Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser (55923 Views)

How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? / President Buhari Commissions The New Office Of National Security Adviser. Photos / Wedding Of Mahmud Nuhu Ribadu & Amina Aliyu Ismaila (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by bdon12: 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Zico5:
At times, I wonder what these people from that side want. You dont want the president but u want his juicy positions. I wonder how they all reason. These are service chiefs who will be in charge of security and it's not possible to appoint those that hate him into very sensitive positions like this. Tinubu is a very sensible person who has prepared well for this position.
Is d coas a politician?or wat are u saying?so if a region dont vote a president ,then naturally no appointment should come frm there?
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Judolisco(m): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Beremx:
The military should go to hell if they're not happy about Nuhu Ribadu becoming the NSA. After all, a military man was head of Customs who was appointed by Buhari. Custom people didn't cry foul.
If they're not happy about Nuhu Ribadu being their new Boss, they should go to court!! grin

Congratulations Sir, an appointment well deserved
oga all dis stuffs r political roles.... Kwankwaso was appointed minister of defence by obasanjo... Was kwankwaso a military man? He no even get military experience at all.... Wetin concern CDS or COAS with NSA?

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by backtovillage: 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
gfelo:
You must be a bloody police officer, if they appoint your subordinate as a head over you how will you feel there will be a tuzzle between you and ur subordinate, Tinubu dont want a smooth administration, mark this we are going to have crisis between them, watch out, he was given wrong advice, the military is more than what you think.

Oga nobody is superior here. Police is more relevant in the internal security of any country.

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by thesicilian: 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
aestake:

Na so una Tok of Buhari o
I wasn't politically aware then when Buhari first ruled, so I don't have any objective opinion about that. But I saw first hand how Ribadu handled his role as EFCC chairman and it was highly commendable. I hope he hasn't changed with age.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Oakenshield: 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
Beremx:
The military should go to hell if they're not happy about Nuhu Ribadu becoming the NSA. After all, a military man was head of Customs who was appointed by Buhari. Custom people didn't cry foul.
If they're not happy about Nuhu Ribadu being their new Boss, they should go to court!! grin

military doesn't report to NSA but President directly and Ribadu knows he can't misbehave around them.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Indispensable85(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
Since when military man be NSA wetin we achieve? Any pim na firing no time.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by osuofia2(m): 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
gfelo:
You must be a bloody police officer, if they appoint your subordinate as a head over you how will you feel there will be a tuzzle between you and ur subordinate, Tinubu dont want a smooth administration, mark this we are going to have crisis between them, watch out, he was given wrong advice, the military is more than what you think.

Stop saying shitss, military this and that. Make we hear word. Dansuki,Monguno were military officers even Buhari what really changed in security situation. Are you more concerned about military heading the NSA or securing Nigeria. FYI, the military are loyal to bat and Ribadu will be advising him on that. Do any how and get booted out. A civilian can even be appointed as NSA. Ribadu is a no nonsense nigga. Remember his days in efcc
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by richie240: 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
Biko, advise ur bloda (amongst those appointed) to gently reject the appointment if he knows he can't take order from ribadu....most esp if he hails from d part of naija notorious for insurbodination and belligerence.

Appointment nor be by force o.
I don't want u To be disturbing our peace with "he was fired bcus he's our 'bloda' o", ehn-ehn!
cool
Maga123:
Hmmm this is going to be a serious problem because the army generals i know can't respect a police officer who doesn't know the secret of this country

gfelo:

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by chuksanambra: 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
gfelo:

The NSA advises the President, not the military. He advises the President and the President as C in C gives order to the military.
Ismaila Gwarzo was a Policeman, first DG DSS and NSA to Abacha. He knew how to handle your type under Abacha.
If them born you and your type well, don't take command from the C in C.

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by gfelo(m): 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
Lets keep watching boss

osuofia2:

Stop saying shitss, military this and that. Make we hear word. Dansuki,Monguno were military officers even Buhari what really changed in security situation. Are you more concerned about military heading the NSA or securing Nigeria. FYI, the military are loyal to bat and Ribadu will be advising him on that. Do any how and get booted out. A civilian can even be appointed as NSA. Ribadu is a no nonsense nigga. Remember his days in efcc
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by gfelo(m): 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
Thats what it is, why police not called to handle boko boys if they are that important, we all witness what transpire during endsars but police cant curb it.

backtovillage:

Oga nobody is superior here. Police is more relevant in the internal security of any country.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by anonymous1759(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
gfelo:

Yet they can’t end insecurity for over a decade Abeg Make we hear word the military are not intelligent when it comes to intel police are far better even in developed countries their military rely on their special security agencies on intel to proceed with combat only in Nigeria they claim to know everything when they’re actually empty if they don’t want to comply other officers will do the job.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Ofunaofu: 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Zico5:
At times, I wonder what these people from that side want. You dont want the president but u want his juicy positions. I wonder how they all reason. These are service chiefs who will be in charge of security and it's not possible to appoint those that hate him into very sensitive positions like this. Tinubu is a very sensible person who has prepared well for this position.

Who are these people from that side you are referring to
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Timmi: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
KingAzubuike:
Lol tumlubu is so clueless. Appointing someone with zero security background as NSA is a massive joke.

Is that not the way you appointed your Ezes and Odogwus for your village. No iota of character and integrity, yet the person becomes your king and master. Keep on wailing and continue for the next 8-years.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by GOVERNORR: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
Is it National Security Adviser NSA or Special Adviser on Security?

I thought he sought permission to appoint Special Advisers and not the NSA
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Paruz1015(m): 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
KingAzubuike:
Lol tumlubu is so clueless. Appointing someone with zero security background as NSA is a massive joke.

Is a policeman not from a security background, what are you talking about. Someone who rose to the position of AIG, top boss of EFCC, what security background are you looking for again. You think NSA is showing combat skills and what have you. NSA is strategy, gathering and analysis of intelligence, security management etc.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by osuofia2(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
gfelo:
Lets keep watching boss

Let's watch.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by backtovillage: 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
gfelo:
Thats what it is, why police not called to handle boko boys if they are that important, we all witness what transpire during endsars but police cant curb it.

Is it the police's fault that heavy machine gun is smuggled into d country.
Nigeria police degraded long time ago and the military can never replace police force even in advanced country.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by NaijaCowFarm: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
Beremx:

No make the khakhi boys vex ooo! Army no send any bloody civilian ooo!

A fragile and illegitimate government needed to thread softly to avoid stories that touch the heart.

If you know, you know.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by ghettochild4u(m): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
How much?
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Godsplan89: 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
KingAzubuike:
na clown u be, mumu
He was an Aig of police, he served as the pioneer efcc chairman.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by loswhite(m): 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
LegendHero:

But the guy was formerly a police officer?

Do you mean policemen have zero security background?
Why waste your comment on clowns that type from their kitchen?

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by loswhite(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Beremx:
it's actually the first time the military is whining about it
A military that has failed to stop banditry has no right to whining.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Namigotalktru: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
They should have given him what he knows small. Police affairs, justice or interior at most. This na one chance. That’s the truth.

I am hoping that the people they will pick know their work o. Hmmmmm. This is how Buhari taught us sense picking people because they dance around him instead of that they are known performers in their field.

So far fear don dey catch some of us that campaigned for APC. God help us.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by discusant: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nuhu Ribadu served Obasanjo administration. It's 23 years ago.
He is usurping the opportunity of his offsprings in politics of Nigeria. Just as Tinubu's usurping the opportunity of his grandchildren in the politics of Nigeria 🇳🇬.
Recycling the same old people in Nigeria's politics has made the country the poverty capital of the world and one of the most terrorised countries on earth.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ellasure:

Nigeria can be focused now on what to do to get improvement in every sectors of the Nigerian economic and political power.

Mr Nuhu Ribadu is a dedicated Nigerian and will surely live up to expectations. the man even has international good reputation. he is one of a kind.

Concur 100%. I am hopeful Nigerians will smile again. Senseless killings and execution of innocent Nigerians must stop. I know Ribadu will surely give his best.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by alcuin(m): 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Maga123:
Hmmm this is going to be a serious problem because the army generals i know can't respect a police officer who doesn't know the secret of this country

If they can respect the president who is not a military officer then they can respect anyone the president appoints.

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by JohnBullMySon: 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Zico5:
What are you talking about

Literally no one "from that side" is complaining about Ribadu.
Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
mjuvey3:
Though I might not like the fact that Nuhu ribadu,a police officer is the new NSA ,he's going to perform wonderfully well.

He's well experienced and blunt..... Though he might be at loggerheads with the ever corrupt military under him.

This is a very good point you make. Ribadu's only issue is that he is uncompromising and can drag anyone however highly placed. This is why several Presidents have avoided him since he worked for OBJ.

Tinubu will surely support him to work but I think Ribadu will be more effective today if he can add a little diplomacy to his methods.

He survived many assassination attempt from corrupt Nigerians, as EFCC boss, but terrorists, bandits and savage militias are a different matter entirely.

He is a quick learner though and fearless. I am hopeful he will make.Nigeria much safer.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser by Agent17th: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
siofragspot:
Yea we know Nunu

He was a DIG of police with loads of experience

Cry me a river...tongue

AIG not DIG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Donald Trump Reacts To Mubi, Mosque Bomb Blast In Adamawa State / How My Journey To UK For A Job Turned To Organ Harvesting- Davido Nwamini Narrat / Police Arrest Dino Melaye's Doctor Who Treated Him At Zankli Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.