Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself (26325 Views)

Pls How Can I Stop Unknown Abokis From Calling My Number / Please How Do I Stop This Number 251 From Calling My 9mobile Line / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2023
Has your Sim dialed and make calls on its own before?

Mtn Sims are no longer safe for use...my opinion.

Those retail agents registering and selling sim cards are not to be trusted..my opinion.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
Pls tech guys on nairaland i need answers.

My WhatsApp kept been banned repeatedly for no reason till someone suggested if i ever get my WhatsApp back i should do 2FA on it. Could u guys believe i was recently unbanned and i saw unknown foreign numbers on my list chatting. How come about that pls. See screenshot of the numbers after WhatsApp unbanned me.
Who were they chatting with? Who was using my banned whatsapp to chat these Mofos? I am livid.
All u hackers,scammers,yahoo will have big trailers crushing u edi*ts. SARS will be ur karmas..yall will dye a painful de@th

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Neverslumber(f): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
Have not heard of this.

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by illicit(m): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2023

Na God dey call u so o abi na u dey call God

Put am for Android phone maybe he go do video call

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Westerhoffe(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
illicit:

Na God dey call u so o abi na u dey call God

Put am for Android phone maybe he go do video call

GOD is not to be mocked.
Please take note.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by illicit(m): 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
Westerhoffe:

GOD is not to be locked.
Please take note.

U have a very small mind

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Westerhoffe(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
illicit:

U have a very small mind

I should be saying that.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2023
Are you sure your phone touchpad is okay?
Is your charger cord Always on your phone screen while charging?
Which number did your phone dial?
Did you check your call history to confirm the number your phone called?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 4:10am On Apr 04, 2023
Jamesbiodun:
Are you sure your phone touchpad is okay?
Is your charger cord Always on your phone screen while charging?
Which number did your phone dial?
Did you check your call history to confirm the number your phone called?

Immediately it happened i checked my call history there was no visible number currently dialed at then.

Guess what,it happened again some mins ago..i was just woken up by the Mtn voice "dear customer..u need to recharge your line to be able to make this call". Which call abeg?😡

Isn't it obvious some may have hacker into my Sim?

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 4:12am On Apr 04, 2023
Neverslumber:
Have not heard of this.

I just taya

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by PerfectMan24: 4:23am On Apr 04, 2023
Remove ur phone from auto-redial.
Check ur dialling settings
It will keep redialing the last number u called from time to time

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by davidodufote: 4:31am On Apr 04, 2023
Oga just throw away that sim and get another. Its hacked already

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Evergreen4(m): 5:56am On Apr 04, 2023
Endeared:
Pls i want tech gurus on. Nairaland to come to my aid. Something unusual has been happening to my Sim for quite some time now. The latest that broke the Carmel back was when i was woken up with that mtns ladys voice at the backend saying 'dear customer..u do not have enough balance to make this call,pls recharge..." That was d voice from my phone at exactly past 2am this morning...which woke me up. This has been happening for some time. After the voice woke me up i decided to check my balance and my airtime of #300 had diminished to zero balance😲😲😲

Pls who can honestly explain whats going on with Mtn Sim cards...i doubt if d fault is from my phone but the Sim. Are they now hacking Sims down to using your airtime to make calls? Pls explain. Am i sharing my Sim with thieves ?
Lest i forget i also get calls or short dials from foreign numbers..countries like Togo,senegal etc why always on Mtn lines? The complaints are getting out of hand
Seun Mynd44 pls help
I'm having similar experience too. Sometimes my phone dials foreign numbers on its own especially at midnights and this always zaps my airtime. Other times I see missed calls from foreign numbers that I don't know. Though it has stopped for some time now

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 04, 2023
Did you buy the phone from keyboard warrior? I mean yahoo yahoo guys?

I'll suggest you get another phone before it will land you in trouble and secondly don't save your banking and social media password to avoid data theft

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 04, 2023
Your sim has been swapped

Go and buy another one

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2023
Endeared:

Immediately it happened i checked my call history there was no visible number currently dialed at then.

Guess what,it happened again some mins ago..i was just woken up by the Mtn voice "dear customer..u need to recharge your line to be able to make this call". Which call abeg?😡

Seriously I have never heard something like this before, try put your sim in another phone if it happened like that again just go to Mtn office to make complaints

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Davash222(m): 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
Endeared:

Did you at any time call any of the foreign numbers that usually flash your number?
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Whois(m): 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
Have you complained to MTN

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by ExAngel007(f): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2023
you have a clone Sim.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Young03(m): 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
If to say you sharp na update and opportunity come for you so.

Numbers wey go de bill anyhow

Client wey others dey find dey your list
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 11:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
PerfectMan24:
Remove ur phone from auto-redial.
Check ur dialling settings
It will keep redialing the last number u called from time to time
I have never called those foreign numbers...rather they keep calling or flashing my line.

And those calls come from truecaller app. Even the ghost calls come from d app
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 11:18pm On Apr 04, 2023
Young03:
If to say you sharp na update and opportunity come for you so.

Numbers wey go de bill anyhow

Client wey others dey find dey your list

You're lost on this topic

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
ExAngel007:
you have a clone Sim.

Hmm...i suspect.

I bought the Sim from Mtn retail shop..those roadside sellers. Even before i could get the line working after registration it took days...according to the agent "na network".
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2023
Whois:
Have you complained to MTN

Not yet

Will find time to do so.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
Failure2019:
Your sim has been swapped

Go and buy another one

My best bet o
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
fados4sure:
Did you buy the phone from keyboard warrior? I mean yahoo yahoo guys?

I'll suggest you get another phone before it will land you in trouble and secondly don't save your banking and social media password to avoid data theft

My tecno camon x phone was bought brand new from spar...its been 4-5yrs now.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Endeared(f): 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2023
Evergreen4:
I'm having similar experience too. Sometimes my phone dials foreign numbers on its own especially at midnights and this always zaps my airtime. Other times I see missed calls from foreign numbers that I don't know. Though it has stopped for some time now
A Lil history on how u got ur Sim will help us both solve this fraud. How did u get ur present sim? Was ur phone brand new or u bought a fairly used? Any further history abt ur phone or sim?
Have u had any need to repair ur phone in d past?

Your reps will be good to aid my digging. I am so curious to solve this.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Evergreen4(m): 11:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
Endeared:

A Lil history on how u got ur Sim will help us both solve this fraud. How did u get ur present sim? Was ur phone brand new or u bought a fairly used? Any further history abt ur phone or sim?
Have u had any need to repair ur phone in d past?

Your reps will be good to aid my digging. I am so curious to solve this.
My Sim is an old Sim. I started using it in 2006. So I don't really know . but I think those people doing it are scammers. I think they got our number online maybe from forms that we filled online. Even they've tried hacking my whatapp several times

Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Emmy1010101: 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
Help!!!
I'm having this same issue.
My phone keeps calling some strange foreign numbers.

I don try everything including reporting to mtn but no headway.
Re: Ghost Calling: My Phone Dials Itself by Josephagada03: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
I'm experiencing the same thing too. My whatsapp is always banned.

Nokia 8 Is Official : Its Dual Camera Boasts Zeiss Lens And OZO Audio / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC / 7 Weird Places We Charge Our Phones