Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? (795 Views)

Man Strips At Big Brother Naija Audition After Being Tired Of Waiting / List Of DSTV Nigeria Customer Care Phone Number & Email Address / Turn Your Ordinary Tv To A Smart Tv Using Ip10g Android Smart Tv Dongle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by tonytony208(m): 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
Due to rise in DSTV subscription charges, I'm considering opting for Netflix.

Please, how can I go about it?

How can I connect my smartphone to an ordinary flat screen TV?

The TV has HDMI port.
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by SamuelLoch: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
tonytony208:

The TV has HDMI port.
Buy AnyCast/Miracast to cast from your phone to your TV.
Alternatively, you can buy an Android TV box. You cab search for Amazon Firestick
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by tonytony208(m): 3:30am On Jun 20, 2023
SamuelLoch:

Buy AnyCast/Miracast to cast from your phone to your TV.
Alternatively, you can buy an Android TV box. You cab search for Amazon Firestick

Can I alternatively use HDMI cable to connect tv with my phone?
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by descarado: 3:35am On Jun 20, 2023
TV of nowadays have Netflix app already installed.
Download and install netfix app. Sign in or create an account. There you have it.
Alternatively you can stream through roku( some TV have roku) firebox or even Google.
Check the net for best option.
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by tonytony208(m): 7:46am On Jun 20, 2023
descarado:
TV of nowadays have Netflix app already installed.
Download and install netfix app. Sign in or create an account. There you have it.
Alternatively you can stream through roku( some TV have roku) firebox or even Google.
Check the net for best option.

Not all TVs of nowadays are smart TVs.

And my tv is not TV of nowadays.
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by SamuelLoch: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2023
tonytony208:

Can I alternatively use HDMI cable to connect tv with my phone?

Not all phones have this feature.
You can just buy the anycast or similar. Maybe N3k
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by tonytony208(m): 9:59am On Jun 20, 2023
SamuelLoch:

Not all phones have this feature.
You can just buy the anycast or similar. Maybe N3k

Thank you for the update
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by descarado: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
tonytony208:

Not all TVs of nowadays are smart TVs.

And my tv is not TV of nowadays.
You are too quick to attack my post without assimilating what I wrote.
My second sentence is for TV that don't have netfix already installed.
SMH.

So hasty that common thank you was hard to one out of your mouth.
Na me carry myself come.
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by timiade446(m): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
tonytony208:

The TV has HDMI port.

You have to cast it to the tv

Is there WiFi on your tv?
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by Whois(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Get an android TV box. wink
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by tonytony208(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2023
timiade446:

You have to cast it to the tv

Is there WiFi on your tv?

No, no WiFi. It's one of these ancient flat screen TVs. grin
Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by Jicqueville: 7:07am On Jul 06, 2023
Whois:
Get an android TV box. wink

*Turn your TV to a Smart TV*
*Better than DSTV, GOTV & STARTIMES.*
*No Subscription required*
*Play movies from your flash drive ( support up to 2TB)*
*Limited stock available*

Xiaomi TV Box S 2nd Gen ( Global Version )
Hardware ------------- Quad-core Cortex-A55 (2G Hz), GPU Mali G31 MP2,2GB DDR3 RAM,8GB eMMC Flash
System ---------------- Android

Operation System -- Google TV/Smart home control hub with Google Assistant/Content first Ul with recommendations/Google Play access/Chromecast built-in
Wireless --------------- Wifi,Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz,bluetooth 5.2
Other ------------------- Remote:Bluetooth remote with voice recognition

Price ₦65,000 (negotiable)
WhatsApp only 08168934480

Re: Tired Of DSTV. How Can I View Netflix On Ordinary TV? by samsard(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
tonytony208:

The TV has HDMI port.
Buy a "Chromecast with Google TV" dongle. It'll enable you to use smart features.
Check Jumia for it or anywhere they sell things like that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Of The Big Brother Shows Would Be Most Watched / Nairalander Have U Heard / Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.