Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. (19654 Views)

Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) / Real Story Behind India’s 99-1 Win Over Nigeria In World Cup Game(Video) / Poland 0 Vs 1 Nigeria: 5 Things We Learnt In Super Eagles Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by BoldBrainz(m): 9:10am On Sep 02, 2023
tunde1200:
We all believe that lie then and to my surprise we never investigate it.
Indian was banned from football because of that voodoo football.

But there is this movie called kung-fu soccer that football actually turns to lion 🦁. Lol

Shaolin soccer, actually. But that movie was made in the 2000s..😊.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Sweetvie: 9:15am On Sep 02, 2023
grin grin
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Expanse2020(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2023
DeAnonymousGuy:
Greatest lie that ever existed in Nigeria
A uniform Lie that pass through generations . Those days hen they will tell you the ball turn to lion, turn to stone and the stone turn to πŸ”₯.. I still believe that one of the Ipob Generation create that rookie rumors that obi is one of the descendant to come and complete his for father lies....which the Devil 😈 man and 001 of Anambra that claimed Lagos are spreading the remaining lies on the internet like Ramsom and spareware virus
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by nicedayontop: 9:16am On Sep 02, 2023
This lie has been passed from generation to generation. Infact,few yrs ago l told some ss3 students in my sch and they never doubted it because india has never refuted it and again indians don't play in WC again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by DaveHarry(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2023
if Nigeria fit score one goal; Nigeria win. Ball dey change to tiger and lion. If our GK wan catch ball, na lion and tiger he dey see. Las las Nigeria score one goal even wen d ball turn tiger. Dem kill d player wey score d lone goal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by ch3ckm8: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2023
Sheuns:
One story I totally believed while growing up.

It was said that the ball changed and shifted shape from stone, to lion to fire before Sam Okwaraji managed to kick it and scored the one goal that Nigeria needed to win a match they were losing by 99-0. How hilarious it is to believe such story.
They usually said this match was the reason India was banned from playing football.

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by yomi531(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Lol

Sam Okwaraji came into the picture later. The lie predates him.

In my time, it was Thinder Balo Na senior man u be. It was Thunder Balogun I heard too Oo. Chai. That lie been choke o. Good old daysπŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by baike: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2023
I don't think this story is a lie. there is some truth in it kiss

Check it na. why India not playing World Cup grin
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Nonexisting: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2023
I so believed the lie that I tried to replicate it in our street bottle cover match. I think I played one nigga up to 31 goals to nothing one time. I'm sure those amongst us that didn't believe the lie back then are great thinkers today and the rest of us mumu still dey believe say Nigeria go better someday when by default, we were designed to fail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Westerhoffe(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2023
Btruth:

.......like "dey play" πŸ™„

It's been years though… over 20 years now.
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Lovelyn451(f): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2023
Indians and juju especially that their chuby god...that was how fat yokozuna used juju to blind my hogan's eye, till date he still uses eye patch

1 Like

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by abah001: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2023
I was at the stadium I witnessed the match. Ball turning to lion and stone. Severally the goal post collapsed and was refixed.terrible matchπŸ˜‰

1 Like

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Demurray: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Okwaraji ke? Na Segun Odegbami I dey hear for dat story o, that scorely the goal for Nigeria. Even the story was in existence even before I hear the name Okwaraji.
Also It was their goal keeper that turned lion while ball, stone.Since that match, the were banned from international competition .

Anyways, everybody bought the lie

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by tefishy(m): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2023
They even said ball turned to lion in that match.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Sammy5413(m): 9:34am On Sep 02, 2023
It's true but If you don't like the result, go to court
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by yomi531(m): 9:34am On Sep 02, 2023
Fryx:

You must be very young. Or grew up in a posh area to not know this.

Nothing like Posh area here. Na smallee he/she be joor. I also grew up in a posh area with basic amenities, lawn tennis courts, basketball courts, football pitch and steady light and water but, na our normal discussion back then before we start to play ball. Our senior bros them go dey explain am laisay dem watch am πŸ˜€. I repeat, nothing like posh. That lie dey legendary. Na Lagos people start am I guess..
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Vision101(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2023
Similar to the lie that buhari died long and that Yusuf el-sudan has been ruling Nigeria.

They showed us buhari's and Yusuf's ears. How Isha was looking at him. Hahaha πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Vinnie2000(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2023
The funny thing about this LEGENDARY lie is that
It was Recreated in the Movie 'Shaolin Soccer'. πŸ€”πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by phemmyfour: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2023
Padipadi:
Who remembered this lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. It should be the most successful lie in the history of Nigeria.
The indomie generation won't know this.
pure scam
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Babastrong(m): 9:44am On Sep 02, 2023
Those who said Tinubu were using pampas were the originators of this lie. Lies flow in their blood.
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Landowner101(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2023
Okwaraji kicked the ball into the net despite the ball turning to a big stone, that led to Nigeria winning the match.

After okwaraji lift the cup, that was when he slumped and died.
Different varieties of lies grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Vinnie2000(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2023
Expanse2020:
A uniform Lie that pass through generations . Those days hen they will tell you the ball turn to lion, turn to stone and the stone turn to πŸ”₯.. I still believe that one of the Ipob Generation create that rookie rumors that obi is one of the descendant to come and complete his for father lies....which the Devil 😈 man and 001 of Anambra that claimed Lagos are spreading the remaining lies on the internet like Ramsom and spareware virus

Kai! πŸ€¦πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by lekanation(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2023
tetralogyfallot:
Wow! One funny thing about the lie is that the person in most cases saying the lie will look very serious like he watched it. Our own super liar also added that anytime Nigerians want to play the ball, the ball will turn to either lion or stone.
Na Shaolin soccer we dey narrate
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by ebukason3(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2023
I grew up with this lie, come watch Shaolin soccer, the movie come make me believe it's real. Thank to internet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by spartachico(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2023
They even went far by saying that only kick that scored the goal was what killed Sam okwaraji
Sheuns:
One story I totally believed while growing up.

It was said that the ball changed and shifted shape from stone, to lion to fire before Sam Okwaraji managed to kick it and scored the one goal that Nigeria needed to win a match they were losing by 99-0. How hilarious it is to believe such story.
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by morikee: 9:52am On Sep 02, 2023
And at the end them said na wetin make them banned India from football be that the lie looks so legit back then

1 Like

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by eme1n(m): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2023
Back in Uni, I met a guy whose grandfather played in that match. He said the scoreline was not true, I can't remember the actual scores.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Vinnie2000(m): 9:54am On Sep 02, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Lol

Sam Okwaraji came into the picture later. The lie predates him.

In my time, it was Thunder Balo

Ogbeni, Thunder Balogun was NEVER mentioned in diz story.😏

It is PURELY Sam Okwaraji.πŸ˜’

Thunder Balogun own is That, he has a Deadly Shot that broke the Wrists of most Lagos Goalkeepers. πŸ˜―πŸ˜•
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Vinnie2000(m): 9:56am On Sep 02, 2023
ebukason3:
I grew up with this lie, come watch Shaolin soccer, the movie come make me believe it's real. Thank to internet.

With that movie Shaolin Soccer,

there is High POSSIBLITY that such a Match took place somewhere.πŸ€”πŸ€¨πŸ™‚
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by pcagbaji(m): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2023
The reason why some still believe the best native doctor is the one that went to India to learn and practice his trade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by Tayorshd87: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2023
harsysky:

"It wasn't a lie; I saw it.

We're is it and what did u see

Has given that tale wings to fly for many generations. Me, too, I watched the match. Asmiri scored 54 goals in that march
Re: Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. by highoctane: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2023
Guyman01:
We were told Emmanuel Okala the Super Eagles goalkeeper anytime he wants to catch the ball he would see 7 balls at the same time with the ball even turning into a Lion grin
And the striker Chris Ogedemgbe if he wants to score against India the ball will turn into a big stone.

Childhood back in the day was fun, we were free like birds, no one bordered about your whereabouts until dinner preparation time or when the Muslims will announce the evening Call to Prayer from the famous AHUJA Loudspeakers then we would be returning from the football pitch where all these stories, myths and mythology were spread looking very dirty and nobody will ask you to go and shower before going to bed.

We might be old Street ragamuffin pals, you just knew me.
We re told that Bendel Insurance football team players have feet made of iron rod

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Super Eagles Depart For Egypt Ahead Of Qualifier Match (Photos) / Rumours Of Mourinho Links To Real Madrid Is 'Disrespectful'- Ramos / Kevin-prince Boateng Hails Messi Despite Being A Ronaldo Worshiper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.