Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. (60293 Views)

Uk Dependents Visa / Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Pidaa: 6:55am On Jun 22, 2023
SIRTee15:

I dont care about your toilet opinion, if u know nothing about the nhs, better keep quiet.
Bros why u dey argue with somebody that have not left his village. If u where to see the guy u are arguing with in real life trust me u won't even talk to him talk less of arguing with them. Most people on nairaland are small children that just have opportunity to operate phone
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2023
JDistribute:
Nigerian government should take a cue, pay them back tit for tat, do what benefits us, stop being big brother or Mr nice guy. Let's pay the British in its own coin.

How? By asking them to "de-colonize" us or what exactly? How do you intend to do that?
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2023
olaniyilukman:
I hope you don't take your time to read the news or you are just typing out of ignorance, the reasons provided is a very loud able one and I commend the UK government for responding appropriately to this kind of stuff, not all countries can be like Nigeria whose borders is porous and has no plan for proper housing planning and provision of basic goods and services....
Why are you angry about my response, are you an advocate for the UK?

You have a slave mentality.
Ruskov:

How? By asking them to "de-colonize" us or what exactly? How do you intend to do that?
How old are you?
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by kay29000(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2023
brenister10:

You, re in the spirit. ZBank Plc Dugbe, Ibadan branch... Southampton UK 😂😂

Whoa! My zone.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by philipfrancis81(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2023
tobenuel:
Philippines, south Korea and Switzerland dey my mind for msc
if you no wan waste tour money no near South Korea.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 22, 2023
JDistribute:

How old are you?

Typical Nigerian , asking and responding with questions. I asked how exactly do you want to pay the Brits in their own coin? It's a simple question and it needs a simple answer.
"How old are you" doesn't come into play here. How exactly do you intend to pay a superpower nation that has colonized nearly half the countries on earth back for the wrong doings they meted out on black Africa? That's what I am asking you. Or you think if we stop giving them minerals , they won't get it elsewhere?

4 Likes

Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:
Walahi no be lie, like 2 friends enter UK with student dependency.

If Nigeria and our tertiary are up to the standard, why would Nigerians be studying in abroad when the reverse should have been the case

You'd vote and support a bad government for Nigeria, then come on travel section to seek a way out of the same Nigeria. grin
Dude , it's the Nigeria you wished for yourself, live in it.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by fotadmowmend(m): 7:07am On Jun 22, 2023
The fact is that wasting £10000 for travelling is just to much.... With even this kind of economy if u fit use #10 million do business trust me, people abroad with envy you if you manage it properly
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by eagleonearth(m): 7:08am On Jun 22, 2023
JDistribute:
Nigerian government should take a cue, pay them back tit for tat, do what benefits us, stop being big brother or Mr nice guy. Let's pay the British in its own coin.
you can't punish your "master" The Britons know the set of people in the corridors of power ever since till now and they are super sure they (Britons) can get away with anything as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Ladiesdream: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2023
atomicblessing:
Why are people stressing themselves and paying so much to travel abroad when they can earn in foreign currency and live big like a millionaire here in Nigeria?
princeapartments12@gmail.com abeg show me.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by wildikeman(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2023
Zupay:
This September/October UK school resumption, is the "last bus" for those coming with dependants.

A friend of mine who came as dependant showed me a WhatsApp group he belonged to, it has over 450 members.... all former staff of a particular commercial bank in Nigeria, who all don japa come UK as students or dependants.

What got me laughing was how they introduce themselves when they newly joined the group....I am (name), (branch), (last position held), (UK town or city presently in).....I don show, make una show me the way!😆😆😆😆

Imagine that...its shameful o
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by maasoap(m): 7:19am On Jun 22, 2023
nedekid:

Oboy, cancel Philippines, even south Korea. Nothing dey there from what I hear.
One my niggar land Kazakhstan about 1 month ago. Nigerians de really Waka ohh. I shock. Apperently, na even electronic visa, him no know, agent chop am 1.5m for ticket, 1.5 for visa. Visa weh free.
Such urge to japa him go Kazakhstan? shocked
grin grin grin
If you try to make dem see, dem no wan hear anything at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Kennydoc(m): 7:22am On Jun 22, 2023
MatrixCircle:
Nonesense talk. £2.1 billion was collected from Nigeria students by UK schools in 2022.
He didn't say that one. Na to mention over 300,000+ visas issued.
Why didn't he mentioned the total amount of money they made from us that boosted UK economy.
After them chop finish , they block us.

He only explained why they blocked people from coming with dependants. As beneficial as it is to their institutions, it is unsustainable because UK is a small country. Their housing infrastructure and other social amenities cannot support such influx.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Bigchristo: 7:23am On Jun 22, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:

DAILY POST
This is the outcome of the interview granted by that idiot who claimed that Nigerians doesn’t study they come to UK with their family n live there for a better life, you see some Nigerians are the problem we have in that country their fellow citizens are seen as their rival competing with each others for everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Jun 22, 2023
9jaRealist:

We have GBP2.1 billion (about N2.2T) to give to UK schools…
But will be doing “Aluta” any time fees are raised in Nigeria?!

Anyway, we largely get what we pay (or not pay) for. SMH undecided
>

Well, they didn't pay that huge amount of money for education, they paid it to travel and get jobs using education as cover grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by tobenuel(m): 7:28am On Jun 22, 2023
nedekid:

Oboy, cancel Philippines, even south Korea. Nothing dey there from what I hear.
One my niggar land Kazakhstan about 1 month ago. Nigerians de really Waka ohh. I shock. Apperently, na even electronic visa, him no know, agent chop am 1.5m for ticket, 1.5 for visa. Visa weh free.
Such urge to japa him go Kazakhstan? shocked
Omo Electronic visa, I'm just hearing it for the first time, tell us more o
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by stephenponti(m): 7:32am On Jun 22, 2023
inoki247:
Una problem if u like Ban ursef join ..

Nothing is so Special Abt the UK sef people be burning Over 10,000 pounds for modern slavery...

I will prefer such slavery than Open air concentration camp manned my evil machinations of APC.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

If Nigeria and our tertiary are up to the standard, why would Nigerians be studying in abroad when the reverse should have been the case
True.If our leaders would put self interest aside and invest heavily in Nigeria's infrastructural and socioeconomic development, nobody will be thinking of fleeing the country.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by inoki247: 7:36am On Jun 22, 2023
stephenponti:

I will prefer such slavery than Open air concentration camp manned my evil machinations of APC.

Lol safe journey whatever gives you happiness...

Nigeria has over 200m citizens even if everybody is given free Visa including Air fees and accomodations and no interview nothing nothing people that won't still leave won't leave....
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by pek(m): 7:37am On Jun 22, 2023
JDistribute:

What's your point?
You didn't make any.
He did. But you failed to see it

1 Like

Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by nedekid: 7:43am On Jun 22, 2023
tobenuel:
Omo Electronic visa, I'm just hearing it for the first time, tell us more o
From Google search
https://visalist.io/kazakhstan/visa-requirements/nigeria
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Nahunger(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2023
mistercharles:
the b in lgbtq simply means there’s only two valid gender lmao

😂😂😂
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by uuzba(m): 7:46am On Jun 22, 2023
JDistribute:

How old are you?
Why are you asking him his age?
Answer the question he asked you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Idoko619(m): 7:51am On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:

Is study the aim?
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Freelancer1(f): 7:59am On Jun 22, 2023
This September/October UK school resumption, is the "last bus" for those coming with dependants.

A friend of mine who came as dependant showed me a WhatsApp group he belonged to, it has over 450 members.... all former staff of a particular commercial bank in Nigeria, who all don japa come UK as students or dependants.

What got me laughing was how they introduce themselves when they newly joined the group....I am (name), (branch), (last position held), (UK town or city presently in).....I don show, make una show me the way!😆😆😆😆
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Allisgud: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2023
They should allow people to start investing in real estate na,build more houses,well I know Nigeria govt will even be happy for the banning,Dem no want make anybody Japa before
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by fabolouz1(m): 8:05am On Jun 22, 2023
Nigerians are the ones making other nations rich .
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by SIRTee15: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2023
philipfrancis81:

if you no wan waste tour money no near South Korea.

But my friend who went to South Korea said it's the best decision of her life.
She works as an English teacher.
Re: Why Our Govt Banned Dependents Visa For Nigerian Students – British High Comm. by Zealag(m): 8:18am On Jun 22, 2023
The JAPA syndrome might be coming to an end sooner than expected.

*Nigeria immigration delaying passport issuing
*Cost of flight and travel expenses
*Uk Visa policy etc

END OF AN ERA cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / Bride's Mother Dies While On Her Way To Daughter's Wedding Reception In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.