Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party (652 Views)

Buhari Tells Emefiele, Malami To Comply With Supreme Court On Old Notes Rulling / Frank To Presidency, Others: Wike Playing Dangerous Politics, Call Him To Order / Mind Game Played By Northerners Over Southeast On VAT (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by mdimefields: 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2023
I watched here in amazement, when a particular moniker, who I'm sure may not be Igbo, spread the "Lagos is no Man's Land" propaganda and it caught up on other forums, including Twitter. This was after the Peter Obi defeated P. Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos.
If you watch how that propaganda started and blew out of proportion, you will know it was deliberate, and done on purpose to stoke ethnic sentiment in order to defeat the Labor Party in the up coming gubernatorial election. It worked perfectly well, and it's also working to push Igbos out of Lagos. Anyway, all things work for good...
I'm not a party affiliate, but just a concerned citizen. Take note.
Ethnic politics blinds one from good governance, because everything is seen from the prism of ethnicity. You may call it calculative politics but you cannot divorce nepotism from underdevelopment and corruption in the long run.
Ethnic politics brought Europe down to her knees when Hitler and his gangs hijacked the German Furer and pushed for Aryan supremacy. As it is, if we are not careful, we are practically towing that part, where policies will be made to suppress an ethnic group, regardless the overall effect on the entire country. If I may ask, can't we just sit down like civil humans and define our boundaries plus sovereignty?

Now back to the main talk, the recent scenario playing out is the appointment of Service Chiefs. Ogala, who happened to be from Enugu Ezike, a proud Igbo clan is been mischievously assigned to Igala. And this very obnoxious act is first propagated by a popular moniker here, that is active both day and night. I will guess a party to the media team, whose sole target is the Igbo nation.
Enugu Ezike Oba has a rich history, including cultural mix heritage, but has maintained her rich Igbo culture from time immemorial. They were among the first Igbo clan to interact with northerners, Nupes, and Igalas, right before Europeans colonized this part of West Africa. So it is very plausible that culture exchanged hands. This will include both marriage and of course names plus other cultural practices.
Mind you, these interchange is both ways. Go deep into Kogi state, Akpanya community, and see Igbo speakers as mother tongue. We don't make noise about it.
Suddenly, this very moniker, with the bid to downplay on Igbo population ascribed this Igbo clan to Igala. It is annoying that his objective is effortlessly been achieved.
Why not focus on delivering on good governance so Nigerians, including the Igbos will give you round support, I mean hundred percent support? Why always wanting to stoke tribal sentiment, politically with the bid to disorganize your perceived enemy? Igbo is not a political party for God sake. We are an ethnics group and not a political party. APC propagandist take note.

And to those fools falling for this deliberate antics, and claiming Ogala is not Igbo enough, una da so ihenre?. How you easily fall into their trap is just mind blowing. Nobody is superior or inferior Igbo. Anyi bu otu. If you are Igbo and you ignorantly spew trash because you want to sound politically correct, either to smear the ruling party, I will call you an idiot. Nobody is more Igbo than the other.

In conclusion, ethnic politics will definitely drown Nigeria, if we don't separate ethnicity from national politics. But an impossible feat, since the Nigerian man is deeply entrenched in tribalism and nepotism. Let's see how things play out.

3 Likes

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by nothingspoil70: 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Wailing
Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Ofunaofu: 12:03am On Jun 21, 2023
Thank you OP for your wonderful submission

2 Likes

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Depriest2020: 6:28am On Jun 21, 2023
nothingspoil70:
Wailing
You're one of them OP is talking about. Change your ways.

1 Like

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Raskimonojendor: 6:48am On Jun 21, 2023
Please also tell the religious war candidate to cool down. Anambra is not Nigeria..

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Depriest2020: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2023
OP thank you for pointing it out. I don't know why it gives some people orgasm to loathe the Igbo's, and because some people here supports them it's drifting into something else.

Let us set aside a day of peace. Where we will all forgive each other so that we can forge ahead.

If it pleases you, if I have found favor in you, I beg please.
Yoruba's ejoor forgive Igbos
Igbo's Biko forgive Yoruba
Hausa/Fulani don Allah forgive Igbos.
Igbo's forgive Hausa/Fulani.

As for me I've forgiving everyone who wronged me. I judge people by their character not by tribe. I will employ you'all to do likewise, judge people by their character and not by their tribe. If I offend you, tell me am bad and not my tribe. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Raskimonojendor: 6:50am On Jun 21, 2023
mdimefields:
. Nobody is more Igbo than the other.

In conclusion, ethnic politics will definitely drown Nigeria, if we don't separate ethnicity from national politics. But an impossible feat, since the Nigerian man is deeply entrenched in tribalism and nepotism. Let's see how things play out.

Interesting.

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by AntiMarxist: 6:56am On Jun 21, 2023
mdimefields:
I watched here in amazement, when a particular moniker, who I'm sure may not be Igbo, spread the "Lagos is no Man's Land" propaganda and it caught up on other forums, including Twitter. This was after the Peter Obi defeated P. Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos.
If you watch how that propaganda started and blew out of proportion, you will know it was deliberate, and done on purpose to stoke ethnic sentiment in order to defeat the Labor Party in the up coming gubernatorial election. It worked perfectly well, and it's also working to push Igbos out of Lagos. Anyway, all things work for good...
Ethnic politics blinds one from good governance, because everything is seen from the prism of ethnicity. You may call it calculative politics but you cannot divorce nepotism from underdevelopment and corruption in the long run.
Ethnic politics brought Europe down to her knees when Hitler and his gangs hijacked the German Furer and pushed for Aryan supremacy. As it is, if we are not careful, we are practically towing that part, where policies will be made to suppress an ethnic group, regardless the overall effect on the entire country. If I may ask, can't we just sit down like civil humans and define our boundaries plus sovereignty?

Now back to the main talk, the recent scenario playing out is the appointment of Service Chiefs. Ogala, who happened to be from Enugu Ezike, a proud Igbo clan is been mischievously assigned to Igala. And this very obnoxious act is first propagated by a popular moniker here, that is active both day and night. I will guess a party to the media team, whose sole target is the Igbo nation.
Enugu Ezike Oba has a rich history, including cultural mix heritage, but has maintained her rich Igbo culture from time immemorial. They were among the first Igbo clan to interact with northerners, Nupes, and Igalas, right before Europeans colonized this part of West Africa. So it is very plausible that culture exchanged hands. This will include both marriage and of course names plus other cultural practices.
Mind you, these interchange is both ways. Go deep into Kogi state, Akpanya community, and see Igbo speakers as mother tongue. We don't make noise about it.
Suddenly, this very moniker, with the bid to downplay on Igbo population ascribed this Igbo clan to Igala. It is annoying that his objective is effortlessly been achieved.
Why not focus on delivering on good governance so Nigerians, including the Igbos will give you round support, I mean hundred percent support? Why always wanting to stoke tribal sentiment, politically with the bid to disorganize your perceived enemy? Igbo is not a political party for God sake. We are an ethnics group and not a political party. APC propagandist take note.

And to those fools falling for this deliberate antics, and claiming Ogala is not Igbo enough, una da so ihenre?. How you easily fall into their trap is just mind blowing. Nobody is superior or inferior Igbo. Anyi bu otu. If you are Igbo and you ignorantly spew trash because you want to sound politically correct, either to smear the ruling party, I will call you an idiot. Nobody is more Igbo than the other.

They've taken the war of division you started to your home front.

There was never ever a more divisive campaign like that of Peter Obi and his LP.

Even the renowned Buhari goat did not play such level of divisiveness like Obi.

Stop crying .

You guys started this shit with your canopy party and obito attending candidate.

This is the fallout and you either suck it up or play the game the way you started it

1 Like

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Depriest2020: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

There was never ever a more divisive campaign like that of Peter Obi and his LP.

Stop crying .

You guys started this shit with your canopy party and obito attending candidate.

This is the fallout and you either suck it up or play the game the way you started it
Your grievances if justified but please can you forgive them and forget, please 🙏.
Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Raskimonojendor: 7:11am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Stop crying .

As we speak, the Obidients haven't changed a bit, despite bleeding followers.

2 Likes

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by neyop85(m): 7:11am On Jun 21, 2023
Your clan is always the first to attack others but when we respond in the same way you cry foul. Remember, a south western president is at the helm of affairs, he's not Buhari, south westerners are as educated as your tribe. If you insult him like you did Buhari, then expect a lot of educated folks from his tribe to give you insults back to back.

1 Like

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Depriest2020: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Please also tell the religious war candidate to cool down. Anambra is not Nigeria..
We would pass your message across. But please can you forgive, so that we can forge ahead.
Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by AntiMarxist: 7:13am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

They are Jews after all and will cry while stabbing you in the back

Have no pity.

Go on the offensive on full blast.

Their cries now are because the clap back is too much and they need a truce to recover.

1 Like

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Raskimonojendor: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2023
Depriest2020:

We would pass your message across. But please can you forgive, so that we can forge ahead.
Honestly. I try so hard but once I open twitter again and read the insults, I go on the offensive again.They just like to trigger others. When they stop, we stop. I will keep trying.

1 Like

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by helinues: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2023
Sheer hypocrisy from the wolf criers dem

2 Likes

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Streetdoctor: 7:25am On Jun 21, 2023
nothingspoil70:
Wailing
Dis is d real shit we are talking about

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Depriest2020: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

They are Jews after all and will cry while stabbing you in the back

Have no pity.

Go on the offensive on full blast.

Their cries now are because the clap back is too much and they need a truce to recover.

You're sounding like Hitler. Same thing you're preaching is what he preached against the Jews, he loathed the Jews same way you loathe the Igbo's, till he took over power and declared total annihilation of the Jews. May God not lift you to that level in other not to declare total annihilation of the Igbo's. Murtala Mohammed had same mindset, that's why he declared massacre of the Igbo's in Asaba. I don't really know what this people had done to you to loathe them this much, sometimes I found it difficult to believe it's just this nairaland banter. If it's possible for you please forgive and forget.
Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by AntiMarxist: 7:38am On Jun 21, 2023
Depriest2020:

You're sounding like Hitler. Same thing you're preaching is what he preached against the Jews, he loathed the Jews same way you loathe the Igbo's, till he took over power and declared total annihilation of the Jews. May God not lift you to that level in other not to declare total annihilation of the Igbo's. Murtala Mohammed had same mindset, that's why he declared massacre of the Igbo's in Asaba. I don't really know what this people had done to you to loathe them this much, sometimes I found it difficult to believe it's just this nairaland banter. If it's possible for you please forgive and forget.

Unlike Hitler, I have intentions to gas every Jew rat and their Zionist minions .

That's the only way peace can be restored on earth - by getting rid of the cainanite seed of the serpent.
Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by LegalWolf: 7:40am On Jun 21, 2023
mdimefields:

God bless you...

1 Like

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Streetdoctor: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

U guys started d dirty game since 2014, so u guys hv forgotten 2014/2015?
Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Streetdoctor: 7:53am On Jun 21, 2023
neyop85:
Your clan is always the first to attack others but when we respond in the same way you cry foul. Remember, a south western president is at the helm of affairs, he's not Buhari, south westerners are as educated as your tribe. If you insult him like you did Buhari, then expect a lot of educated folks from his tribe to give you insults back to back.
Like dis right

Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Flets: 7:54am On Jun 21, 2023
Okay
Re: The Dangerous Politics Of Ethniticsm Played By The Rulling Party by Streetdoctor: 7:55am On Jun 21, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Unlike Hitler, I have intentions to gas every Jew rat and their Zionist minions .

That's the only way peace can be restored on earth - by getting rid of the cainanite seed of the serpent.
Lolssss, online warriors

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uzodimma As Regular Face In Aso Villa / So Far, The Southeast Has Lost Over $12.215 Billion To Sit At Home Exercises. / $800 Million Subsidy Savings:Tinubu Friendship With Abacha Money Launderers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.