Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Mental Health Issues In The Workplace - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mental Health Issues In The Workplace (8768 Views)

Maintaining Peace Between Gen Zs And Other Generations In The Workplace / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. / Benefits Of Having A Daycare In The Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Ideylook24: 8:00am On Nov 21, 2023
What is the best advise for a friend who is facing serious mental issues in his place of work. The environment in which this individual is working is very toxic and staff have been reduced to not using their initiative. There is pervasive fear in the environment on what happens next everyday. The joy of going to work is always precipitated by anxiety. Is it advisable for this individual to resign considering the current economic situation in Nigeria. Please advise. Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Biola67: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Authoreety: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
Simple, face your work and refuse to be stressed by any body..

Me na baba for that style... But when I'm ready to resign, i will give you back your dose in full quantity, pressed down and shaken together..

Some bosses can be crazy Sha,but silence is golden

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by BigBelleControl(m): 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
I worked in a company where we sat all day doing nothing except staring at our laptops.
The company installed a K9 software on the systems to block access to any external websites except the company's site.
We can't talk to each other except through phone chats.
Going to use the toilet was always a big relief and closing time was always like Christmas.

The CEO puffed his cigar away in his office and watched everyone from his office. Any little mistake or misbehavior triggered him.

Finally, I quit the job for a less-paying one but with a more friendly atmosphere.

If your mental health is affected, please quit.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by jtjohn(m): 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
Mental stress in the workplace is 100 percent real.

8 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by airsaylongcome: 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Get another job!
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Correctbro1: 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Your friend dey work for customer care??
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by vickthourh(m): 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bad colleagues, or probably stress from the house
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by omoredia: 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
A thread for sisses

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by HenryThegreat1(m): 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
Too bad
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Misterc(m): 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
No need for long sermons....
Nigeria is already a toxic place to be... The best thing anyone could do is quit a toxic job, relationship or toxic place....
If that ya friend die now.... The company go move on oooooo

16 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Voltron007(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
Lol this was me some 7yrs ago when I was still in Nigeria working for Legend.ng.

Everyday you wake up filled with regrets. cheesy

My advise: resign for your mental health.

6 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by oluwaseyi0: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
T
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Femisol(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
When praying for a job, also pray for a working environment that won’t lead you regrets, burnouts or depression.

9 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by BrickDevo: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
Please start looking for a new job or resign Asap, you will actually not be happy, you might feed less, or starve some days just to see that you do not finish the money at hand before getting another job,

but i tell it is better than running mad and loosing your cool.

Mental illness, Aids and cancer is the world deadliest illness that has no cure.

3 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Omojolaray(m): 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
just rem No friend @ work place ......just do your biz and mind your business ......no side talks,if u are bored read,sleep,eat .....your peace matters than the office ....rem you need the pay

3 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Olas121: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ideylook24:
What is the best advise for a friend who is facing serious mental issues in his place of work. The environment in which this individual is working is very toxic and staff have been reduced to not using their initiative. There is pervasive fear in the environment on what happens next everyday. The joy of going to work is always precipitated by anxiety. Is it advisable for this individual to resign considering the current economic situation in Nigeria. Please advise. Thank you

Be courageous and always have it in your mind that your job is another person work. Is one day you resume at the work and is one day you will leave the work by resign or sack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by onadana: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
Did they tie his legs there.For the sake of his life and sanity he should run for his life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Woodshot: 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
Life's too short. Brother man needs to prioritise his mental health above the money. Better he save up and be on the lookout for better days are ahead. Job designed to kill him should be given Gulf distance.

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Padipadi(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Parydelegate: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Thundafireseun: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
Voltron007:
Lol this was me some 7yrs ago when I was still in Nigeria working for Legend.ng.

Everyday you wake up filled with regrets. cheesy

My advise: resign for your mental health.

Nansense talk

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Oyindamolah: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
Let me lay out certain facts or opinions;

1. Most people dont like their jobs-we just do it becos we have no choice or we have got bills.

2. Employers/ Co-workers will always talk. Even if you are doing better and get promoted, you still have a chance of getting bitter energy.

3. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This is better than complaining or feeling bad. You have gained experience, apply for other jobs.

4. Plan your life and try to do what works for you. That means you need to please yourself and serve your organization as well.

5. Remember you are your number 1 cheer leader. Only you can choose to stay positive or negative even in a negative enviroment.

Let these two factors guide for you to be on the job or not.

1. Are you learning and improving on the job that could eventually make you to be self-employed in the next 2 to 3 years. If your answer is yes take it as a training or work in progress for the actualization of your dream.

2. If you must leave that job now surround yourself with people who can give you business ideas or that will encourage you to live and do well. Don't ask of this kind of advice from your family or your siblings. They will not support or encourage you because they may see you as a future liability should you quit your job. Only on rare occasions you have a sibling that can have your back and not slam it against the wall.

Inconclusion, kindly look for another job and here's a WhatsApp job group https://chat.whatsapp(.)com/CTbF7wWh8XHCmWr7ToIeha

2 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by flexyrule(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
Access bank employees would avoid this thread...

4 Likes

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by Goldierz(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2023
Alright
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by flexyrule(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
BigBelleControl:
I worked in a company where we sat all day doing nothing except staring at our laptops.
The company installed a K9 software on the systems to block access to any external websites except the company's site.
We can't talk to each other except through phone chats.
Going to use the toilet was always a big relief and closing time was always like Christmas.

The CEO puffed his cigar away in his office and watched everyone from his office. Any little mistake or misbehavior triggered him.

Finally, I quit the job for a less-paying one but with a more friendly atmosphere.

If your mental health is affected, please quit.
angry angry angry angry

Was it HK or loan shark?

1 Like

Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by SALLYBERRY01(m): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Mental Health Issues In The Workplace by BigBelleControl(m): 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
flexyrule:
angry angry angry angry

Was it HK or loan shark?
Nah! It was a consumer loyalty company.
Many top brands outsourced their services to us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Setting Up Your Own Soap Production Factory Cost Effectively / How To Get To The Top In Your Career / How To Politely Ask For Confirmation Mail From Boss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.