Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation (17036 Views)

We Can't Hand Over Pdp To The Apc: PDP Nass Members Threaten To Dump Party / New Wage Begins April, FG Votes ₦‎24 Trillion For Salaries / FG Votes N792m To Refurbish Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Bfly: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2023
The cake is done. We also need Mr President here.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by clinician2x: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2023
muykunle:
is it sustainable? oh God! Where is thy loving face? Let there be a repeat of the time of old. salvage this nation from the menace bedeviling it. And we will 4eva know dat it can only be you.

Lol u are wasting your time. No be only time of old
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by ifeco4(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2023
badaru911:

.... Needed ke,... Peter Obi can't do anything,,he gat to pay them their outrageous money or they will frustrate him....He will surely pay them cos thats the norm...

What you call norm now was instituted by someone and can be stopped by someone as well.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Yes one would be tempted to adopt this disposition especially after seeing how Asiwaju stole the elections. But truth be told, has Asiwaju not surprised even you too? Be sincere, in the deepest recesses of your mind Habe you not for a split second felt admiration for the way this man Asiwaju has set about doing this within just 3 weeks of resuming as the president? I know I have , and so has thousands of other Obidients that I am in personal contact with too.

Even in WhatsApp groups we are talking and most people are excited and pleased.with what Asiwaju is doing so far, and these are mostly ibos !

So my bro let's give peace a chance and support this guy. He may yet surprise us all
Tinubu has not surprised me atall and i don't expect any positives from Tinubu's regime, it may appear to some people as if he is doing positive things but i don't believe he is. He is not. grin

I don't consider myself a supporter of Obi nor Tinubu, i am just an outsider looking into naigeria's system of governance.

The problem with naigeria are naigerians themselves, not even the politicians. The tribal, ethnic and religious divisions amongst naigerians is epic, politicians are just using that divisions to their own advantage in every election, even the politicans themselves are not against each other, they may appear to the masses as if they are but they are not. Co's when it comes to approving billions of naira for themselves they would all agree. While the masses keep suffering. grin

Obi, Atiku, Tinubu all of them were mates and still are, i have seen pictures of Obi, Atiku and Tinubu laughing at a larvished dinner table.

But i believe Obi woulda tried to change things perhaps not entirely. He woulda just did what he could. Co's i believe he grew tired of a corrupt and a naigeria that is not working.

1 Like

Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by clinician2x: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2023
nedu666:

May this allocation to legislators favour me and my family.

Na so. Be deceiving yourself u hear.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2023
badaru911:

.... Needed ke,... Peter Obi can't do anything,,he gat to pay them their outrageous money or they will frustrate him....He will surely pay them cos thats the norm...
Correct, but Obi woulda tried by making himself an example i believe.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by clinician2x: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2023
doming0:
The lawmakers no get accommodation before?

I tire oo. Were they sleeping under bridge
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2023
clinician2x:

Na so. Be deceiving yourself u hear.
That individual sounds completely hopeless. grin he has resorted to begging for crumbs from his oppressors.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2023
Total waste angry

1 Like

Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Ifyz0001: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2023
Happy sharing fuel subsidy money....while ordinary Nigerians trek to work everyday
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by clinician2x: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
That individual sounds completely hopeless. grin he has resorted to begging for crumbs from his oppressors.

The kind hope people de get nowadays weak me
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Unperturbedpota: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
Tinubu has not surprised me atall and i don't expect any positives from Tinubu's regime, it may appear to some people as if he is doing positive things but i don't believe he is. He is not. grin

I don't consider myself a supporter of Obi nor Tinubu, i am just an outsider looking into naigeria's system of governance.

The problem with naigeria are naigerians themselves, not even the politicians. The tribal, ethnic and religious divisions amongst naigerians is epic, politicians are just using that divisions to their own advantage in every election, even the politicans themselves are not against each other, they may appear to the masses as if they are but they are not. Co's when it comes to approving billions of naira for themselves they would all agree. While the masses keep suffering. grin

Obi, Atiku, Tinubu all of them were mates and still are, i have seen pictures of Obi, Atiku and Tinubu laughing at a larvished dinner table.

But i believe Obi woulda tried to change things perhaps not entirely. He woulda just did what he could. Co's i believe he grew tired of a corrupt and a naigeria that is not working.

I will address the part I have bolded in your message.
Personal belief sornst affect reality. Whatever one choses to believe doesn't affect the reality.
Well done
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Streetdoctor: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

I am 100% certain you are not a university graduate.

Nor do you have any career whatsoever .

Post your LinkedIn profile URL link pls
There u go

Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Ikea81: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2023
Fuel just increase by 10naira at the depot. make we just dey play......the poor dying to feed the rich
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Streetdoctor: 11:03am On Jun 21, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

I am 100% certain you are not a university graduate.

Nor do you have any career whatsoever .

Post your LinkedIn profile URL link pls
LOLSSSS, OLODO LIKE U. I ShOULD POST MY LINKEDIN PROFILE BCS I AM JOBLESS MAN LIKE U OR BCS I BEG TO EAT OR BCS I SELL FAMILY PROPERTY TO DO OWAMBE
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by bencr7: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2023
arantess:

Its sarcasm
ok good,but sarcasm sometimes can be annoying,if u see d well I am hungry, because d poor and middle class are always fighting with tribalism,but not knowing d oppressors are from almost all tribe in nigeria,who love themselves but cause hatred BTW d pple they are leading.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by okoroemeka(m): 11:24am On Jun 21, 2023
Babzrockman:
Nigeria never ready actually. Cost of governance is the major issue we have in this country
the politician and leaders of this nation are not yet ready to sacrifice for a new Nigeria,the masses has sacrificed the last benefit everybody is enjoying from the government which is fuel subsidy,what have the politicians sacrificed?will the 7-8 trillion saved from the sweat and tears of the masses used for frivolous activities?,why paying these people extra money for accomdation when all of them are billionaires and millionaires already,politicians are not ready yet for a new Nigeria,that subsidy savings may end up been swallowed by a crocodile
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by AgroDoctor: 11:27am On Jun 21, 2023
KingKO22:
I pray our new president cut the government expenses to reasonable amount

They should remember that Nigerians are suffering especially the transportation fare is becoming unaffordable therefore use the available money judiciously

Jah bless patriotic Nigerians

Pray that what?

You can already see that the federal government is already consenting to it by voting it and you are still praying. Pray for God to bless your work so that you and your family can enjoy good life within and outside Nigeria. As for this, forget it. It has come to stay because baba would definitely want to reciprocate the kind gesture of those legislators that also worked for him.

1 Like

Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Mike008(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2023
This usual corruption formality.
Aren't these people supposed to declare assets?
Most of these people own estates in Abuja, not to talk of individual mansions.
An ordinary Nigerian finds it difficult to afford rent of 500k.
This is so unfair.

1 Like

Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Light777(f): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Babzrockman:
Nigeria never ready actually. Cost of governance is the major issue we have in this country
They are not ready yet.

Instead they will save money gotten from subsidy removal to maintain the cost of governance while the citizens will keep on sacrificing

This is the bitter truth

1 Like

Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by nkemjacob2(m): 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
If u want tinubu to cut of governance u are at your risk
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Boldkrammy: 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
Una hear? Continue fighting tribal e- war while you struggle to fend for yourself and family everyday with your 100k income per month. Na starting be this.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by aestake: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
Fighter2029:
Let Nigeria breath breathe even for a moment,why this continuous suffocation by political class.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
[quote author=aestake post=123942199][/quote]......thank you sir/ma'am
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
[quote author=aestake post=123942199][/quote]. thank you ma'am/sir
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by chigaemezuogu: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
This where our subsidy removal money is being wasted on the congregation of selfish and greedy people while the poor are struggling to eat one square meal per day
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

I will address the part I have bolded in your message.
Personal belief sornst affect reality. Whatever one choses to believe doesn't affect the reality.
Well done
Absolutely! And what exactly are or is the reality? What you consider to be reality or believe to be reality i don't have to surscribe to or don't have to agree with grin alota times fallacies has being portrayed as reality or made to appear as reality. Alota times also the spectators of an event could see clearer than the participants in the event. Brings me back to me being an outsider looking in from outside.

Tinubu i repeat, will be worst than Buhari.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by masui(m): 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
DeLaRue:

A President cannot cut national assembly allowances by fiat.

Any cut has to be agreed by the national assembly, and they will not agree.

These people will defend their allowances with everything they have, and if that requires that a President is impeached, they will do it in a flash.

Senators and house members don't joke with their money.

So what is the way around this. These guys can't just the country by the balls, exploiting the system doing very little.
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Unperturbedpota: 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
SKIBiNSKI:
Absolutely! And what exactly are or is the reality? What you consider to be reality or believe to be reality i don't have to surscribe to or don't have to agree with grin alota times fallacies has being portrayed as reality or made to appear as reality. Alota times also the spectators of an event could see clearer than the participants in the event. Brings me back to me being an outsider looking in from outside.

Tinubu i repeat, will be worst than Buhari.

Time will tell if you would be proved right or wrong
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by SKIBiNSKI(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Time will tell if you would be proved right or wrong
This i agree with totally.,
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by Fridaymartin: 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE NIGERIA PARLIAMENT

Having pondered over what I have been told, read and witnessed in this country over the years. Where we were, where we are and where we may be in nearby future if some urgent steps are not taken to address the current state of affairs in this country. The dilapidated and backward nature of our critical sectors like health and education are nothing to write home about. I considered whether where we are today is as a result of our poor in wealth, mind or expertise; but I believe it’s none of them. Then, why are we here? I believe we’re here today because our first-class citizens (political office holders) have options, while the second-class citizens (the masses) has one and only unavoidable option of going to the public institutions in this country.

In order to remedy these pitiable conditions that is gradually making our dear country a laughing stock among the comity of nations. I therefore request the parliament to enact the following proposals into law, if majority of Nigerians support it; as majority voice is the democratic voice.

1. Anybody whose children is schooling abroad or in a private institution shall be ineligible to contest or be appointed into any political position in this country.

2. All political office holders and their immediate family (husband/wife and children) shall not receive medical attention (medical check-up or treatment) abroad or in any private hospital in this country. In other words, all political office holders MUST receive medical attention in any government owned hospital in this country.

2(i). Any political office holder(s) who feels that his/her health challenge is beyond what the medical professionals and the equipments in our government hospitals can handle MUST resign from his/her political position before seeking for medical attention abroad or in private clinic.

2(ii). Anybody who resigns from his/her elected or appointed political position for any reason other than seeking for another political position using the same party MUST spend a minimum of three (3) years before being eligible of holding political position again.

2(iii). Anybody whose appointment into his/her office is subject to the confirmation of the parliament is included as in 1 and 2 above.

3. An elected political office holder(s) who decamped from the political party upon which he/she was elected to another political party MUST vacate his/her position to the runner-up of the election.

3(i). An elected political office holder(s) who intend to decamp *MUST* inform the electoral body (INEC) in not less than 21 days of his/her plan defection so that the electoral body will contact the runner-up to be sworn-in.

3(ii). The electoral body will only conduct bye-election to fill the vacate position only when the occupant of the position is dead or when all the contestants (from the runner-up to the candidate that scored the least number(s) of the valid vote cast) in the election are no longer available to be sworn-in into the position.

3(iii). A political office holder who decamped from his/her political party to another party MUST spend a minimum of three (3) years in that party before being eligible to vote and to be voted for, in the party’s primary election(s).

3(iv). The price for the nomination forms of any political parties for its primary election(s) MUST not be more than the annual basic salary of the occupant(s) of the office the person is vying for.

4. Anybody who is entitled to pension as a result of his/her former office/ position, but is still holding another government office/position shall not be paid the pension during that period. And if he/she is also entitle to pension by his/her last office; then the pension of his last office shall nullify the former one(s). Therefore, nobody shall be receiving pension and salary (or two pensions) at the same time from the government coffers.

I firmly believe that the progress of this country depends on most of the above suggestions. I and other concern Nigerians may be mobilizing Nigerians from all walks of life (ASUU, NUT, NMA, NANS, CNPP, NLC, NBA, NYCN, SERAP, CAN, NSCIA, etc) to embark on a peaceful protest across the country, if all or most of the aforementioned proposals are not passed and assented into law by the parliament and the president respectively before 1st October 2023.

Yours sincerely,
Friday Martin Nwodo fridaynwodo20@gmail.com
+2347047488130
Re: FG Votes N24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation by HRMK: 6:19am On Jun 22, 2023
IT WAS THIS SAME OBASANJO THAT SOLD OFF THE HOUSES MEANT FOR THESE LEGISLATORS TO THEM!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Buhari: A Public Servant On A Private Visit With Public Money" / Prominent Obidient, Sarah Ibrahim Invited By Police For Questioning / Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.