Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG (46172 Views)

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over / 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2023
President Bola Tinubu on Monday appointed DCG Adewale Bashir Adeniyi as the new acting Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS).

Adeniyi was appointed alongside new service chiefs that will take over the security affairs of Nigeria.

Daily Trust idemtifies seven things about the new man at the helm of Nigeria Customs Affairs.

1. Adeniyi joined the Nigeria Customs Service over 30yrs ago.

2. He holds a Bachelor of Science in International Relations from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in June 1987 and Master of Arts in Communication Science in November 2013 from the Universitaire Svizzera D’Italiana (USI) – Lugano—Switzerland.

3. He was Commandant of the Nigeria Customs Command and Staff College Gwagwalada, Abuja.

4. He was the longest serving National Public Relations Officer of Customs from June 2003 to May 2011.

5. He won the Comptroller-General of Customs Award for seizure of $8,065,612 million cash at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, January 2020.

6. He is currently Vice President of the Governing Council of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (FNIPR).

7. He was Conferred with the National Honour of Member of the Order of Federal Republic (MFR) by former President Muhammadu Buhari in October 2022.

Before his appointment as acting Comptroller, Adeniyi was a Deputy Comptroller General of Customs.

https://dailytrust.com/seven-things-about-adeniyi-acting-customs-cg-who-seized-8m-at-lagos-airport/

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 20, 2023
My own be say let these appointments reflect in a common man on the street to see brightness again in this country. We have stayed long in the dark.
I have given up long time ago on this country. It will take me next 2 years for me personally to access this new government may be they can prove that they are totally different from the rest and God sent. I know tinubu as a bright mind, I know femi gbajabiamila won't want to fail too. They will want to right the wrong that has kept the country into bondages for long though they are not close to being saint either. But let the common man feel the impact. Stop all those jihadists that have displaced people from their native lands. Revolutionalize agricultural sectors and let there be mechanized and advanced farming system s, build refineries and decentralise many monopolies operated by many individuals. Let the poor have a new breath again. Let her citizens see hope in this country again.
May God take control of the situation.
Time will tell
#letthepoorbreathe

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by yinkus6750(m): 7:29am On Jun 20, 2023
Hope he continues the reforms in the sector.
We all know how corrupt the sector is.
That was why PMB appointed a non officer to head them.
All the new appointments seems very fit and okay

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by inoki247: 7:30am On Jun 20, 2023
Make dem go open Border first and sack all doz corrupt entity in southern Border....

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by accordadoga28(f): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2023
Ashiwaju keeps giving me Joy.

He is not going to disappoint us. He has done it before and he is doing it again.

God bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu - the butcher of the pigs

Welcome to a NEW NIGERIA

Agbadocassava:

The way you guys keep hating eh, is it an inborn?

LET THE PIGS GRUNT. DON'T SUFFOCATE THEM

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by seunmsg(m): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2023
His appointment is a big relieve to Customs. Finally, the era of military guys running the affairs of Customs is over.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 20, 2023
seunmsg:
His appointment is a big relieve to Customs. Finally, the era of military guys running the affairs of Customs is over.
Wait o, na military been running them since? That's very ridiculous. All these sectors need serious flushing. If you don't perform even within 6 months, boot them out. That's what I expect of tinubu administration.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by lazkizz(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2023
grin grin

I dedicate “Rich Spirit” by Kendrick Lamar to Aşiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Great jam!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by Cassandraloius: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2023
We are still watching.
Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by dyera(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2023
Before his appointment as acting Comptroller, Adeniyi was a Deputy Comptroller General of Customs.

There is nothing to be enthusiastic about deputy comptroller general becoming the comptroller general. The same old corrupt senior officers increasing in rank would not change anything.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by eedimo(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2023
Initial gra gra

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by Agbadocassava: 8:30am On Jun 20, 2023
eedimo:
Initial gra gra

The way you guys keep hating eh, is it an inborn?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by nairalanda1(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2023
seunmsg:

Hamed Ali was the first millitary guy to run customs...all his predecessors were Customs men.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by Streetdoctor: 8:31am On Jun 20, 2023
priceactionx:
My own be say let this appointments reflect in a common man on the street to see brightness again in this country. We have stayed long in the dark.
I have given up long time ago on this country. It will take me next 2 years for me personally to access this new government may be they can prove that they are totally different from the rest and God sent. I know tinubu as a bright mind, I know femi gbajabiamila won't want to fail too. They will want to right the wrong that has kept the country in to bondages for long though they are not close to being saint . But let the common man feel the impact. Stop all those jihadists that have displaced people from their native lands. Revolutionalize agricultural sector and let their be mechanized and advance farming, build refineries and decentralise many monopolies. Let the poor have a new breath again. Let her citizens see hope in this country again.
May God take control of the situation.
Time will tell
#letthepoorbreathe

Let me break down d increment of diesel by 7.5% and electricity by 40%
Diesel is being sold at 650 on average. 7.5 ÷100 =0.075
0.075 × 650 (current price of diesel) = 48.75
What this means is that a liter of diesel has being added by 48.75
So calculate 650 + 48.75 = 698.75. That's in average
So diesel would selling at 698.75 on average

As for d electricity
40% increment ÷ 100 = 0.4 × 49.26 per unit of electricity = 19.704 increment
So therefore, 49.26 + 19.704 = 68.964 per unit starting from July 1, 2023
Nigerians should be ready for d worst of it all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by jmoore(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2023
It is not by seizing 8 million dollars. Abba Kyari was hailed as super cop until his yahoo business link was discovered.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by DBossNG(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2023
grin
Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by lexy2014: 8:31am On Jun 20, 2023
yinkus6750:
Hope he continues the reforms in the sector.
We all know how corrupt the sector is.
That was why PMB appointed a non officer to head them.
All the new appointments seems very fit and okay

which reforms was ongoing that he is going to continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by stunnert(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2023
I've been following his career advancements, all I can say is Tinubu knows how to pick the best talents for the job. How he identifies and single them out from the crowd is a mystery

19 Likes

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by eedimo(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2023
Initial gra gra

Wishing them the best though.
Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by AfonjaConehead: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2023
accordadoga28:

He is not going to disappoint us. He has done it before and he is doing it again.

God bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu - the butcher of all the pigs in my family
Welcome to a NEW NIGERIA
Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by SpatialKing(m): 8:32am On Jun 20, 2023
accordadoga28:

God bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu - the butcher of the pigs.

Welcome to a NEW NIGERIA

Because he is appointing Yorubas?
Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by lexy2014: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2023
accordadoga28:

God bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu - the butcher of the pigs.

Welcome to a NEW NIGERIA

what is new about this nigeria?

what has tinubu done before that he is doing again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by adecz: 8:33am On Jun 20, 2023
undecided

The damage Buhari did this country
will take exactly 25 years to correct if
this country still exists by 2048❗️❗️😕😕😕

7 Likes

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by Spicycat(f): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2023
priceactionx:

Wait o, na military been running them since? That's very ridiculous. All these sectors need serious flushing. If you don't perform even within 6 months, boot them out. That's what I expect of tinubu administration.

It's even a retired colonel that was the last CG, Buhari mess up on that appointment.

Modified.

10 Likes

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by gloriaolisa(f): 8:34am On Jun 20, 2023
He should pls reduce money of clearing cars pls

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by lexy2014: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2023
stunnert:
I've been following his career advancements, all I can say is Tinubu knows how to pick the best talents for the job. How he identifies and single them out from the crowd is a mystery

just the way he picked buhari. now all APC supporters who supported buhari since 2015 are all running away from him

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by BigBlackPreek(m): 8:34am On Jun 20, 2023
Good one

On your mandate I stand, Ashiwaju Jagaban

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by datola: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2023
Great ife!

Please, don't disappoint.
Re: Profile Of Adewale Bashir Adeniyi, Acting Customs CG by KarlWhyte(m): 8:34am On Jun 20, 2023
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechis Port Harcourt! / Kogi Prosecution: Saraki Scolds Dino Melaye: "Behave Like An Elder" / 'My First Political Poster Then' - Fayose Shares Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.