Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. (8775 Views)

How Long To Get Letter Confirmation From Government (Lagos state) / Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee / How Do I Politely Ask My Boss For A Better Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. by kwaso2: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
My opinion is:

1). Apologize to him. Greetings is not affection.

2). If u feel unsafe, u want to record the calls or unwittingly record his verbal instructions. Some bosses will never respond to sure mails. They will even see it like some subtle trap. My current boss is a professor. I struggled with same issue when I began working with him. At some point, even to seek clarification, I will share it via email just to get feedback via phone calls.

Some bosses are that way. Most big men do not have time to stress up compiling instructions that they would just call you on phone to inform. I suggest you should try to be comfortable around his style.

If u have ever been a victim of his denial of such instructions, kindly seek to share ur opinion with him in a humble tone via face to face talk, no text or mail cos it can be perceived as evidence gathering
Re: How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. by 9jentertainment: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
I NEED INVESTORS

I am an event planner.
I'm organizing a musical concert this ileya (Muslim festival) which will features musicians and DJ's to entertain the crowd till dawn. I've already booked the master of ceremony (MC) , police presence, six A-List musicians, 3 popular DJ's and 5 comedians alongside 5upcoming artiste to grace the show.there will be game shows and quiz competitions and prizes for winners/participants but my problem is hiring extra security hands, advertising and getting the space for the event.i've been billed #800k by a radio firm and a printing firm to advertise the event date, security firm charges #500k and event facility space #1.5m to accommodate an average of #10,000 crowds.. everything has been sorted except the extra security, advert and space.

I intend to recoup my investment from ticket entrance fees,VIP tables sales and food /drink vendors bookings.

Investors shall get atleast above 250% of their investment which will be paid within 48hours after the show.

To work with me, Call or WhatsApp 08162504225.

Re: How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. by Easyincome24: 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2023
Being principled without being disrespectful is a special skill at work.

You already know the said superior wanted you to do something against the laid down policy, which means you are principled and honest. Next is portraying such in a respectable manner which you lack.

Saying, "I'm sorry" , sometimes doesn't mean you are a weakling.

It's not only in corporate organisation but also in every facets of life.

Some unions become shadow of themselves because none of the parties want to sound Simps or weak. You already see what the results is nowadays, divorce, separation etc.

The above claim does not consider cheating or abuse, take note, it only means some union could have been saved if the parties could imbibe the spirit of correction with love.
Re: How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. by jaytii(f): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
darealez:

Sir, please forgive my confusion earlier today when you requested that I transfered diesel from the B4 Plant to the gallons handed to me by the guard. I was initially not clear about the instruction but I perfectly do understand now.

My apologies once again sir.

bcc: hr, coo, bm, rm, am, gm, ed...lol!

Blind copy always saves the day 😂 grin
Re: How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. by phemmyfour: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2023
Herdamorlar:
My immediate boss changed his attitude towards me after I told him to send a confirmation mail on what he asked me to do that is against the company policy (though I later did it without the mail after he shouted on me?).
All my colleagues in the office advised me to apologise and move on but I don't see anything I did wrong that warrant me to apologise. I know this will affect me during my appraisal coming up next month.
Please what do you think I should do and is there any polite way to tell your boss for confirmation mail? Because I know he will still ask me to do the same thing again tomorrow
Just apologize to have a peaceful working environment. It has nothing to do with who's right or wrong
Re: How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. by Dotman2210(m): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2023
Herdamorlar:
My immediate boss changed his attitude towards me after I told him to send a confirmation mail on what he asked me to do that is against the company policy (though I later did it without the mail after he shouted on me?).
All my colleagues in the office advised me to apologise and move on but I don't see anything I did wrong that warrant me to apologise. I know this will affect me during my appraisal coming up next month.
Please what do you think I should do and is there any polite way to tell your boss for confirmation mail? Because I know he will still ask me to do the same thing again tomorrow

OP you did the right thing, ignore those clowns saying obey your boss, when it is obvious it can put you in trouble, your boss should know better but he is just being selfish, you have actually did no wrong
Re: How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss. by bejick(m): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2023
[quote author=Herdamorlar post=123941544]My immediate boss changed his attitude towards me after I told him to send a confirmation mail on what he asked me to do that is against the company policy (though I later did it without the mail after he shouted on me?).
Please what do you think I should do and is there any polite way to tell your boss for confirmation mail? Because I know he will still ask me to do the same thing again tomorrow[/q

Check if he is the type that can deny or throw you under the bus when the chips are down. Always make sure you have strong evidence especially mail that you can pull out showing all he instruct you to do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Feel Less Tired After A Day's Work / Mental Health Issues In The Workplace / Help!! I Wanna Change My NIN Date Of Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.