Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. (486 Views)

Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians / Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. / OAU: Students Prepare For Rain Semester Examinations In Total Darkness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by Kennyking1234: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2023
Hey fellow Nairalanders,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm facing a dilemma and I'm in desperate need of some advice. Let me give you some context: I'm currently a student at Unizik (Nnamdi Azikiwe University) pursuing a degree in Computer Science. Unfortunately, in my very first week at the university, I was robbed, which left a lasting negative impression on me.

Ever since that incident, I've developed a strong dislike for my the university and its environment. Apart from that unfortunate experience, I feel that Unizik lacks the necessary facilities and resources for a proper computer science education. It's been quite frustrating trying to navigate my way through a curriculum that falls short of providing the practical knowledge and hands-on experience I need to succeed in the tech industry.

As a result, I've been considering dropping out of Unizik and enrolling in a tech institute called "Rain Robotics" located in Ibadan. This institute has gained quite a reputation for its comprehensive computer science and Robtics programs and state-of-the-art facilities. I've heard from several sources that Rain offers a highly immersive learning experience, tailored to the demands of the tech industry.

However, here's where things get complicated. The tuition fee for Rain Tech Institute is a hefty 3.8 million naira. It's a significant financial burden for me and my family, and I'm uncertain about whether it's a wise investment in my education and future career prospects. I don't want to make an impulsive decision without hearing different perspectives and weighing the pros and cons.

That's why I'm turning to you, the Nairaland community. I would greatly appreciate any advice, insights, or personal experiences you could share. Have any of you faced a similar situation? Is it worth dropping out of a university to pursue a specialized tech education at a private institute like Rain? What are the potential benefits and drawbacks I should consider?

I'm interested in hearing from individuals who have attended Rain Tech Institute or know someone who has. How was the overall experience? Did it significantly enhance your career opportunities? And most importantly, was it worth the hefty price tag? Can I get a job with the rain cert?
To add is that, I have some robotic skills already, I built my Unmanned ground vehicle (UGV), I know how to build drones(not attempted yet).

Thank you all in advance for your time and input. Your guidance will play a crucial role in helping me make this life-altering decision.
Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by budaatum: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2023
Money constrains you from Rain Robotics while you dislike where you are. Sounds like a bird in hand or two far away in the bush and you don't have a catapult nor know how to to shoot at it and don't see Unizik as learning school for shooters.

Life gives you Unizik lemons. Smart people learn to make the best lemonade they can knowing it's just a step to owning a Rain Robotics factory.

1 Like

Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by Kennyking1234: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2023
budaatum:
Money constrains you from Rain Robotics while you dislike where you are. Sounds like a bird in hand or two far away in the bush and you don't have a catapult nor know how to to shoot at it and don't see Unizik as learning school for shooters.

Life gives you Unizik lemons. Smart people learn to make the best lemonade they can knowing it's just a step to owning a Rain Robotics factory.
Thanks Sir/Ma what if my parents could afford it?... Just need real serious convincing..
Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by budaatum: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
Kennyking1234:
Thanks Sir/Ma what if my parents could afford it?... Just need real serious convincing..

Why do you need serious convincing? If your parents can afford it then do that which your heart desires of course, but if you are not convinced, it's because your argument with yourself has not convinced you.

Since your parents can afford it I suggest you continue where you and secure a hold on the one bird in your hands, and afterwards go catch the two birds in the bush called Rain and Robotics so you can have three birds.

1 Like

Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by promisedeco(m): 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kennyking1234:
Hey fellow Nairalanders,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm facing a dilemma and I'm in desperate need of some advice. Let me give you some context: I'm currently a student at Unizik (Nnamdi Azikiwe University) pursuing a degree in Computer Science. Unfortunately, in my very first week at the university, I was robbed, which left a lasting negative impression on me.

Ever since that incident, I've developed a strong dislike for my the university and its environment. Apart from that unfortunate experience, I feel that Unizik lacks the necessary facilities and resources for a proper computer science education. It's been quite frustrating trying to navigate my way through a curriculum that falls short of providing the practical knowledge and hands-on experience I need to succeed in the tech industry.

As a result, I've been considering dropping out of Unizik and enrolling in a tech institute called "Rain Robotics" located in Ibadan. This institute has gained quite a reputation for its comprehensive computer science and Robtics programs and state-of-the-art facilities. I've heard from several sources that Rain offers a highly immersive learning experience, tailored to the demands of the tech industry.

However, here's where things get complicated. The tuition fee for Rain Tech Institute is a hefty 3.8 million naira. It's a significant financial burden for me and my family, and I'm uncertain about whether it's a wise investment in my education and future career prospects. I don't want to make an impulsive decision without hearing different perspectives and weighing the pros and cons.

That's why I'm turning to you, the Nairaland community. I would greatly appreciate any advice, insights, or personal experiences you could share. Have any of you faced a similar situation? Is it worth dropping out of a university to pursue a specialized tech education at a private institute like Rain? What are the potential benefits and drawbacks I should consider?

I'm interested in hearing from individuals who have attended Rain Tech Institute or know someone who has. How was the overall experience? Did it significantly enhance your career opportunities? And most importantly, was it worth the hefty price tag? Can I get a job with the rain cert?
To add is that, I have some robotic skills already, I built my Unmanned ground vehicle (UGV), I know how to build drones(not attempted yet).

Thank you all in advance for your time and input. Your guidance will play a crucial role in helping me make this life-altering decision.
As a person who studied computer science in unizik, I understand where you're coming from in terms of inadequate facilities et al.

However, you can still be in unizik and be a great programmer. You need to focus more on yourself. Learn what they teach but never stop there.

What they teach is purely theoretical and seems like it's not applicable anywhere. But then, learn everything you can and take courses online too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by Kennyking1234: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
promisedeco:

As a person who studied computer science in unizik, I understand where you're coming from in terms of inadequate facilities et al.

However, you can still be in unizik and be a great programmer. You need to focus more on yourself. Learn what they teach but never stop there.

What they teach is purely theoretical and seems like it's not applicable anywhere. But then, learn everything you can and take courses online too.
bro abeg check out this curriculum na rather than wasting 4 years in Unizik, remember Unizik now is different from your era.

Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by promisedeco(m): 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kennyking1234:
bro abeg check out this curriculum na rather than wasting 4 years in Unizik, remember Unizik now is different from your era.
This looks good but the question is "you get the money?"
Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by Kennyking1234: 8:58am On Jun 24, 2023
promisedeco:

This looks good but the question is "you get the money?"
My parents sha, if I can convince them to allow me leave unizik for this.
Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by promisedeco(m): 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kennyking1234:
My parents sha, if I can convince them to allow me leave unizik for this.
If the have the money and are willing to listen to reason.... You can try
Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by budaatum: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
If I were your parent I would not allow you to waste the money I've already paid for you to go to Unizik. You haven't exactly produced any returns on money already spent, so why would parent I expect returns if I spent any more? Worst is if you chose Unizik and the course by yourself, because that's like parent let's you order what you like in a restaurant, and when waiter brings it and after you eat small, you say you don't like it no more and want to order something else instead.

One thing uni teaches, though not exactly on the curricula, is resilience. It's a course worth passing.
Re: Considering Dropping Out Of Uni For Rain Tech Institute - Need Advice. by Officer4: 7:15am On Jun 26, 2023
Kennyking1234:
Hey fellow Nairalanders,

Hi Kenny,

Your best bet is very simple.
Split the RAIN program into three sections and fit it into your unizik program.

For example, at the end of year 2 or 3, you will be on Industrial Training for 3 months. Go to RAIN.

At the new of year 3 or 4, you will be on Industrial Training for 6 months, again, continue at RAIN.

THEN during your final year or NYSC, work on the RAIN final semester project remotely or physically at RAIN.

So in a few years time you will have a university degree from a federal uni and a professional certificate from a reputable institute. At the same time, you can then boldly apply for PhD abroad directly. Go on LinkedIn to ask people who finished from the RAIN program. University degrees are still useful but not so necessary though. At least meta doesn't need uni degree

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ejikeme Mmesoma: Anambra Pupil Celebrated As Top Scorer In JAMB Faked Her Result / Can I Combine NECO And NABTEB? / Canada To Reduce Admission Slots For Nigeria And Other Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.