Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police (94294 Views)

Buhari Surmons All Service Chiefs Presides Over Security Briefing / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years / BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by samesta(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
domDva:
Ribadu is intelligent and will definitely do his best.

I’m sure people are already checking regional spread and not necessarily the competence of the appointees .

Will he continue the Buhari pattern of shutting out SE in security architecture Name and regional checkers over to you .

Power in Nigeria na really turn by turn , Yoruba ronu, it is the turn of the Yorubas lolll

Everyone should be calming down , for the Igbo haters already jubilating kindly note that Chief of Naval staff is Emmanuel ikechukwu Ogalla from Enugu State.

I don't know if you are right but the name that was announced is E. A. Ogalla and not E. I. Ogalla. How can A become Ikechukwu.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by TruthTalker(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
No, Ogalla is actually from Enugu State.

Ogalla is from Kogi[/quote]
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Penguin2: 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
lhordspy:

This is wrong. The bolded. Gambo jimeta, fmr. inspector general of police served under Babangida. Also Aliyu Isma’ila Gwarzo, a retired Assistant Inspector-General served under Shonekan and Abacha both as NSA.

Fergie001 , Baba don drop list oo. How far?

Penguin2 , ... Your prayer was answered, he picked from DIG rank. But the plot-twist- No Mba for IG even though he picked from DIG rank. No Easterner on the whole list too.. Wahala. What have you guys done to Tinubu? grin
I saw where someone has already corrected you that the new Chief of Naval Staff, Emmanuel Ikechuckwu Ogalla, is an Igbo man from Enugu State.

Meanwhile, I think the reason Mba didn’t get the IGP job is because of the explanation that Fergie had already proffered on the matter.

Recall that Fergie said appointing anybody from either the 1992 or 1994 set would mean the retirement of the 1990 set which they might not take so easily. That’s why Egbetokun, who is their mate, was appointed which retains them in service, and equally retains Mba in service.

Remember you were of the opinion that Tinubu would go for Jitoboh who had 9 years left in service which would have retired Mba. You even argued that IGPs are usually appointed from AIGs and that Tinubu was going to appoint an AIG but i countered you that a DIG can still get the job which later happened.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Shantyken(m): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
daddytime:
Expected and about time.

Let see how the new chiefs pan out and the attendant grumblings and sabotage that might follow from perceived aggrieved parties.

Just went through the entire list and can't help but wonder if this is how Tinubu intends to unite and govern a one Nigeria?

Why is the S.S. and S.E. regions ominously missing from the list of appointments...

This isn't right at all, no matter what.

Those approved for appointment include a Cross River-born Major General, Emmanuel Akomaye Parker Undiandeye who hails from Bedia, Obudu LGA of the State will serve as Chief of Defense Intelligence. So rest
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by discusant: 10:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ironically, all the Service Chiefs retired by Tinubu are younger than Tinubu.
Tinubu is a octogenarian claiming to be 71 in a false Affidavit of age.
Mahmood Yakubu had stolen the presidential election for Tinubu but Tinubu has a very short time as president of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Shantyken(m): 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
obaidan:
Loool..I pray they succeed in helping him deliver....that customs...so needed...

Is Nuhu Ribadu stylishly on course to become the next President of Nigeria after Tinubu....

Chai u see well honestly
Either ribadu or marwa

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by olab059(m): 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
xjiggy:
The Problem with the south east is numbers. Most of the recruitment into the services come from the North, the middle belt and the south west. As small as my state Edo, we have a good number of senior officers. Even among officers, the Easterners are very few. Most Easterners are not willing to join the military and paramilitary forces. Frank Mba have to be promoted twice in 3 months to get to DIG. Everything is about numbers.

You have said it all. I don't know why some people don't see this.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by discusant: 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Baboon hurriedly wants to tell Igbos: I hate you to the last man.
But he is undoing himself, undoing the integrity of the country he pretends he loves.

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Shantyken(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Akalia:
These appointments do not reflect the idea of inclusiveness owing to the fact that the SS and SE regions were not part of the appointments. This is clearly the case of nepotism.

Those approved for appointment include a Cross River-born Major General, Emmanuel Akomaye Parker Undiandeye who hails from Bedia, Obudu LGA of the State will serve as Chief of Defense Intelligence.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by discusant: 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Baboon doesn't understand that he cannot undermine the influence of his country's 2nd largest ethnic group, the Igbo, and succeeds in apex political leadership of his country. Go to Daura and ask Buhari how far with his 5% declaration.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by olab059(m): 11:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
18wheeler:

Maj Gen C. G. Musa the new CDS is from Southern Kaduna and is Christian. He’s the immediate past Theater Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, the counter insurgency operations of the north east. From there he was appointed the Core Commander of infantry of the NA. He’s truly competent for this new appointment.

Thanks for this comment.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by fergie001: 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
lhordspy:
This is wrong. The bolded. Gambo jimeta, fmr. inspector general of police served under Babangida. Also Aliyu Isma’ila Gwarzo, a retired Assistant Inspector-General served under Shonekan and Abacha both as NSA.
I don't think Jimeta was ever NSA, Gwarzo was NSA though he came from the Police.

Gwarzo was the first Director of the newly-established SSS (as at then) before he became Police Affairs Minister and later NSA.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by osuofia2(m): 11:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
hybridblood07:
Removing the service chiefs is just too early. He would have worked with them for at least 6 months
Work with those failures, you are evil

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Tsolutionifede(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
discusant:
Baboon doesn't understand that he cannot undermine the influence of his country's 2nd largest ethnic group, the Igbo, and succeeds in apex political leadership of his country. Go to Daura and ask Buhari how far with his 5% declaration.
always making mouth, claiming to develop everywhere, stay in ur region and develop na wahala, useless people

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by BabaRamota1980: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
ganisucks:
And so it begins. After the meeting with Grey beard, Baba Lagos declared war on the cabal.

Made Ribadu the NSA chief. What an insult. A police DIG to command military generals.

I laff😅🤣😂

Act like your thinking is sophisticated sometimes. NSA does not command shit!

NSA is an intelligence hub, collating data and analyzing the data to extract actionable information.

It is traditional to give the position to someone that already had top security clearance. An AIG have security clearance, and nothing will stop military from giving more if their Commander in Chief instructs it.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by 18wheeler: 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
olab059:

Thanks for this comment.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by greatestdestiny: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Elanqy:

I am not Igbo

Ok okay.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by AngelicBeing: 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
Reflect7:

They were looking for the Igbo officers to appoint, but learnt they were all in Colombia looking for Tinubu's drug links to cartels.
Hehehe, for posting this comment, l will ask DSS to detain you in Aba for 400 years without bail tongue
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Khallicopyro: 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
Baba get balls. The type of president we need

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by senatordave1(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Penguin2:

I saw where someone has already corrected you that the new Chief of Naval Staff, Emmanuel Ikechuckwu Ogalla, is an Igbo man from Enugu State.

Meanwhile, I think the reason Mba didn’t get the IGP job is because of the explanation that Fergie had already proffered on the matter.

Recall that Fergie said appointing anybody from either the 1992 or 1994 set would mean the retirement of the 1990 set which they might not take so easily. That’s why Egbetokun, who is their mate, was appointed which retains them in service, and equally retains Mba in service.

Remember you were of the opinion that Tinubu would go for Jitoboh who had 9 years left in service which would have retired Mba. You even argued that IGPs are usually appointed from AIGs and that Tinubu was going to appoint an AIG but i countered you that a DIG can still get the job which later happened.

I also predicted that egbetokun might get it as a parting gift while they prep up someone from the dcp or cp rank.for the coas,I looked at all the yorubas esp the ones on course 38 and 39 and those that had fought Boko Haram and bandits,adesope,lagbaja,oluyede stood out
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by 18wheeler: 11:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Jagaban knows how to pick competent people for the job.

I give him credit for that!
Sure. From his track records and realistic approach to issues.

To me he’s the most prepared president I’ve seen since the return to democracy.

Truly I’ve not been his supporter, neither was I against him. I’ve been indifferent about him and his political journey, but since he won I have had this feeling that he might do well just to shame his haters (and there was no short supply of them) and he has truly met and surpassed my expectations.

He has delighted me so far. One ingredient of positive leadership is the ability to win the confidence of your followers and that he has largely achieved so far. I wish him the best sincerely.

4 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by osuofia2(m): 11:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
samonak:

They would not openly disobey Ribadu, but they would not give him full cooperation or openly set him up to discredit him and make him appear incompetent. For instance, We all witnessed how Gen Burantai, and Air Marshall Sadiq as well Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas treated Gen Moguno (NSA) who was completely sidelined in the day to day affairs of their various services. They procured military hardware and equipment without recourse to the NSA. It got so bad that Moguno had to write that damaging Memo which got leaked to the press. Imagine he wore the uniform like them, he was even their senior, but look at how he was treated! How much more a blinking police man. For those quoting AIG Ismaila Gwarzo, they fail to remember that it was a Military regime, and the office of the NSA didn't have to interface much with the military because that role was covered by the CGS and CDS.
Under Buhari everybody was god. Same won't be under Tinubu. Ribadu knows his Onion. Ribadu is your next president after Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by AngelicBeing: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
Who cares?

In less than 1 month, there seems to be a semblance of someone in-charge. Under GEJ and Buhari, firing incompetent people in office seemed like a rocket science.

For one, Tinubu has been taking decisive actions. Everything is not about politics. However I would have preferred if his mandate is not questionable.

Call it Yorubanization or whatever. During OBJ's tenure, Igbo people were everywhere in that government yet their impacts were not felt in their region. From Finance Minister, CBN Governor, Senate President, Chief of Staff to Heads of Parastatals. Buhari came with his family to the Presidency and the North still remains the epicenter of poverty in Nigeria.

I think at this time everyone should be clamouring for whatever or whoever can get the country out of shit-hole. Heck! I will support a credible monkey if it can salvage Nigeria.

By the way, Chief of Naval Staff (Rear Admiral E.A. Ogalla) is from Enugu State.

/
Muchecheche, l absolutely agree with your comments, Tinubu is firing from all cylinders, Remember that Tinubu is a progressive politician and He will eventually bring about and Revive the Entity called Nigeria, kudos to Asiwaju, The Jagaban of Nigeria wink
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by chuksanambra: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
discusant:

2nd largest?
Why not the largest. grin

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by AngelicBeing: 11:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
Creeper:
Cc: Scatterscatter

Things are about to get interesting. A Yoruba man as Chief of Army Staff (I believe he’s the first Yoruba man in the history of Nigeria to attain the position).

DIG is also a Yoruba man.

These new appointments are also interesting:

^Three Yorubas.

And this:

He’s about to go to work.

Lt General ALANI AKINRINADE was once a chief of Army staff l think under Babangida or so
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Penguin2: 11:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
senatordave1:

I also predicted that egbetokun might get it as a parting gift while they prep up someone from the dcp or cp rank.for the coas,I looked at all the yorubas esp the ones on course 38 and 39 and those that had fought Boko Haram and bandits,adesope,lagbaja,oluyede stood out

I told fergie001 that Tinubu was going to appoint a Yoruba man as COAS but he doubted me.

His argument was that Tinubu would appoint a northerner who would have hold of the army but I insisted it would be suicidal of Tinubu to hand the army to a northerner.

I do not think it’s tactical for any president to take the army away from his region. If I become the president tomorrow, my COAS might even come from my state😏.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by SonOfEl(m): 11:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
I have seen first class bigotry. Some Yorubas are FIRST CLASS hypocrites.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by senatordave1(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
Penguin2:

I told fergie001 that Tinubu was going to appoint a Yoruba man as COAS but he doubted me.

His argument was that Tinubu would appoint a northerner who would have hold of the army but I insisted it would be suicidal of Tinubu to hand the army to a northerner.

I do not think it’s tactical for any president to take the army away from his region. If I become the president tomorrow, my COAS might even come from my state😏.

Yes but put capacity as the clause.lagbaja has capacity like adeosun..well experienced.it is good an ibo is among
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Poleski: 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
Not even one Igbo was appointed. Thief*nubu's ethnic bigotry is really showing. One Nigeria my ass!
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Penguin2: 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
senatordave1:

Yes but put capacity as the clause.lagbaja has capacity like adeosun..well experienced.it is good an ibo is among
Tinubu had no choice than to appoint an Igbo man.

I’m sure the last thing he wants this early into his presidency is the noise of Igbos in ears screaming “marginalization”. Lol.

Buhari excluded the Igbos, not just in security appointments but in other areas including his utterances, but I’m sure it wasn’t as easy as he had thought it would be.

Maybe his calculation was that excluding Igbos from such appointments would break them and make them bend the knee and start supporting him but it rather heightened the antagonism of Igbos against him. He initially thought he could ignore it but I doubt if it tasted good in his mouth.

Tinubu wouldn’t want to toe same path.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by fergie001: 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
senatordave1:

Thank you, I still told him that if the person has capacity (my exact words) , no P. Taoreed is a verys enior officer.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Creeper: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Lt General ALANI AKINRINADE was once a chief of Army staff l think under Babangida or so

Thanks for the correction - I didn’t know that.

Is it the same Alani Akinrinade that ended up defeating Biafra with Alabi-Isama (I know OBJ got the credit), after Benjamin Adekunle was recalled to Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates / Traditional Marriage Of Peter Obi's Daughter, Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi / "Abiola Poisoned By Susan Rice & Vladimir Putin, CIA Poisoned Abacha" - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.