Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,283 members, 7,860,663 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police (94397 Views)

Buhari Surmons All Service Chiefs Presides Over Security Briefing / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years / BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by GVTAsiwaju(m): 4:58am On Jun 20, 2023
DeLaRue:
If you're the head of an important agency, the most dangerous hours for you are between 7pm and 9pm Monday to Thursday, and 5pm to 7pm on Fridays.

These are the times when your sacking is likely to be announced.

Baba is nocturnal.... Fashola told you guys
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Gajagojo: 5:01am On Jun 20, 2023
hybridblood07:
No sir! Please explain sir
Open another thread and invite me. Let us not derail this lovely thread
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by KdpMaster: 5:07am On Jun 20, 2023
No Yoruba man has held the position of Nigeria Customs Comptroller General since Nigeria gained independence in 1960.

This one sweet me
Now yoruba will be in charge of custom.
Nnamdi kalu said it I was like wtf.you mean since 1960 to date no Yoruba comptroller general of custom Haba.
Now Jagaba don break the jinx tongue

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Gajagojo: 5:07am On Jun 20, 2023
hybridblood07:
Because that post is meant for a retired General. I would have preferred Dambazau Bello
meant for a retired general? Because?
Like Minister of FCT is meant for Northerner??
If a civilian can be commander in Chief and a university professor can be NSA in the US why can't a civilian be NSA in Nigeria?
The job is meant for ANY BODY that will PERFORM whether they come from Amotekun or Boys Scout doesn't matter

Performance is what matters and the retired generals have NOT performed
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by allthingsgood: 5:35am On Jun 20, 2023
staga:

Opinion is not Federal Character which is enshrined in our constitution. Your opinion counts for zilch.

Ok oya go and reappoint igbo for tinubu na. Mtscheeeeeew
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Gajagojo: 5:36am On Jun 20, 2023
samonak:

They would not openly disobey Ribadu, but they would not give him full cooperation or openly set him up to discredit him and make him appear incompetent. For instance, We all witnessed how Gen Burantai, and Air Marshall Sadiq as well Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas treated Gen Moguno (NSA) who was completely sidelined in the day to day affairs of their various services. They procured military hardware and equipment without recourse to the NSA. It got so bad that Moguno had to write that damaging Memo which got leaked to the press. Imagine he wore the uniform like them, he was even their senior, but look at how he was treated! How much more a blinking police man. For those quoting AIG Ismaila Gwarzo, they fail to remember that it was a Military regime, and the office of the NSA didn't have to interface much with the military because that role was covered by the CGS and CDS.
Total *#-;%
a civilian is commander in Chief.

Was it not in this same Nigeria that generals were bowing for a Sergeant.Roger
Any sabotage is a reflection of the competence of the commander in chief
They may have disrespected Monguno because Buhari tolerated it.

He did not sack any of them and even the IG Kpotum disobeyed him.
The US military is an elephant compared to the Nigerian military.
They are totally subordinate to civilian authority. Civilian NSAs and Defence Secretary
If that is not The case,don't pretend to be a democracy
The excesses of the Nigerian generals is down to the commander in chief.
All he needs to do is sack one person let it be known why he Was sacked.
In appointing a replacement interview him and ask him
Can you work with a civilian NSA

That should be a condition of appointment.I
Interview 4 generals
Ask them in writing
How can you work effectively with a female NSA ?
How can you work effectively with a civilian NSA
and get a written response. That should help understand your candidates

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by allthingsgood: 5:36am On Jun 20, 2023
pacesetting:
Because they didn't vote Tinubu? You mean all regions should have voted Tinubu in a democracy? But it's okay to take resources from a certain region for the entire nation right?

I love what is happening. This APC govt is unknowingly uniting the SE and even empowering them.

Nobody cares.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by relaxandsmile: 5:36am On Jun 20, 2023
daddytime:
Expected and about time.

Let see how the new chiefs pan out and the attendant grumblings and sabotage that might follow from perceived aggrieved parties.

Just went through the entire list and can't help but wonder if this is how Tinubu intends to unite and govern a one Nigeria?

Why is the S.S. and S.E. regions ominously missing from the list of appointments...

This isn't right at all, no matter what.
Akpabio, the third in hierarchy in this administration is from the South-South.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Gaabasky: 6:04am On Jun 20, 2023
1 Mallam Nuhu Ribadu National Security Adviser (North-Adamawa)
2 Maj. Gen. C.G Musa Chief of Defence Staff (North)
3 Maj.Gen. Taoreed Abiodun Lagbaja Chief of Army Staff (South West)
4 Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla Chief of Naval Staff (South East-Enugu)
5 AVM H.B Abubakar Chief of Air Staff (North)
6 DIG Kayode Egbetokun Acting Inspector-General of Police (South West)
7 Maj. Gen. EPA Undiandeye Chief of Defense Intelligence (South South- Obudu Cross River state)
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by MeineMutter: 6:12am On Jun 20, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

I wanted to say it was about time then I noticed these "interesting specimens" in the list:

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu - National Security Adviser
AVM H.B AbubakarChief of Air Staff
1Maj. Isa Farouk Audu
(N/14695)Commanding Officer State House Artillery
5Lt. A. Aminu (N/18578)Second-in- Command, State House Armament

Curiously absent from these key sensitive security positions are any South-south names, Igbo names or even Christian Middle Belt names.

Hmmm....I was hoping Tinubu will go beyond the usual Arewa appeaser in Chief vomit!!

You want to end Terrorism on innocent farmers and yet you put these same people who will secretly back Terrorist to kill the same farmers?

My goodness Mr. Tinubu...

It is not only in Benue that farmers are being k.11led. Benue people should look inward.
It is more of Benue state’s internal political crisis than a national one.

I guess some people didn’t want Ortom to succeed, even though he too was not ready to succeed.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Sikechukwu81(m): 6:17am On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:
And so it begins. After the meeting with Grey beard, Baba Lagos declared war on the cabal.

Made Ribadu the NSA chief. What an insult. A police DIG to command military generals.

I laff😅🤣😂

Why will you call a National Security Adviser the Commander of service chiefs oga??

grin
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Sikechukwu81(m): 6:20am On Jun 20, 2023
President Tinubu is trying something new to bring back some level of trust! But there’s lope holes here snd there. I pray he sees it on time grin

Commendable though!
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by lexy2014: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2023
decatalyst:
Baba don flush and bring in new goons to the helm.

I think his appointments are faster than when Buhari came on board.

Baba is not hitting the ground running, he is flying ooo

the appointment of new service chiefs is a normal thing since 1999. previous presidents did theirs immediately after swearing in. so I dont understand what you mean by he is not hitting the ground running, he is flying
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by lexy2014: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2023
Sikechukwu81:
President Tinubu is trying something new to bring back some level of trust! But there’s lope holes here snd there. I pray he sees it on time grin

Commendable though!

in what way

what is special about these appointments
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by kayjay69(m): 6:39am On Jun 20, 2023
The South West people will benefit next to nothing under Tinubu.

It is the people who hail from SW and are close to the corridors of powers that will benefit. The average South westerner will not benefit one thing. Whatever projects this government manages to undertake in the South West, I am almost certain it will be paid for by South Westerners one way or the other, you can carve these words in stone somewhere. The only glory that has come is that of Tinubu and those loyal to him.

It is the turn of Tinubu and his gang, Nigerians will be the biggest losers as it was under Buhari and virtually all previous past administrations.
honeyB2018:

I have no doubt in my mind, that it will go this way. In the last 8 Yrs everything about the military, has always been between the North and the South West. I don't envy the people of South West, it's your time, enjoy and make the best use of it.
Where's Wike, who cried for fairness equity and justice? Hope he's getting it now.
I definitely believe that the table will turn
Egbetobi, who was Tinubu's man in Lagos State, is now the new I G.
I congratulate the South West people. Your days of glory has come, while it lasts, enjoy it, when it works against you tomorrow don't complain.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by lexy2014: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2023
J3susFr3ak:

I wanted to say it was about time then I noticed these "interesting specimens" in the list:

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu - National Security Adviser
AVM H.B AbubakarChief of Air Staff
1Maj. Isa Farouk Audu
(N/14695)Commanding Officer State House Artillery
5Lt. A. Aminu (N/18578)Second-in- Command, State House Armament

Curiously absent from these key sensitive security positions are any South-south names, Igbo names or even Christian Middle Belt names.

Hmmm....I was hoping Tinubu will go beyond the usual Arewa appeaser in Chief vomit!!

You want to end Terrorism on innocent farmers and yet you put these same people who will secretly back Terrorist to kill the same farmers?

My goodness Mr. Tinubu...

your argument has no basis. what have Maj. Isa Farouk Audu (N/14695)Commanding Officer State House Artillery and Lt. A. Aminu (N/18578)Second-in- Command, State House Armament got to do with fighting terrorism?
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 20, 2023
Iceberg3:
A yoruba man as Comptroller general of Customs!!!?
A southerner!!!
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
This is very commendable!

This is a bad news to the IBOs. The IBO prefers any appointment going to Yoruba to be returned back to Fulani. If no be IBO make e kuku go North, that is their logic.

Senator Francis Fadahunsi was an ACG under Obasanjo. He was supposed to have been made the CG of Customs but the CG was very humane. Obasanjo penciled down Senator Francis Fadahunsi as the next CG of Customs. Yaradua came and retired him and appointed another person as CG. That is how they have been retiring them.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

your argument has no basis. what have Maj. Isa Farouk Audu (N/14695)Commanding Officer State House Artillery and Lt. A. Aminu (N/18578)Second-in- Command, State House Armament got to do with fighting terrorism?

The mistake is from Dele Alake being a Civilian. All those appointments of Commander, Guards Brigade and other security detachments at State House, Gwagwalada, Suleja, etc are not political appointments. They are not supposed to be released to press. They are purely regimental appointments made by C in C for personal security purposes.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by demmie1: 7:05am On Jun 20, 2023
Elanqy:
I wonder if there is no Igbo Snr officer.
I can mostly see Yoruba and Hausa names.
You blind
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by lexy2014: 7:06am On Jun 20, 2023
babaolofin:

The mistake is from Dele Alake being a Civilian. All those appointments of Commander, Guards Brigade and other security detachments at State House, Gwagwalada, Suleja, etc are not political appointments. They are not supposed to be released to press. They are purely regimental appointments made by C in C for personal security purposes.

i dont get you. what has dele alake being a civilian got to do with his releasing the names of security officers at aso villa?

if the names of service chiefs were made public, wetin de brigade of guards commanders names that wont be made public?
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Tzar(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2023
Mazi Jagaban!

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by demmie1: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2023
Akalia:
These appointments do not reflect the idea of inclusiveness owing to the fact that the SS and SE regions were not part of the appointments. This is clearly the case of nepotism.
Greedy people, have you seen any north Central there? Why is nobody talking about north Central
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by demmie1: 7:16am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

i dont get you. what has dele alake being a civilian got to do with his releasing the names of security officers at aso villa?

if the names of service chiefs were made public, wetin de brigade of guards commanders names that wont be made public?
It doesn't matter, brigade of guards commanders are purely personal appointment, if you like you can choose your son to be their commander, it's about who you trust.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by lexy2014: 7:27am On Jun 20, 2023
demmie1:

It doesn't matter, brigade of guards commanders are purely personal appointment, if you like you can choose your son to be their commander, it's about who you trust.

where did i say it isnt about trust? what has what you said go to do with the questions I asked?

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2023
seunmsg:
This is massive. Maj Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja becomes the second Yoruba man after Gen. Alani Ipoola Akinrinade to command the Nigeria Army.

Nuhu Ribadu becomes the National Security Adviser to the President despite not having a military intelligence background. Where is Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ogalla from?
He is From Enugu state
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

They are not brigade of guards commanders as written above by you. There is only one Commander, Guard Brigade.

All those appointments are not political positions. Social media propaganda people would not understand. They are appointments that can be released by signals to those appointed.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by lexy2014: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2023
babaolofin:

They are not brigade of guards commanders as written above by you. There is only one Commander, Guard Brigade.

All those appointments are not political positions. Social media propaganda people would not understand. They are appointments that can be released by signals to those consigned.

whether they are one or 15, how does that answer the questions

what has dele alake being a civilian got to do with his releasing the names of security officers at aso villa?

if the names of service chiefs were made public, wetin de brigade of guards commanders name that wont be made public?
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by JOemmy(m): 7:54am On Jun 20, 2023
domDva:
Ribadu is intelligent and will definitely do his best.

I’m sure people are already checking regional spread and not necessarily the competence of the appointees .

Will he continue the Buhari pattern of shutting out SE in security architecture Name and regional checkers over to you .

Power in Nigeria na really turn by turn , Yoruba ronu, it is the turn of the Yorubas lolll

Everyone should be calming down , for the Igbo haters already jubilating kindly note that Chief of Naval staff is Emmanuel ikechukwu Ogalla from Enugu State.

They are saying he is actually from kogi state.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

whether they are one or 15, how does that answer the questions

what has dele alake being a civilian got to do with his releasing the names of security officers at aso villa?

if the names of service chiefs were made public, wetin de brigade of guards commanders name that wont be made public?

Mr man, you can continue asking irrelevant question. What I said is understood by those who know about it. I will not answer you again.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by lexy2014: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2023
babaolofin:

Mr man, you can continue asking irrelevant question. What I said is understood by those who know about it. I will not answer you again.

if the questions were irrelevant, why then did were you trying to answer them

what has "social media propaganda people" go to do with the questions i asked you? who asked you about that?

why did signals not release the names of the military service chiefs?

was it signals that made the military appointments or tinubu?
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Hotwest: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2023
Give igbos sense of belonging na
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Penguin2: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2023
babaolofin:

When did Abiola made that statement? Was it after the IBOs rejected him or when he was not contesting for Presidency?

The IBOs did not forgive Obasanjo. It was because they have no choice. Alex Ekwueme supported by the IBOs created tension in Nigeria before the PDP primary for the 1999 election despite the North decision to allow OBJ to rule. Obasanjo was the only sitting President that participated in Primary for second term against Ekwueme. At the National Assembly, they are always in opposition to Yoruba cause.

It is now Obasanjo becomes god to the IBOs to challenge Tinubu. Without Okupe, Adebanjo and Obasanjo, OBI cannot get to where he is today.

I am not speaking from afar, I am speaking from personal experience. The IBOs can never support the Yoruba cause.
If the Igbos had no choice in 1999, what about 2003 that Buhari had an Igbo running mate?

Why didn’t the Igbos choose Buhari over Obasanjo since, according to you, the Igbos hate Yorubas and never forgave Obasanjo?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Of Peter Obi's Daughter, Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi / "Lagos Is For Peter Obi" Banner Removed - Photos / Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.