Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did (8288 Views)

Shettima: Osinbajo Should Be Selling Popcorn And Ice Cream / Sunday Igboho Terror Linkage: Malami Should Be Selling 'Recharge Card'- Adeyanju / Babangida To Saraki: 'I Will Do To You What Your Father Did To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 6:53am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Okay. Itsekiri, Benin and Ijaws did not have Igbo slaves. I guess you are happy now.
Benin sold yoruba slaves in staggering numbers. Owo was a mighty kingdom probably larger than Benin. But Oba Esigie defeated them after surrendering himself as a Portuguese stooge. He packed people from Owo like sand an sold to Portuguese who carried them off to plantions in Brazil. It was that period that Onitsha people fled towards the East and founded many towns in Delta State before crossing the Niger

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ofunaofu: 6:56am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Okay. Itsekiri, Benin and Ijaws did not have Igbo slaves. I guess you are happy now.

Tell me your ethnic extraction so I can also tell you how your forefathers were slaves
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Raskimonojendor: 6:56am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

Benin sold yoruba slaves in staggering numbers. Owo was a mighty kingdom probably larger than Benin. But Oba Esigie defeated them after surrendering himself as a Portuguese stooge. He packed people from Owo like sand an sold to Portuguese who carried them off to plantions in Brazil. It was that period that Onitsha people fled towards the East and founded many towns in Delta State before crossing the Niger
And who is disputing the fact that yorubas also sold themselves as slaves. You see, unlike the ibos, they embrace history and not try to deny it.
Go and watch Bigger than Africa on Netflix. You will enjoy it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Raskimonojendor: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

E be like say you don humble after discovering more facts you didn't know before
Yes I discovered today that Ibos were sold as slaves by the Ijaw, Itsekiri and the Benin.

However, unlike the yorubas that made a name for themselves in their Newfoundland, the Ibo culture just dissapeared like fart in those places. That's also a fact.

3 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Creativity22: 6:59am On Jun 21, 2023
OldBeer:
Chukwu Okike Abiama will you tolerate this gross disrespect to your chosen people?

Amadioha, where are you?
Would you have typed this, if it was said by a mad man roaming the street ?
Stop bordering yourself about what asari has to say. He is no different from a mad man roaming the street.
Before the civil war the igbos dominated almost every sector in Nigeria. They saw civilisation before others. A kalabari man or whatever he calls himself has absolutely nothing on an igbo man. The thought of a kalabari man ever selling igbos as slave, is pure hallucination, which could only play out in the head of a lunatic like asari. They know this. Everyone in nigeria knows this. Be proud of your origin brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by NaMe4: 7:01am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

Onitsha people from where? Owo?

Of course, Owo town was not bigger than the Benin Kingdom.
Many of you mistake present-day Benin City (capital of Edo State) for Benin Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:11am On Jun 21, 2023
Creativity22:

Would you have typed this, if it was said by a mad man roaming the street ?
Stop bordering yourself about what asari has to say. He is no different from a mad man roaming the street.
Before the civil war the igbos dominated almost every sector in Nigeria. They saw civilisation before others. A kalabari man or whatever he calls himself has absolutely nothing on an igbo man. The thought of a kalabari man ever selling igbos as slave, is pure hallucination, which could only play out in the head of a mad man like asari. They know this. Everyone in nigeria knows this. Be proud of your origin brother

Shut up.

Igbo man saw civilization before others ?

You that your emancipation into civilization began in the late 1920s.

Bini ,Itshekiri , Yoruba and Effik and same Ijaw had been in contact with Europeans as far back as the 15th century .

Igboland began its great leap forward in the early to mid 20th century .

Is there any thing you have to point to this claim of western civilization reaching igboland before others ?

Christianity hit the southwest and southsouth long before it reached your heathen enclave .

Your ancestors were killing and eating missionaries while tying their bicycles to palmtrees thinking it was a horse that will run back and report you for eating it's master.

You guys were the last to be civilised .

6 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Raskimonojendor: 7:13am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Shut up.

Bini ,Itshekiri , Yoruba and Effik and same Ijaw had been in contact with Europeans as far back as the 15th century .

Is there any thing you have to point to this claim of western civilization reaching igboland before others ?

Christianity hit the southwest and southsouth long before it reached your heathen enclave .

Your ancestors were killing and eating missionaries while tying their bicycles to palmtrees thinking it was a horse that will run back and report you for eating it's master.

Another fact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Another fact.
There is even an early 20th century account by a German explorer/businessman about Igbo land in which he remarked how rife cannibalism was in that heathen enclave.

This same German explorer had a young Igbo boy assigned to him as a potter after securing his service from his father.

The young Igbo boy's father told the German adventurist to ensure his son is fed human meat once in a while claiming it will build his character.

Let me look for the article online

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:21am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

And who is disputing the fact that yorubas also sold themselves as slaves. You see, unlike the ibos, they embrace history and not try to deny it.
Go and watch Bigger than Africa on Netflix. You will enjoy it. grin
Even the slaves ijaw claimed to have sold was brought to the coast by Arochukwu people.
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by CJStarz: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2023
Fact is this guy is jealous of Igbos He can't comprehend us. He wants to use Igbos to seek relevance. We no send am. We busy making money while he's busy ranting childishly. Igbos carry grace. We are no victims. We are more than conquerors!
Onye na aro onye kariri ya anya bu nkiri ka o na ekiri ya. Loosely translated, the person who eyes his superior is merely admiring him!
Ignore the blomblom guy biko
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Another fact.
These were Abiriba warriors. The backbone of Aro Confederacy
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:23am On Jun 21, 2023
CJStarz:
Fact is this guy is jealous of Igbos He can't comprehend us. He wants to use Igbos to seek relevance. We no send am. We busy making money while he's busy ranting childishly. Igbos carry grace. We are no victims. We are more than conquerors!
Onye na aro onye kariri ya anya bu nkiri ka o na ekiri ya. Loosely translated, the person who eyes his superior is merely admiring him!
Ignore the blomblom guy biko
Allow them to vent their frustrations. It's allowed
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Raskimonojendor: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

Even the slaves ijaw claimed to have sold was brought to the coast by Arochukwu people.
Interesting. I have learnt quite a few on this thread. History should be introduced back into the Nigerian highschool curricular.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:29am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Shut up.

That's why your people lack native intelligence. Chinese are also driving out villagers from Ogun right now. Opening your "nyash" for foreign Invaders is never progress. It's a shame that British trading companies took over yorubaland at a time Arochukwu traders controlled Igboland and prevented British from going beyond the coast

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:30am On Jun 21, 2023
CJStarz:
Fact is this guy is jealous of Igbos He can't comprehend us. He wants to use Igbos to seek relevance.

Even Heaven dey jealous una

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Dzzzz: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2023
Asari was never destined to have sense..He has nothing to offer except been rebellious in any regime that comes next..
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

Allow them to vent their frustrations. It's allowed

"I go sell you "

Now you know where that came from and it was mainly from SS people

5 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by David160(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2023
LegendHero:

Na hypocrisy go kill this country.

What is the difference between Asari statement and Nnamdi Kanu rhetorics that Igbo people cheer him for?

You go dey hear Kanu dey say Filani are cows, kill the all. His fellow IPOB go dey cheer am on dey happy.

Tinubu invited this terrorist to aso rock, wined and dinned with him while Kanu is in prison.

Tinubu supporters are just slaves and mad people
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2023
NaMe4:

Onitsha people from where? Owo?

Of course, Owo town was not bigger than the Benin Kingdom.
Many of you mistaken present-day Benin City (capital of Edo State) for Benin Kingdom.
Benin kingdom = Benin city
This is different from Benin Empire which included other Edoid tribes, yorubas, igbos
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:32am On Jun 21, 2023
David160:

Tinubu invited this terrorist to aso rock, wined and dinned with him while Kanu is in prison.

Lolz.

Now ND militants are terrorists because dem no follow Una do Biafra .

Ewu

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by David160(m): 7:33am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Lolz.

Now ND militants are terrorists because dem no follow Una do Biafra .

Ewu

Zombie.. Asslick ur sick drug lord in peace
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

That's why your people lack native intelligence. Chinese are also driving out villagers from Ogun right now. Opening your "nyash" for foreign Invaders is never progress. It's a shame that British trading companies took over yorubaland at a time Arochukwu traders controlled Igboland and prevented British from going beyond the coast

Your Arochukwu dealt in general OSU merchandise

This is nothing to be proud of.

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:35am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Yes I discovered today that Ibos were sold as slaves by the Ijaw, Itsekiri and the Benin.

However, unlike the yorubas that made a name for themselves in their Newfoundland, the Ibo culture just dissapeared like fart in those places. That's also a fact.
Lol, every author has his /her own opinion. If I show you other writtings praising Igbo now you will start shouting "inferiority complex" as usual
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2023
David160:

Zombie.. Asslick ur sick drug lord in peace

Go and behead your fellow Igbo in protest for Biafra and Kanu's release.

You will not be allowed to cross into the SS with your madness.

Use your yeast and her people to leverage against the FG in the name of fighting for Biafra..

Nobody cared or cares when you kill each other .

5 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Your Arochukwu dealt in general OSU merchant commodities .

This is nothing to be proud of.
This is more advanced than primitive invasion and destruction that happened in yorubaland
Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Ogene001: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Go and behead your fellow Igbo in protest for Biafra and Kanu's release.

You will not be allowed to cross into the SS with your madness.

Use your yeast and her people to leverage against the FG in the name of fighting for Biafra..

Nobody cared or cares when you kill each other .

You hardly bring cerebral argument. Very shallow olodo

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Raskimonojendor: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2023
David160:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by AntiMarxist: 7:39am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

You hardly bring cerebral argument. Very shallow olodo

0koro,. You are operating on room temperature iQ levels here and that's why we can read your every move ten steps ahead.

Argue with Uwazurike

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Raskimonojendor: 7:43am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

This is more advanced than primitive invasion and destruction that happened in yorubaland
Wars were fought just as in the Boer wars, or every other important war the British were fighting in a bid to colonize rich lands.. E.g. the English vs Ijebu or the English vs Egba.

The British did not have your time until later. There were bigger fishes to fry. grin

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by gidgiddy: 7:46am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Where is the lie?

If I start posting other facts here or start creating topics about how backward the Ibo tribe was even as at the mid 19 century, you will also run to the mods calling for a ban.

In other words, you believed what you were told without asking if it is true?

Someday I hope you guys will be able to explain how Ajayi-Crowtger wrote a book in Igbo language when he never spoke Igbo. That is one miracle

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: If Not For British, I’ll Still Be Selling Igbos Like My Father Did by Raskimonojendor: 7:49am On Jun 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

In other words, you believed what you were told without asking if it is true?

Someday I hope you guys will be able to explain how Ajayi-Crowtger wrote a book in Igbo language when he never spoke Igbo. That is one miracle
It's not that hard. He was a linguist. All he needs are people that can translate some igbo words to broken English. Writing and authoring a book means he could read, speak, and write proper. He wrote a 17 pages book, not like he wrote a 500 pages text.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kogi Tribunal: Braimoh Closes Case With Proof Of Election Non-compliance / Ondo Election: We Have No Confidence In INEC – PDP / Akpanudoedehe: No Leadership Change In APC CECPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.