Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians (1376 Views)

Castro Ezama: 60% Of Girls In Secondary Schools In Cross River Are Not Virgins / ‘60% Of Nigerian Undergraduate Projects Plagiarised’ / Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by Cmeo(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2023
For me, I have come to conclusion that Nigerian middle-class are the problems of Nigeria. This means those people are useless-ing our productivity and Naira to purchase other currency to pay school fees, japa, buy foreign goods and the rest. Naira fall is a result of failed Middle-class development.

The Consul-General of Ghana in Lagos, Samata Bukari, says Nigeria has played significant roles in the 75 years of University of Ghana delivering education and research.

Bukari, who said this during a news conference on Monday at the Consulate General of Ghana in Lagos held alongside its ongoing students’ recruitment drive, stressed that Nigeria had contributed to the achievements of the University of Ghana.

She said that Ghana and Nigeria had been in education cooperation for years, and there was need for continuity.

“The University of Ghana is celebrating its 75th anniversary, and we are using this opportunity to acknowledge the role Nigeria and Nigerian students have played in our existence.

“I think my choice of the University is worth it. The environment is okay, the people are friendly and I have a well-grounded knowledge of my discipline,” she stressed.

Meanwhile, Mr. Emmanuel Dankwa, the Recruitment Officer, University of Ghana, said that despite the decreased admission numbers in the past five years, Nigerians constituted 60 per cent of students in the university.

Dankwa noted that Nigerian students had been outstanding, adding that the overall best medical student a few years back had been a Nigerian.

According to him, there are also Nigerian lecturers in the University, while many alumni are working in reputable companies.

Dankwa stressed that the institution was generally impressed with Nigerian students.

https://barristerng.com/60-of-students-of-university-of-ghana-are-nigerians-official/

4 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by olisaEze(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2023
"For me, I have come to conclusion that Nigerian middle-class are the problems of Nigeria." - dumb Op! cheesy

Which middle class are you referring to here, the ones that are almost extinct in Nigeria?? Pls name any one politician in charge of the country in the past eight years that has their kid schooling in Nigeria?? Only cowards seek to blame the victim while ignoring the perpetrators standing before them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by BoldBrainz(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2023
OP, why are you lamenting?

What's wrong if Nigerians seek education outside the shores of the country? Are the higher institutions here complaining of lacking students? There's no country that doesn't have her citizens schooling in other countries. So this your noise is unnecessary.

Get your priorities right.

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by kokoA(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2023
So Ghanians no dey go school sef.
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by MrSinister(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
kokoA:
So Ghanians no dey go school sef.

The revelation by their rep is quite startling I must say shocked shocked shocked. A whole 60%. This is an indictment on their education system.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by budaatum: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2023
Cmeo:
“I think my choice of the University is worth it. The environment is okay, the people are friendly and I have a well-grounded knowledge of my discipline,” she stressed.

Meanwhile, Mr. Emmanuel Dankwa, the Recruitment Officer, University of Ghana, said that despite the decreased admission numbers in the past five years, Nigerians constituted 60 per cent of students in the university.

Who go go market see better thing no buy?

If you think this is middle class you ain't thinking at all. Na underclass with little money de struggle go Ghana and China and Uzbekistan too because they want to learn.
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2023
The people condemning the exodus are the problem of our university system. Probably cultists or sadistic lecturers angry a neighbour will expose their hypocrisy.
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by johnog4sure: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
Cmeo:
For me, I have come to conclusion that Nigerian middle-class are the problems of Nigeria. This means those people are useless-ing our productivity and Naira to purchase other currency to pay school fees, japa, buy foreign goods and the rest. Naira fall is a result of failed Middle-class development.

The Consul-General of Ghana in Lagos, Samata Bukari, says Nigeria has played significant roles in the 75 years of University of Ghana delivering education and research.

Bukari, who said this during a news conference on Monday at the Consulate General of Ghana in Lagos held alongside its ongoing students’ recruitment drive, stressed that Nigeria had contributed to the achievements of the University of Ghana.

She said that Ghana and Nigeria had been in education cooperation for years, and there was need for continuity.

“The University of Ghana is celebrating its 75th anniversary, and we are using this opportunity to acknowledge the role Nigeria and Nigerian students have played in our existence.

Dankwa noted that Nigerian students had been outstanding, adding that the overall best medical student a few years back had been a Nigerian.

According to him, there are also Nigerian lecturers in the University, while many alumni are working in reputable companies.

Dankwa stressed that the institution was generally impressed with Nigerian students.

https://barristerng.com/60-of-students-of-university-of-ghana-are-nigerians-official/

Guy I want to be your friend send me an email thelaw111@gmail.com NIGERIAN MIDDLE CLASS ARE THE PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY many of the poor are either too powerless to fight the government or do not have any knowledge how to go about it, but you see the middle class, they felt like life is better for them, not knowing that one bad government policy can wipe them out! one bad hospital, road, poor flight maintenance etc. Most of the poor have little to nothing to loose, but who use FX, buy fuel for cars, do businesses of course we do so called 'middle class'

1 Like

Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by LikeAking: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2023
Cmeo:

Middle class, upper class, lower class, all of them.

But the upper and middle class are the major sabourtoures
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by LikeAking: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
Cmeo:

Wasting the nations fx .
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by Solsix(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
MrSinister:

The revelation by their rep is quite startling I must say shocked shocked shocked. A whole 60%. This is an indictment on their education system.
That's huge. Even with all the private universities springing up here and there.
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by talk2hb1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
Tooh! Tooh!! Tooh!!!
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by WeirdAlien: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
That is myopic thinking!
These same guys will soon be sending home US Dollars to build houses and take care of their family.
Do you know Nigerians in diaspora sent home over $163 billion dollars in 7 years?? That 5 times 2023 budget of the FG.
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by MrsTwrite(f): 8:36am On Aug 21, 2023
Lol. Nigerians are dominating everywhere when it comes to academics. Both in Africa and in the western world you'll find them there.
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by kingthreat(m): 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2023
If no be cultism and sex for marks for Nigerian schools, who born Ghana university to get quality pass us?
Re: Can You Imagine, 60% Of Uni. Ghana Students Are Nigerians by ahzNigeria: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2023
When compared to any other country, the UK offers the most to its international students. A degree from a British university guarantees a bright future for the applicant. In addition, it opens doors for students to make friends, learn about other cultures, and have a great time at college.

Learn more about studying in the UK from Nigeria here: https://ahzassociates.co.uk/guide-to-studying-in-the-uk-from-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Post Ume Card Is On Sales / Oou Pume Students Lets Meet Here And Discuss Something Important. / Kogi Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.