Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun (383 Views)

What I Meant When I Said, “I have a Tiger, Lion In Me” - IGP Egbetokun (Video) / I Feel Like A Tiger, Ready To Devour Criminals - IGP Egbetokun Talks Tough / Throwback Of New IGP, Egbetokun At Tinubu's Coronation 33 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Mainnews: 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2023
I feel like tiger inside, ready to chase all criminals in Nigeria – Acting IGP Egbetokun

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnw89TNyILU

President Bola Tinubu named him as the IGP in acting capacity on Monday.

Newly appointed acting Inspector General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun, says he is ready to chase away all criminals in Nigeria.

Mr Egbetokun stated this after he was decorated by Vice President Kashim Shettima at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday.

President Bola Tinubu named him as the IGP in acting capacity on Monday. His appointment has to be confirmed by the Senate.

He succeeds Usman Baba, who has been retired from service.

Mr Egbetokun, a former police commissioner in Lagos, told State House correspondents that he will formally assume duty on Wednesday.

He said he feels like a tiger inside of him ready to chase away all criminals in Nigeria and like a lion ready to devour all the enemies of the country.

“Now I have just been decorated and I am looking forward to taking over tomorrow morning by 11 a.m. I really can’t describe how I feel presently, but if I have to tell you anything, I will tell you that right now I feel like tiger inside of me ready to chase away all the criminals in Nigeria.

“And some other time, I fell like a lion in me ready to devour all the internal enemies of Nigeria. That’s my feeling right now.”

Meanwhile, Mr Baba said he is happy that he is handing over the police force to somebody he knows.

“It’s very significant as you have mentioned. It’s a stage, you come, you work, and you go. I’m happy I am handing over to somebody I know that will carry the mantle of leadership from where I have stopped,” he said.

Asked how much he knows his successor, the outgoing IGP said: “We grew up in the job, we grew up together. I was his boss at a time or even when I was IGP. He worked under me twice, we’ve been working together and I know how he can go ahead to champion the course of the police from where I stopped.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/605636-i-feel-like-tiger-inside-ready-to-chase-all-criminals-in-nigeria-acting-igp-egbetokun.html

Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Fortruth: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
See him nose…. Tiger indeed

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Ireportlive: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
cool

RRS former boss

IGP anti kidnapping former boss

Criminals go see shege

Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by SwissMass: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Start from IPOB miscreants
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Depriest2020: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
SwissMass:
You mean Boko Haram, Iswap & killer herdsmen are lesser evil?
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Flight90: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Oga, choose one. Its either you are a lion or a tiger, you definitely can't be both 😒🙄
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Phantom233: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
If you like you feel like a hippopotamus or monkey but the show is over, you guys woefully failed in your core assignments.
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Flight90: 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
But wait o, shey na Lion and Tigers dey catch criminals for Nigeria?🤔
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by kettykin: 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Oga , go and rest in the lions cage first
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
Abeg, you can start by flexing your muscles in my area... There's this police sienna car without plate number that stops at several parts of the road between Mosalashi and Megida busstop in Alimosho area of Lagos... The police men in that van are ALWAYS harassing young guys they see on the road... Even if you dey bike, they'll tell the bikeman to stop and order you into the van... I really wish I can video them one day

You can ask the D.P.O of the police station around church busstop, after Justrite to help you fish them out, I'm sure he'll be very glad to do so

You did a GREAT job with RRS Lagos, kindly extend the good work to all police formations around the country
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by Jake420: 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
Depriest2020:

You mean Boko Haram, Iswap & killer herdsmen are lesser evil?

No he just means he's a dundee that doesn't know priority of crime. I was even thinking drug dealers the most, maybe that'll help overly affected impoverished cities like ekiti .
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by ican2020: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
Wishing you the best and Gods protection in your quest to flush out nuisance from Nigeria
Re: I Feel Like Tiger, Lion Inside Me Is Ready To Devour Criminals-New IGP Egbetokun by WorldRichest: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2023
SwissMass:

No, he won't.

IPON, ESN, UGM can go on killing their people like Christmas chickens

(1) (Reply)

Ex FCT Minister, Ramatu Aliyu Refuses To Relinquish Official Cars / How Obidients Are Redefining Politics In Nigeria - ADC Chieftain, Barr. Ikhayere / Biafrans Are Not Alone!!! We Will Support Them!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.