jun 20, 2023
Even USA operates in cash...but corruption will definitely be part of the process. Corruption in USA is ProMAX, especially in the Military Industrial Complex. Look it up and verify grin grin grin

Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/icymi-ikoyi-43m-affair-ends-as-efcc-withdraws-court-case-on-national-security-grounds/amp
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:34am On Jun 20, 2023
Throwback:

I also don't recall that the head of the NIA was found to have used the funds for personal accumulation of wealth/assets that was reported by anyone or EFCC itself.

A committee headed by the VP recommended him for dismissal and prosecution and you're trying to imply he was innocent?

Why not got find out the content of the committee's report?
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by SKIBiNSKI(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2023
soil4soil:

Yes I agreed with you on the issue of corruption. Nigeria politicians are corrupt Even including OBI. Do hear what the governor of the state OBI ones govern.
So Obi is your problem, once Obi is arrested for corruption then every other looter is fine, right?

Obi is not the president at the moment, Tinubu is, and Tinubu is supposed to be making sure money are not stolen. Tinubu should be your problem not Obi, Obi is not the president. Okay?
Re: Ikoyi $43m Affair Ends As EFCC Withdraws Court Case On ‘national Security Ground by soil4soil(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
So Obi is your problem, once Obi is arrested for corruption then every other looter is fine, right?

Obi is not the president at the moment, Tinubu is, and Tinubu is supposed to be making sure money are not stolen. Tinubu should be your problem not Obi, Obi is not the president. Okay?

OBI is not my problem but people like you who say OBI is only clean politicians in Nigeria.
If Tinubu fail, I will be the first to start the blame on him.
So have it clear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NEC Dumps FG Social Investment Register, Says It Lacks Credibility / Activities Of Bandits Have Surprised Me ― Buhari / Osinbajo Commissions The Construction Of Bonny-Bodo Road In Rivers State (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.