Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day (44983 Views)

Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day - AIT / Court Admits Electoral Documents Tendered By LP, Obi - Punch.ng / Forgery: Court Admits Obaseki’s Original Certificates As Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by sweetgala(m): 11:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

And how did you know the court didn't write to its legal department?

You just open mouth waaaa, you no know say na Peter Obi Una dey battle with?

Dey there make cloth wear you.

The court didn't make a request to AWS neither did INEC. That much we know. The list of witnesses has already been presented

1 Like

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by sweetgala(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

You are wrong.

An ordinary employee can stand as a witness on behalf An organisation, depending on the type of matter at hand.

NB: It's not something to argue about.

No you can not stand as a witness on behalf of an organization without the express permission of said organisations.
Remember this is not a whistle blower and this is not an executive formed tribunal.
This is a court of law whose decisions are binding in life or in death.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by sreamsense: 12:14am On Jun 21, 2023
sheldonbbt:

Who in their right senses will use AWS for this purpose when you can purchase 3 servers of at least 256GB RAM, install ESXI on all 3 servers and run 48 virtual machines of at least 16GB ram on the ESXI host. This will ensure load balancing and mind you, all 48 servers will be domain joined

Are you kidding me? AWS for what?

Please don't quote me again. Go and check how much was spent for the so called fraud of an election and stop siding with incompetence.
You quoted me to say rubbish but you don't want me to quote you to prove your stupidity to your face. Is like you just copy and paste what you don't understand and have knowledge about. You wrote gibberish up there, if they don't use AWS, of what purpose is LP wasting her time to bring so call AWS expert that happened to be LP candidate? Why is she wasting LP time downloading irrelevant thing then?

1 Like

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Winnin009: 2:24am On Jun 21, 2023
Mohisah:

Oga shebi we dey hear when court go tell u e lack merit. Na so Obi followers dey hype abroad tins... Mk una go relax, deadly hackers dey hidden... How much Obi get to pay.. If Inec dey wrong, dey hv every finance to cover up, don't tink we're actin Indian film... Obi did not win, he's trying to nullify the election dats di most impossible task ever... Go ask US how Russians toil with their system on clean slate without evidence of rigging for Putin... Mk una dey play

You’re still not getting it. First, let’s admit the truth by agreeing that the election was NEVER hacked. It’s all just hogwash.

Secondly, if it was indeed hacked or hacking attempts were made, it would show somewhere in the system. You guys feel computer is some device that can make things disappear without trace; well that’s a lie.

As there are bad hackers; they are also good hackers. If you think Inec can hire a hacker to cover their trails; LP can hire one to expose it. Computers leave trails. We call them digital footprints and it goes a long way.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by TheRealestGuy(m): 2:49am On Jun 21, 2023
sweetgala:

No you can not stand as a witness on behalf of an organization without the express permission of said organisations.
Remember this is not a whistle blower and this is not an executive formed tribunal.
This is a court of law whose decisions are binding in life or in death.

Of course it's with the organisation's permission.

So again, you were wrong in saying only empoyees in the legal department can stand as witness for an organisation in a lawsuit.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by sweetgala(m): 6:11am On Jun 21, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

Of course it's with the organisation's permission.

So again, you were wrong in saying only empoyees in the legal department can stand as witness for an organisation in a lawsuit.

No ! the lady expressly said when being cross examined that she was not representing her employers, and that AWS did not receive a supena from LP. She is representing herself and only claims to bring a professional opinion which has now been called into question.

Such companies like AWS don't necessarily have to send a member of their legal team but the often do send someone from legal , corporate governance or middle management because there are consequences for actions taken under oath.
These are companies that have shareholders and could loose investor confidence if not managed correctly. I'm certain AWS are keeping an eye on this case and would put this supposed employee through HR disciplinary

1 Like

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Mohisah: 7:16am On Jun 21, 2023
Winnin009:

You’re still not getting it. First, let’s admit the truth by agreeing that the election was NEVER hacked. It’s all just hogwash.

Secondly, if it was indeed hacked or hacking attempts were made, it would show somewhere in the system. You guys feel computer is some device that can make things disappear without trace; well that’s a lie.

As there are bad hackers; they are also good hackers. If you think Inec can hire a hacker to cover their trails; LP can hire one to expose it. Computers leave trails. We call them digital footprints and it goes a long way.

Bro, are u saying Obi won it? I want to know if u saying that he won the election. Because Obi cannot deliver my core North regions, since he can't where did garnered his winnings from. I thought Atiku should be the only complainant here
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by aswani(m): 8:01am On Jun 21, 2023
sweetgala:

No ! the lady expressly said when being cross examined that she was not representing her employers, and that AWS did not receive a supena from LP. She is representing herself and only claims to bring a professional opinion which has now been called into question.

Such companies like AWS don't necessarily have to send a member of their legal team but the often do send someone from legal , corporate governance or middle management because there are consequences for actions taken under oath.
These are companies that have shareholders and could loose investor confidence if not managed correctly. I'm certain AWS are keeping an eye on this case and would put this supposed employee through HR disciplinary

Well explained sweetgala, very well explained!

Not a hope in hell that a serious organisation will allow an employee to just turn up in court alone on their behalf. That person will have at least one person of the legal team in tow.

Look at Senate hearings in US, the lawyer is siting right next to the CEO, every time a question is asked, the lawyer will whisper into the CEO 's ears in full view of everyone before that one can answer.

Plus you are right, if this LP expert is truly an AWS employee, or not just someone that passed a certification exam, as I seriously suspect, she is a goner at that place.

How can you go and talk about something to do with your employer in a court of law, going under oath and risk of cross examination, without clearing it with HR first (I guess Anti expert knew HR will never give that clearance) ?

How she and LP ended up giving the impression that she was an AWS star witness, giving Obidients unbridled joy, shows the paucity of LP's case.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2023
sweetgala:

Yes but your initial statement was a hard stand that only lettered employees can stand as witness for an organisation.

That's the only statement I disputed.

I've not been following the intricate details of the tribunal however, it's highly improbable and unlikely that she did not obtain clearance from her employer's legal and compliance departments before appearing on that stand.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Tzar(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2023
How can you say NEVER when it comes to human creations? Please read through the several NASA computer hacks, security breaches, accidents and incidents. I am an aviator, so l am not making bogus claims like you!

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17231695.amp
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Technology/story?
id=119423&page=1

https://www./nasas-network-security-breaches-brief-history-michael-benis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflig
ht-related accidents and incidents

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16075-new-report-lists-nasas-biggest-challenges/

Winnin009:

First, the computers that NASA astronauts use in space “NEVER” experiences glitches. Like NEVER!!!!!

And two, the system wasn’t built in Nigeria or for Nigeria. AWS is AWS everywhere. Lol. The fact that you think the cloud system effectiveness can be affected by your crappy politics just shows you have no idea how shit works.

And three, if it experienced a glitch, it would show in the logs. Lol. Just wait. The evidences and unanswered questions are too much.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by sweetgala(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

Yes but your initial statement was a hard stand that only lettered employees can stand as witness for an organisation.

I've not been following the intricate details of the tribunal however, it's highly improbable and unlikely that she did not obtain clearance from her employer's legal and compliance departments before appearing on that stand.

I didn't intent to state that "only" lettered employees stand to represent a company such as that. But from experience given I also work for a sector leading multinational Tech company on the same scale as AWS I can tell you with experience that they are so cautious of legal repercussions, investor confidence that they'll rarely send a lower level employee who's not in legal or corporate governance. The consequences of a misplaced statement can be financially important.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Winnin009: 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tzar:
How can you say NEVER when it comes to human creations? Please read through the several NASA computer hacks, security breaches, accidents and incidents. I am an aviator, so l am not making bogus claims like you!

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17231695.amp
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Technology/story?
id=119423&page=1

https://www./nasas-network-security-breaches-brief-history-michael-benis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflig
ht-related accidents and incidents

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16075-new-report-lists-nasas-biggest-challenges/

First, I told you the machines used in SPACE by nasa.

You succeeded in proving that you just googled shit without even reading them through because if you did, you won’t have given several of those links as a reply.

Literally all the accidents were hardware issues; re-entry issues, human errors... just take a moment to read.

And I still put it to you that the computers they use in space NEVER fails. If it will fail is left to be said but so far, it hasn’t.

If you understand the kinda computers they use up there, you would understand the severity.

Nice try tho.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by EasternPrince: 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
johnjose68:

Then tell your fellow eluupees that they are confirmed anim.al lipsrsealed grin

They said you should look in your family for the anim.al grin grin grin grin

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by sweetgala(m): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

I can assure you that though hee employer would be very careful on attempting to discourage presenting oneself for the cause of justice it would not allow for such to be done on its behalf or using any data which is not sanctioned and coordinated.

I just completed my yearly corporate governance course, information protection, compliance etc. I know Amazon do their own yearly employees trainings in that regard.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
sweetgala:

I didn't intent to state that "only" lettered employees stand to represent a company such as that. But from experience given I also work for a sector leading multinational Tech company on the same scale as AWS I can tell you with experience that they are so cautious of legal repercussions, investor confidence that they'll rarely send a lower level employee who's not in legal or corporate governance. The consequences of a misplaced statement can be financially important.

You didn't intend to but did.

You're all over the place claiming nigh certainty that the lady has done wrong, even alluding she'll be arrested when she's back in the US.

Look, you're being clever by half. We know who you are mr agbado!

This is my last reply to you.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Tzar(m): 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
You amaze me! So when a 15yr old hacked NASA and caused a 21day shutdown, it is a hardware issue?!
Do you know how many times NASA has been successfully hacked?
Jeez! You guys are unbelievable!

Winnin009:

First, I told you the machines used in SPACE by nasa.

You succeeded in proving that you just googled shit without even reading them through because if you did, you won’t have given several of those links as a reply.

Literally all the accidents were hardware issues; re-entry issues, human errors... just take a moment to read.

And I still put it to you that the computers they use in space NEVER fails. If it will fail is left to be said but so far, it hasn’t.

If you understand the kinda computers they use up there, you would understand the severity.

Nice try tho.

1 Like

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by sweetgala(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

You didn't intend to but did.

You're all over the place claiming nigh certainty that the lady has done wrong, even alluding she'll be arrested when she's back in the US.

Look, you're being clever by half. We know who you are mr agbado!

This is my last reply to you.

If she has "taken client information off the server" without permission and using what is considered unsafe methods she could be arrested for theft and corporate espionage ; there are cross border data transfer laws in place I know of this especially in America they have strict data transfer laws to foreign countries. There are IP related data which if I send to colleagues in America I can't receive back without clearance.

The least she can expect is a disciplinary and given dismissal is very easy in USA given the employment laws/Contracts I can't see beyond that.

I am speaking from the perspective of someone who works for an American multinational Tech company the idea of an employee volunteering herself and using internal memo (she claims the item is publicly available but it is only openly visible to AWS employees and other similar stakeholders.)

I'm sure AWS are aware of this and they'll have a legal advisor following the court proceedings.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by aswani(m): 12:01am On Jun 22, 2023
sweetgala:

If she has "taken client information off the server" without permission

sweetgala, in fairness to madam expert, she didn't take or use protected information. You can find AWS uptime information easily on the Internet as you can for other cloud providers. Of course she wouldn't tell Pétérù and his lawyers that (until they fully pay her expenses at least).

What LP needed was audit log information of INEC's server or cluster in the AWS cloud and not what she presented in court in order to prove foul play. Not that it would help their cause in wanting Pétérù to be declared winner of elections he was declared as 2nd runner up.

Obidients shouting excitedly upandan that The AWS cloud was up during that period fail to understand that the Cloud could be healthy but INEC's server on that cloud could have crashed for various reasons, one of which could be unhandled application exceptions.

Furthermore, their highly touted LP AWS certified cloud architect that was coming from Amazon headquarters in the US has no LinkedIn or Credly account, interesting that.

The sooner Obidients realise that Pétérù is not coming, the better. They also need to understand that no mandate had being stolen as it's thankfully always been with the rightful owner.

1 Like

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by morgang(m): 5:49am On Jun 22, 2023
aswani:

sweetgala, in fairness to madam expert, she didn't take or use protected information. You can find AWS uptime information easily on the Internet as you can for other cloud providers. Of course she wouldn't tell Pétérù and his lawyers that (until they fully pay her expenses at least).

What LP needed was audit log information of INEC's server or cluster in the AWS cloud and not what she presented in court in order to prove foul play. Not that it would help their cause in wanting Pétérù to be declared winner of elections he was declared as 2nd runner up.

Obidients shouting excitedly upandan that The AWS cloud was up during that period fail to understand that the Cloud could be healthy but INEC's server on that cloud could have crashed for various reasons, one of which could be unhandled application exceptions.

Furthermore, their highly touted LP AWS certified cloud architect that was coming from Amazon headquarters in the US has no LinkedIn or Credly account, interesting that.

The sooner Obidients realise that Pétérù is not coming, the better. They also need to understand that no mandate had being stolen as it's thankfully always been with the rightful owner.

You seem extremely sound in aws. I just enrolled in an aws bootcamp; this is a major step for me and I’ll appreciate your recommendations on fields in aws I could settle for and necessary resources to aid my learning. Thank you.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by aswani(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2023
morgang:

You seem extremely sound in aws. I just enrolled in an aws bootcamp; this is a major step for me and I’ll appreciate your recommendations on fields in aws I could settle for and necessary resources to aid my learning. Thank you.

Morning morgang, I am actually not au fait with AWS. The stuff I talk about is very basic information anyone in IT should know.

Database and Security is always good but I do think there are more AWS people in the Programming section here in Nairaland that would point you in a better direction.

I think you have made an excellent decision going into a boot camp though. From what I hear, they are tough but immensely satisfying at the end when you complete it.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Winnin009: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2023
Tzar:
You amaze me! So when a 15yr old hacked NASA and caused a 21day shutdown, it is a hardware issue?!
Do you know how many times NASA has been successfully hacked?
Jeez! You guys are unbelievable!

Please bros; read! You said the computers nasa uses in space; I’m telling you for the umpteenth time; the computers they use in space has never experienced such. You keep showing me articles that the whole world knows about that happened over two decades ago. Do you know how many major technological advances have been made since then?!

Come on! Read before you reply.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Tzar(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2023
I never said computers NASA use in space. FYI, NASA's calculations for space missions are done on earth based computers in their control center in Houston. That is where the several computer breaches occured. There as even been several FAILURES at the international Space Station and space missions.
Ref:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflight-related_accidents_and_incidents#:~:text=%2Fcosmonaut%22).-,During%20spaceflight,the%20entire%20crew%20was%20killed.

I know that your type sticks to their argument out of the need to be right, but my point is that if NASA's systems can be breached how much more Nigerian Electoral system. If NASA's systems are infallible how come they have downtimes and security breaches? Do you even realize there have been earth/asteroid close calls that NASA miscalculated?! Do you think those miscalculations were done by humans?

Winnin009:

Please bros; read! You said the computers nasa uses in space; I’m telling you for the umpteenth time; the computers they use in space has never experienced such. You keep showing me articles that the whole world knows about that happened over two decades ago. Do you know how many major technological advances have been made since then?!

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by amazingforum1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
BREAKING NEWS THIS BOY WAS SOLD FOR 1.8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9dGxzI3_U
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Druss(m): 9:57am On Jun 23, 2023
Winnin009:

First, the computers that NASA astronauts use in space “NEVER” experiences glitches. Like NEVER!!!!!

And two, the system wasn’t built in Nigeria or for Nigeria. AWS is AWS everywhere. Lol. The fact that you think the cloud system effectiveness can be affected by your crappy politics just shows you have no idea how shit works.

And three, if it experienced a glitch, it would show in the logs. Lol. Just wait. The evidences and unanswered questions are too much.

On glitches, it is my experience that systems that appear to have no glitches have some redundancy and error checking functionality as part of their design. It is not true to say no computer suffers glitches.

1 Like

Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Tzar(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Please help me tell him o!
Druss:

On glitches, it is my experience that systems that appear to have no glitches have some redundancy and error checking functionality as part of their design. It is not true to say no computer suffers glitches.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by morgang(m): 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
aswani:

Morning morgang, I am actually not au fait with AWS. The stuff I talk about is very basic information anyone in IT should know.

Database and Security is always good but I do think there are more AWS people in the Programming section here in Nairaland that would point you in a better direction.

I think you have made an excellent decision going into a boot camp though. From what I hear, they are tough but immensely satisfying at the end when you complete it.

Thanks for the swift feedback. I’ll intensify my search for it.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Winnin009: 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Druss:

Bro, just take a moment to read about this said computers... they are not what you think they are.

They are built special to operate in special conditions. A glitch as little as a fraction of a second up there could mean disastrous consequences.

You have to understand that there are different rules up there.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Winnin009: 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
Tzar:
I never said computers NASA use in space. FYI, NASA's calculations for space missions are done on earth based computers in their control center in Houston. That is where the several computer breaches occured. There as even been several FAILURES at the international Space Station and space missions.
Ref:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflight-related_accidents_and_incidents#:~:text=%2Fcosmonaut%22).-,During%20spaceflight,the%20entire%20crew%20was%20killed.

I know that your type sticks to their argument out of the need to be right, but my point is that if NASA's systems can be breached how much more Nigerian Electoral system. If NASA's systems are infallible how come they have downtimes and security breaches? Do you even realize there have been earth/asteroid close calls that NASA miscalculated?! Do you think those miscalculations were done by humans?

Just like the APC, you say it when is convenient and when it’s not; you didn’t say it.

No problem. Enjoy
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by aswani(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
Winnin009:

NASA applications don't crash like other non critical ones because they are tighter on things.

For example, and I can't mention names for obvious reasons, in some countries applications used in the defence sector are not allowed to have ordinary loops.

Something that non defence developers take for granted.

Not a hope in hell INEC can and should use NASA coding standards for their applications.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Winnin009: 10:41am On Jun 25, 2023
aswani:

NASA applications don't crash like other non critical ones because they are tighter on things.

For example, and I can't mention names for obvious reasons, in some countries applications used in the defence sector are not allowed to have ordinary loops.

Something that non defence developers rake for granted.

Not a hope in hell INEC can and should use NASA coding standards for their applications.

Someone that gets me; finally.
Re: Court Admits Evidence Showing INEC Server Had No Glitches On Election Day by Druss(m): 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
Winnin009:

Bro, just take a moment to read about this said computers... they are not what you think they are.

They are built special to operate in special conditions. A glitch as little as a fraction of a second up there could mean disastrous consequences.

You have to understand that there are different rules up there.

Every system built by man has a probability of failure even computers. I am sure there is a definition of a glitch-free computer which would say what the standard is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari campaign pictures in Abia state, gets traditional title. / Jagaban / Infograph Of President Buhari's Sickness & APC's Inconsistencies By Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.