Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number (1181 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me / Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by Babaflenjor: 10:31am On Jun 21, 2023
I'm tired of receiving unknown Abokis calls on my line, Different Abokis calls my number every day even sometimes 6 to 8 times a day, mostly they call late in the night between 11pm to 2;30 am. The strange things here is different people call at different times both male and female speaking Hausa language, I do answer them in Pidgin or English language, but they will reply me in Hausa language, if I end the call they will still call back.
I have been using this number since November last year, I don't have any issues with it until about two months ago when this Aboki woman started calling me around 2am.
Why I'm worried now is the way they sound on phone, the guy that called me last night was speaking Hausa violently, at a point I have to switch off my phone, and immediately I put on my phone this morning another lady started calling me I av called Airtel customer service like 10 times to know if the line was previously allocated to an hausa man but they no they told me it's a new SIM actually the line is 0904 series just don't know what to do to stop this.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by bbonair(m): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2023
Its because of the previous owner of the line... Sorry bro

6 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by JeffreyD1(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2023
Due to previous user
Keep blacklisting then

4 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by foxxydude: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2023
You bought sim of Bandit

11 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by emmancipated(m): 11:30am On Jun 21, 2023
The problem is that most times, they don't understand English and are very stubborn.
If you have tried to explain to the person but to no avail, you can respond to them with any gibberish that sounds like Hausa and they'll leave you alone😔

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by SporaD8: 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
bbonair:
Its because of the previous owner of the line... Sorry bro
I don't think so!
I have been using my line since 2009 and encounter same problem.
One peculiarity is the urgency in their voice - more like an appointment that can not be deferred!
"Mai Ungwa" called my line so tay I blacklisted his number, only for me to receive a text in hausa from another number urging me to pick his call now now!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by ghettochild(m): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2023
Someone scammed people and randomly dropped a num that happens to be yours...
Find sm1 who speaks Hausa.. to talk to the callers and clarify that whoever they want to speak with gave them a fake number

3 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by WeirdAlien: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
Those guys never stop calling! No matter how much you shout wrong number or swear for them, they wil keep calling.
Frequency will reduce over a few weeks and later you will just see random flashes.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by Lawly: 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
Abeg do sth before dem catch you
Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by Robchuks77(m): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2023
U don buy repentant boko haram number..
Mary na him be dia sniper

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:59am On Jun 22, 2023
Hello alhaji ...alhaji...hello alhaji. ..."me on the phone": I no be alhaji angry "malla continues" wai ne?? Hello Hello alhaji asalamalekun
Ends call...

Next call.....Hello Ibrahim...Ibrahim.....Hello Ibrahim Ibrahim "me on the phone": Kei mallam wannan wrong number ne angry "cuts call " malla calls back again .....hello Ibrahim, Ibrahim! Ibrahim........" me on the phone ": Ibrahim ya ci gutsun uwarka! angry "switches of phone "

3 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2023
Aboki must call you it's in the constitution

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by Waffarianman(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
Babaflenjor:
I'm tired of receiving unknown Abokis calls on my line, Different Abokis calls my number every day even sometimes 6 to 8 times a day, mostly they call late in the night between 11pm to 2;30 am. The strange things here is different people call at different times both male and female speaking Hausa language, I do answer them in Pidgin or English language, but they will reply me in Hausa language, if I end the call they will still call back.
I have been using this number since November last year, I don't have any issues with it until about two months ago when this Aboki woman started calling me around 2am.
Why I'm worried now is the way they sound on phone, the guy that called me last night was speaking Hausa violently, at a point I have to switch off my phone, and immediately I put on my phone this morning another lady started calling me I av called Airtel customer service like 10 times to know if the line was previously allocated to an hausa man but they no they told me it's a new SIM actually the line is 0904 series just don't know what to do to stop this.

Same shit do happen to me I just ignore them or cancel ✖️❌ the calls

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 23, 2023
Aboki na aboki
Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by Godsonkemz(m): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2023
After warning one aboki to stop calling and the idiot who could not understand my pidgin, let alone English continued calling until I decided to pick the call and allow the him waste his airtime without saying anything in response. The idiot stopped calling.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by havenz(m): 8:00am On Nov 08, 2023
Recycling issues.
Re: Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number by HRMK: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2023
IT MUST BE EITHER OF TWO THINGS:
1.THAT LINE IS ALLOCATED TO THAT HAUSA MAN.
2.THE CALLER/S MISSING ONE OR MORE OF THE NUMBERS.
SOLUTION:
1.EACH TIME YOU ARE CALLED,ALLOW THE CALLER TO EXHAUST THE CALL CREDIT!THEY WONT AGAIN!!
2.USE THE CODE THAT IDENTIFIES YOUR PHONE NUMBER.
3.GO TO AIRTEL OFFICE.
GOODLUCK.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Swap My Icloud Locked Iphone11 Pro Max For A Working Iphone XR Or X / Funkyfone For Sure / Cheap Bulk Sms Routes To Nigeria And Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.