Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? (10077 Views)

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / First Born Like Us, Na Responsibilities Dey Rush Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Evestar200(f): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
Dear Firstborn Daughters,

Have you ever felt you had more responsibilities than your siblings? Are you expected to serve as a role model? And what have been your greatest challenges or achievements as a firstborn daughter in the African household?

It has not been easy for me, I almost fall into depression one time because of too many expenses.

People will be seeing me as a big girl because of my salary but in reality that money will only be in my account within 10 days of payment and I will have to manage the little one that remains till the next payment.

One day I sit myself down, talk sense into myself and removed two of my brothers from my budget.

As for now, the only people am responsible for are my Mom and our last born.

My neighbours in School then and friends will be saying I want to be like you, I will always warn them not to wish for that because of the money I received, they can't manage what I am passing through.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by RoadMozart(m): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
You should throw it to first sons too. We're humans too na

13 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Evestar200(f): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
RoadMozart:
You should throw it to first sons too. We're humans too na

cheesy cheesy that will be a topic for another day, let's hear from the first Born Daughters first.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Cassandraloius: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
First of all as a first daughter, you're automatically the mother/second mother of the house, although some siblings don't depend on their first especially when thier parents are financially stable, but a situation whereby the first child is well to do, and sapa is the surname of that family, both the parents and the other siblings will be expecting alot from that first child, whether male/female.

Visit my profile and check out my signature. wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by texannaija: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Evestar200:

cheesy cheesy that will be a topic for another day, let's hear from the first Born Daughters first.

Make we see if you fellow “first born daughters” go share with us ooo!!!.. We dey wait!.
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Beremx(f): 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
I am the first born daughter of my family. I do as my hand reach. I cannot kill myself

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Evestar200(f): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
texannaija:

Make we see if you fellow “first born daughters” go share with us ooo!!!.. We dey wait!.
have shared mine cheesy cheesy
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by texannaija: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
Evestar200:
have shared mine cheesy cheesy

Your fellow i stated….
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Nazgul: 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
The only people I pity are their husbands. Cos they'll spend their entire life feeding and training her siblings. And if they're like 8 or 10 and she's the first daughter, the husband go hear am.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by folake4u(f): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Beremx:
I am the first born daughter of my family. I do as my hand reach. I cannot kill myself

And that's on period! cool
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by VTJN(m): 5:05am On Jun 20, 2023
Cassandraloius:
First of all as a first daughter, you're automatically the mother/second mother of the house, although some siblings don't depend on their first especially when thier parents are financially stable, but a situation whereby the first child is well to do, and sapa is the surname of that family, both the parents and the other siblings will be expecting alot from that first child, whether male/female.

Visit my profile and check out my signature. wink
any child that has money from a poor family become the hero, parents, and well respected above every other child

You automatically earn respect with money. You have the final say in the family even if you are the last born.

Bible wasn't wrong saying, money answereth ALL things

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Cassandraloius: 7:28am On Jun 20, 2023
VTJN:
any child that has money from a poor family become the hero, parents, and well respected above every other child

You automatically earn respect with money. You have the final say in the family even if you are the last born.

Bible wasn't wrong saying, money answereth ALL things

Exactly!
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Godwin4444: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2023
Evestar200:
Dear Firstborn Daughters,

Have you ever felt you had more responsibilities than your siblings? Are you expected to serve as a role model? And what have been your greatest challenges or achievements as a firstborn daughter in the African household?

It has not been easy for me, I almost fall into depression one time because of too many expenses.

People will be seeing me as a big girl because of my salary but in reality that money will only be in my account within 10 days of payment and I will have to manage the little one that remains till the next payment.

One day I sit myself down, talk sense into myself and removed two of my brothers from my budget.

As for now, the only people am responsible for are my Mom and our last born.

My neighbours in School then and friends will be saying I want to be like you, I will always warn them not to wish for that because of the money I received, they can't manage what I am passing through.

only first born from poor family suffer, for my family nobody dey call anyone for money

Na during birthday I even dey send money to my siblings kids

The idea of first born suffering is only applicable to poor families

No cap

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Heroicvic(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
I'm the first son
I haven't achieved anything
I'm 20+ and sad

You guys won't understand

5 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Efna55: 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
I'm the 5th child, let's listen to first born..

Mainwhile check my profile and thank me later.. Premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by mariovito(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dr
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by drinkgarri: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
Let me be sipping my 50yrs old whiskey and lesson to some lies
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Domistar5(f): 3:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
Am Last born. Let me sit down and Learn for the sake of my future daughter.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Domainer1999: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
Change the title to include first born son's also to receive more replies.
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Promicah: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
I am a firstborn son and Paying my two younger ones' school fees from the little Uber job. But now my car is spoilt and I can't pay their current fees of 32k together. I just look at them sitting at home and I feel sad. My biggest achievement is about to turn me around but I trust God to intervene.

10 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Kobicove(m): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
grin
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Sososo(f): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
Please pass the popcorn let's chew and await the first born daughters 🍿🍿
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by Kobicove(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Godwin4444:
only first born from poor family suffer, for my family nobody dey call anyone for money

Na during birthday I even dey send money to my siblings kids

The idea of first born suffering is only applicable to poor families

No cap

Yes, especially in families where the parents expect the first born to train the other siblings in school undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by alphaconde(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
first born is such a scam.

sometimes i look at my first son how i demand more from him just because he is first.

i ask myself what wrong did he even do because the responsibility is really much.

in anyway that's gradually shaping his character and that's where i like it.

been first is a good way to learn responsibility.

9 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by kings59: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nothing like first born. It's first child.

There are also, the youngest daughter of...

Or

The oldest daughter of ....

7 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge And Achievement As A First Born Daughter? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
T

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! I Slept With My Brother''s Wife / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? / List Of Animals That Have Gone Extinct In Our Lifetime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.