Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Ian Mcewan's "on Chesil Beach" Tipped For The Man Booker Prize - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ian Mcewan's "on Chesil Beach" Tipped For The Man Booker Prize (928 Views)

Chigozie Obioma's 'The Fishermen' Listed For 2015 Man Booker Prize / British Writers 1- Ian Fleming,charles Dickens ,and Sir Arthur Conan-doyle. / Anne Enright Wins The 2007 Man Booker Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ian Mcewan's "on Chesil Beach" Tipped For The Man Booker Prize by Orikinla(m): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2007
Ian McEwan's "On Chesil Beach" Tipped For the Man Booker Prize

Ian Mcewan’s On Chesil Beach has been tipped as hot favourite for the Booker Prize. But I cannot comment on the shortlist when I have not read any of the shortlisted novels. And I am not one of those who love to join a bandwagon when they don’t even know what the bandwagon is all about.

Ian Mcewan has an impressive history as one of the best living writers and has already won the Booker for his Amsterdam (1998). His Atonement (2001) was also shortlisted for the Booker and made the list of the 100 best novels since 1923 to date. The film adaptation is already an instant classic after the world premiere at the on-going Venice International Film Festival.

I like him, because we share similar intellectual traits in writing prose, verse, drama, teleplays, screenplays, etc. And we have similar cosmopolitan views of life on earth.

You can read the first chapter of Ian Mcewan’s latest novel On Chesil Beach on the New Yorker.

[size=14pt] On Chesil Beach [/size]

Ian McEwan's Books:

1. First Love, Last Rites (Short Stories) - Cape, 1975

2. In Between the Sheets (Short Stories) - Cape, 1978

3. The Cement Garden - Cape, 1978

4. The Comfort of Strangers - Cape, 1981

5. The Imitation Game (three plays for television: Jack Flea's Birthday Celebration; Solid Geometry; The Imitation Game) Cape, 1981

6. Or Shall We Die? (libretto for an oratorio set to music by Michael Berkeley) Cape, 1983

7. The Ploughman's Lunch (film script) Methuen, 1985

8. The Child in Time - Cape, 1987

9. Sour Sweet (film script based on the novel by Timothy Mo) Faber and Faber, 1988

10. The Innocent - Cape, 1990

11. Black Dogs - Cape, 1992

12. The Daydreamer - Cape, 1994

13. The Short Stories - Cape, 1995

14. Enduring Love - Cape, 1997

15. Amsterdam - Cape, 1998

16. Atonement - Cape, 2001

17. On Modern British Fiction (contributor: 'Mother Tongue - A Memoir') Oxford University Press, 2002

18. Saturday - Cape, 2005

19. On Chesil Beach - Cape, 2007
Re: Ian Mcewan's "on Chesil Beach" Tipped For The Man Booker Prize by balleriina(f): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2007
We read enduring love for my English literature class this year

(1) (Reply)

Literary Ambition Over Entertainment / Memoirs Of A Playa Online Volume 1 / Please Read My Book, I Write Contemporary African Stories For Young People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.