Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Airtel Launches 5G - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Launches 5G (14351 Views)

Airtel Launches 5G Network In Nigeria / Airtel Launches ODU Smartbox / Airtel Launches New Data Plan N1,500 For 7gb And N2,500 For 11gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Launches 5G by Stevosty: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
Iphone only 5g when most subscribers are using andriod.
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by LOVEGINO(m): 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Dagbo 5G

5G that cannot sustain HD voip call na 5G be that?

5G when neither Airtel nor MTN sell 5G sims is that one 5G?

You will assume that these silly networks provide 5G until you need them for mission-critical real time communication. Na that time you go know say their 5G na for mouth
u don test am?
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by airsaylongcome: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
BadMaster:

Is that a switch underneath the router? Do you use it to distribute the MTN 5G router connection via lan?

By the way, the image up there looks like an office. You guys may consider getting Starlink. That's what I have been using since February, and it's unlimited.
Attached is my usage so far this month.

It's a home office with one workstation.
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by airsaylongcome: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
LOVEGINO:
u don test am?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Airtel Launches 5G by morikee: 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Really? No 5G SIM?

Yeah 4G sim is provisioned to work with 5G no need for upgrade or new sim except you going for the most advanced 5G which is just 1% available
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by BadMaster: 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:

It's a home office with one workstation.
Okay. Is that a switch?
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by airsaylongcome: 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
BadMaster:

Okay. Is that a switch?

Yes. POE switch.
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by bdon12: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
kekakuz:
We have waited long for this day
They will jst collect ur money n giv u 3G instead.mtn has been collecting money for 5G bt u will never get that 5G speed....all of dem are thieves
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by mechanics(m): 9:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
TemplarLandry:
shocked It's gonna be soo fast coz Airtel's internet speed is aight. But hope they'll slow down on data zapping.
hahhahha, it will surely consume much data o.
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by tfelicityk(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Smiling...
They should continue to dey scam Nigerians.
Nigerians scamming Nigerians
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by BadMaster: 9:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Yes. POE switch.
๐Ÿ‘
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by airsaylongcome: 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
BadMaster:

๐Ÿ‘

Why did you ask though? #justWondering
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by Justinlean02(m): 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Otuegbe:
not only Nokia. Combination of many vendors, ZTE, Huawei
really, not aware of the later but thanks for the update. Recently got introduced to the Nokia collaboration and it's super lite
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by Justinlean02(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
dustmalik:

When did Airtel start offering the unlimited plan you are talking about?
The main data vendor here is Nokia, Airtel is partnering
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by Justinlean02(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Are you for real boss?

Wetin b the code for this unlimited data in Airtel?
it's not a code thing there's a hardware purchase that comes with the package
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by BadMaster: 10:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Why did you ask though? #justWondering
So, I am looking to distribute my Starlink connection through out my home effectively. I'm trying to avoid losing speed via WiFi, so I am going the wired route instead. There are 3 rooms and a sitting room. I've just ordered for the Starlink ethernet adapter, which should be here, latest Friday. It's an apparatus which is required to connect Starlink router via ethernet. These are the options I'm considering.

A) Get a POE Gigabit switch with at least 5 Wan/lan ports.
B) Get a good dual or tri-band Mesh router with at least two additional satellite nodes from Amazon.
C) Get a very good normal dual or tri-band router with 5 or more Wan/lan ports from Amazon.

In addition to either of the options above, I will get a 400 to 500 feet of Cat 6 or 7 lan cable.
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by BadMaster: 10:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Justinlean02:
it's not a code thing there's a hardware purchase that comes with the package
Can you state the cost and where to get it?
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by joytothewise(m): 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nothing is great here

All this are fake!!! When 4G runs like 2G network?!
ecolime:
This is great!
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by airsaylongcome: 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
BadMaster:

So, I am looking to distribute my Starlink connection through out my home effectively. I'm trying to avoid losing speed via WiFi, so I am going the wired route instead. There are 3 rooms and a sitting room. I've just ordered for the Starlink ethernet adapter, which should be here, latest Friday. It's an apparatus which is required to connect Starlink router via ethernet. These are the options I'm considering.

A) Get a POE Gigabit switch with at least 5 Wan/lan ports.
B) Get a good dual or tri-band Mesh router with at least two additional satellite nodes from Amazon.
C) Get a very good normal dual or tri-band router with 5 or more Wan/lan ports from Amazon.

In addition to either of the options above, I will get a 400 to 500 feet of Cat 6 or 7 lan cable.

How many devices are you planning to have on your network? Remember that many devices (TVS etc) do t require PoE. My switch is an 8-port Unifi Gigabit switch with a Unifi AP Lite. Sufficient enough for my small home. TBH I don't think they'd be much speed drop if you distribute over 2.4Ghz and/or 5Ghz. If you want to run wires, get a pass through RJ45. Save your self the "torture"
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by BadMaster: 1:40am On Jun 21, 2023
airsaylongcome:

How many devices are you planning to have on your network? Remember that many devices (TVS etc) do t require PoE. My switch is an 8-port Unifi Gigabit switch with a Unifi AP Lite. Sufficient enough for my small home. TBH I don't think they'd be much speed drop if you distribute over 2.4Ghz and/or 5Ghz. If you want to run wires, get a pass through RJ45. Save your self the "torture"
Thank you bro ๐Ÿ™
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by kelvinovie25(m): 6:49am On Jun 21, 2023
Glo might just launch a 5g that is not compatible with 5g phone
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by logisticsguru: 7:15am On Jun 21, 2023
Daddyseun1:

Help me download am and send the money
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by paparazi232(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2023
Mamijoh:
Which part of the North pls?
Kano most precisely
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by Justinlean02(m): 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2023
[quote author=BadMaster post=123931495]
Can you state the cost and where to get it?They have an agent at airtel office. I can link you up. Everything sums up to 125'000, then the customer renews it yearly@ #100'000
They deligate an engineer to come and do the installation. Installation is also included in the aforementioned amount
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by Justinlean02(m): 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
BadMaster:

Can you state the cost and where to get it?
They have an agent at airtel office. I can link you up. Everything sums up to 125'000, then the customer renews it yearly@ #100'000
They deligate an engineer to come and do the installation. Installation is also included in the aforementioned amount
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by CartelKenneth: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Stevosty:
Iphone only 5g when most subscribers are using andriod.

5g is on Samsung s21 ultra upwards...
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by Slimwhyt(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Daddyseun1:
Wow.

I need loan of 30k to payback 40k my mini bus just develop some minor fault, I need to put it in order

Go loan app
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by BadMaster: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
Justinlean02:
They have an agent at airtel office. I can link you up. Everything sums up to 125'000, then the customer renews it yearly@ #100'000
I would appreciate the emboldened.
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by dappydozzy(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2023
Angelfrost:
Once price of Starlinks drops massively, body go tell una...!

5G network ought to be in every major city of Nigeria by now!!!

The world is more Online than Offline these days... It's quite shameful that we are still struggling with Network accessibility up till now!

What will they be using the 5G for in every major city in Nigeria, where are the technological innovations to utilize the 5G. It is not every business that needs 5G,it is for some bandwidth-sucking applications like the metaverse and virtual reality applications including web 3.How many major cities have startups that specialize in such technologies. 5G is overkill to be roll out in every city all at once. Even China pioneer in 5G rollout, has not covered all its major cities.
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by odeyinugbolahan(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
Nigeriagood:
Not confirmed yet

It is confirmed and launched cos I work with Airtel Ng
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by honsule(m): 11:40am On Jun 22, 2023
Am based in Abuja. After reading this Post i decided to insert my Airtel Sim inside my POCO F4 5G phone. it didnยดt display airtel 5G initially. So, i decided to dial code *# *#4636 bla bla code and select only NR/LTE and the 5G display... Am @Airport Road, Abuja when i tested the speed.... But speed is not impressive. i will try it at other location inside town and see
Re: Airtel Launches 5G by honsule(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2023
See screen shots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Smartphones With 13-megapixel Camera Discussion Thread / 7 Top Quality Android Phones In Nigeria Between โ‚ฆ10,000 โ€“ โ‚ฆ25,000 / What Device You Using And What Made You Loved it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.