Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday (27970 Views)

Demolished Shops To Return To Owners – Kano APC Chairman, Supporters Celebrate / Re: Video: Tears As LASG Demolished Alaba International Market / Video: Tears As LASG Demolished Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Mrfixiit: 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Oh really

Sad for those invaders that were all over the place saying they own Lagos and intended to take over running it?

This is the only way to put them in their place.

You're a hateful entity, it will be hard for you to make it in life with this mentality
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by delpee(f): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
Zionmdde:

That has always been my point. I want lagos state to push Igbos away from the state. Leave lagos for yorubas and hausas. Of course all my days in lagos, effiong, ubong, etc were all call omo ibo, so nothing that affects ifeanyi from anambra will not affect ifeanyi from Delta.

Igbos need to learn to face home and together let's develop igbo land

You can't push anyone away. It doesn't even make sense. This idea of calling people omo ibo isn't nice. True omoluabis are respectful. The land thrives because it welcomes all. Yorubas are hospitable. Even when pushed to the wall, there are better ways of managing the situation.

In this instance, there's really no victimisation. Buildings are being demolished all over Lagos. It has affected other markets too apart from residential buildings.

1 Like

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by drololaaof: 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2023
eyesoflagos:

https://www.thecable.ng/alaba-traders-we-paid-n6m-to-lagos-on-thursday-the-government-demolished-our-shops-on-sunday/amp
Well only God can fight for you. Why is it Alaba market that was distressed now , where is the 2014 quit notice? Why is it not implemented then but now .
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Sharpsharp00123: 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2023
Zionmdde:

Of course not. It is called retail network. No matter where u buy it from, okoro's hand must be involved one way or the other
I wonder what u people would b saying now if dangote were to b an Igbo man

4 Likes

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by AntiMarxist: 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
Mrfixiit:
You're a hateful entity, it will be hard for you to make it in life with this mentality

I tell you say I like Okoro before ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by 2mch(m): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
Is it this same Sanwo Olu that was mocked by you people and derided that should listen or which one? Igbo as a whole have a level of collective foolishness that is very high. When you were doing Nzogbu Nzogbu in that market during elections, you people thought you were in the SE or where? Haaa! It is even worse because all those markets you are dancing in and claiming are formed on illegal land, which is actually allocated for something else. In all this, Obi has put Igbo’s in Lagos in a very bad situation. It is funny how it is Lagos Government being attacked when even if black people do that nonsense abroad, they will be targeted for deportation and the visa’s allocated for that group largely reduced.

As a whole, the emotional and thinking intelligence of that group is very low. They only think action, not consequences. The saddest part is they do group think a lot, so the dumbest and most insane out of them thinks for them. That is why it always backfires. They don’t listen to people with brain like Soludo.

Yoruba are very patient but we never forget. We are benevolent but when you betray us, you won’t escape it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by RussellRutherfo: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
There were tons of houses marked for demolishion and being demolished all over Lagos state.

Where can one see these houses marked for demolition?
What website?
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by visaclick: 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Abegi .

Nah buy and sell you dey do and nothing special at that.

Non Igbos who go into spare parts business are ganged up against by you Igbos and chased from the markets.

With this age of technology , who needs lock up shops.

One well established supply network with a single wharehouse can replace your entire presence in the SW .

very true. My laptop vendor at alaba is constantly being intimidated out of his space by them there. After so much oppression the hardworking boy was pushed to one nonsense leaking shop at the very back of the line very far from the road but i so much love the guy that I don’t mind leaving my car and walk to his place. They even refused to supply him electricity can you imagine. These guys are no long running a business but a cartel rig and that is why you see them ready to rob you at their shop.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Zionmdde: 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
saintrow1:

Talk is cheap, do it first and let us see it. get to work and stop crying victimisation. the entire gdp of SE is just the same as that of ogun state. lagos is not be your mate, yorubas made it an economic and maritime hub b4 colonisation when your forefathers were still running butt naked in the bush hunting rats 2 eat. With all the noise about unknown billionaires in Anambra we cant see nothing.
Yeah up up till now, yorubas tried in making their land conducive for business. Warri was once like that though until......
As for the economic bla bla bla, that Port in lagos and resources from SS, created it. Before u argue find out where the power thst sustains those companies come from

As for the unseen billionaires, u want to see them? Those men who owns the 2×2 shops. A clouded mind like u won't understand the kind of money they control. Ohhhh u haven't reached villages in anambra before, have you?
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by duro4chang(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Shut up. You don't demolish people's shops just after 2 weeks of notice. I don't blame you though, you have never invested in a business before to know how it's hurts losing millions
You should shut up. Victim mentality is not helping you. Find job.

4 Likes

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Hueyreckless0007: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
insidelife22:
If this was because of the last elections then I must say Tinubu\Sanwolu and Apc are petty.

Ure crying now? You people were soo confident about winning the election that you started insulting people forgetting there were going to be consequences.

Today, Lagos government is petty? Una neva see anything yet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by judility(m): 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
Your fathers sold your ancestral lands to attend Owanbe parties and spray money to Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey & Shina Peter, you grow up, instead of you to hustle and know if you can buy the lands back, you sold the remaining one and relocate to Sango, Ikorodu and other suburbs and spray the rest to Wasiu Ayinde, Pasuma Wonder and Small Doctor. Now the buyers of your lands are expanding and consolidating, you begin to cry like babies and start constituting go back to your land nuisance. Oga we are in the lands that we bought from you and will live comfortable on it because we pay you completely and even pay extra while building. You sold your lands and still wants to be landlord, no way. Oga even if you demolish the whole igbo man houses in lagos state, they will still buy more, demolish their market, they will still start and rebuild it, chase them to desert, they will still turn it to fertile land, we are Igbo is in our DNA even after their civil war, Igbo's property were abandon, Sold, and tag abandon property, we started from scratch now we own almost halve of lagos, Port harcourt and abuja, tell me a state were Igbo man does not have land, house or property, stop crying because you can never eat your cake and have it.
We conquered Lagos by proxy and would rule it one day.knw this and have peace
AntiMarxist:

Oh really

Sad for those invaders that were all over the place saying they own Lagos and intended to take over running it?

This is the only way to put them in their place.

1 Like

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by AntiMarxist: 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2023
judility:
Your fathers sold your ancestral lands to attend Owanbe parties and spray money to Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey & Shina Peter, you grow up, instead of you to hustle and know if you can buy the lands back, you sold the remaining one and relocate to Sango, Ikorodu and other suburbs and spray the rest to Wasiu Ayinde, Pasuma Wonder and Small Doctor. Now the buyers of your lands are expanding and consolidating, you begin to cry like babies and start constituting go back to your land nuisance. Oga we are in the lands that we bought from you and will live comfortable on it because we pay you completely and even pay extra while building. You sold your lands and still wants to be landlord, no way. Oga even if you demolish the whole igbo man houses in lagos state, they will still buy more, demolish their market, they will still start and rebuild it, chase them to desert, they will still turn it to fertile land, we are Igbo is in our DNA even after their civil war, Igbo's property were abandon, Sold, and tag abandon property, we started from scratch now we own almost halve of lagos, Port harcourt and abuja, tell me a state were Igbo man does not have land, house or property, stop crying because you can never eat your cake and have it.

Did not read .

4 Likes

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by duro4chang(m): 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2023
Blaze14k:

When u stop talking like a tout and use it number six to reason properly then may be ur parents and siblings may find u useful
Stop victim mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by OsunOriginal: 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
eyesoflagos:

https://www.thecable.ng/alaba-traders-we-paid-n6m-to-lagos-on-thursday-the-government-demolished-our-shops-on-sunday/amp

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Are there still shops standing there? They should level the place, rebuild into a modern market, and sell them to sons/friends of the soil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by 2mch(m): 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
Zionmdde:

Yeah up up till now, yorubas tried in making their land conducive for business. Warri was once like that though until......
As for the economic bla bla bla, that Port in lagos and resources from SS, created it. Before u argue find out where the power thst sustains those companies come from

As for the unseen billionaires, u want to see them? Those men who owns the 2×2 shops. A clouded mind like u won't understand the kind of money they control. Ohhhh u haven't reached villages in anambra before, have you?
No resource in SS did anything in Lagos. That Lagos port was in existence and working before the British and before Nigeria discovered oil. These are facts. This is why even the British ran from Calabar to Lagos, to put their capital. It is because of the access to the Ocean and the natural port. Before the British, we have been doing business with Portuguese. So what are you talking about that the British built port and Lagos? The culture for development in Lagos is actually a indegenous Lagosian trait. Not from any external influence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Zionmdde: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
I wonder what u people would b saying now if dangote were to b an Igbo man
Lol
Dangote is an hausa man na. Oya go and tell that to an aboki shinning shoe, or maruwa guys. You people worship individuals too much. Dangote being yoruba will not put a kobo in your pocket.

And less I forget if dangote is Igbo, I will still say he is a greedy wicked man.
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by AntiMarxist: 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
judility:

The only thing my forefathers sold was Igbo slaves

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Zionmdde: 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2023
2mch:

No resource in SS did anything in Lagos. That Lagos port was in existence and working before the British and before Nigeria discovered oil. These are facts. This is why even the British ran from Calabar to Lagos, to put their capital. It is because of the access to the Ocean and the natural port. Before the British, we have been doing business with Portuguese. So what are you talking about that the British built port and Lagos? The culture for development in Lagos is actually a indegenous Lagosian trait. Not from any external influence.
So the manufacturing companies in ogun state that u are boasting of, how do they power their companies? Or Nepa gives them light? Or with ur 800/litre diesel?. Do u know how many of them closed down before the resources from SS entered SW fully?

Of course u think am talking about oil money. But keep doing yoruba yoruba, one day some people will awaken to the "its our thing" mentality. All they need is to turn a valve clockwise or anticlockwise and companies begin to fold up in ur ogun state

Or less I forget, yorubas created the port, lol. They connected lagos to the ocean. Well done
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Mboi: 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
duro4chang:
Victim mentality. Soludo destroyed buildings in Onitsha
I'm sure you didn't read or bad mind has covered your eyes too. Did Soludo collect N6m from them?
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Invest4growth: 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
I do not think we need to cause tension over the matter. The buildings were dilapidated and risky to human lives. The traders should rebuild magnificient and better structures. They must obtain the necessary approvals and the future for everybody will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by shortgun(m): 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
AntiMarxist:

If you must remain , then behave and stop whining about some imaginary victimisation and obey all laws, eddicts and pronouncement .

But you no want Biafra again ?

You think when we grant you your Alaigbo Biafra you will be roaming freely between Nigeria and your Biafra ?

Useless shameless people
Your entire generation is useless!
Smelly animal, God will punish you and your useless harlot mother who failed as a parent.

Foolish brainless idi*t

1 Like

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Mboi: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The only thing my forefathers sold was Igbo slaves
And the Igbo slaves chased you away from your father's land.
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Blaze14k: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
duro4chang:
Stop victim mentality.

Stop irrational way of thinking. Anything A says B will follow suit. Do some findings before u open ur mouth to some serious issues like this. These are people properties destroyed after they paid 6miliion as fine. They don't even know the building was marked for demolition since 2016 yet most of the buildings there are in good. Do you know funny part, that land will be given to Chinese company. So brother tell me how this is a victim mentality. Is it not wickedness abi u no get sense of reasoning anymore. See it high time u guys make it clear u don't want igbos in lagos so we can move out. What crime did they commit. You all think this funny until u get what ur looking for

1 Like

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Zionmdde: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
delpee:

You can't push anyone away. It doesn't even make sense. This idea of calling people omo ibo isn't nice. True omoluabis are respectful. The land thrives because it welcomes all. Yorubas are hospitable. Even when pushed to the wall, there are better ways of managing the situation.

In this instance, there's really no victimisation. Buildings are being demolished all over Lagos. It has affected other markets too apart from residential buildings.
So u think an Igbo man, who did not revolt when heavily taxed by all sorts of agberos, an igbo woman who cannot sell what a yoruba woman sells in the market, are pushing yorubas to the wall. As per fighting yorubas u mean? Have u ever hear an Igbo man in any non igbo state fighting anyone?.
So it's exercising their franchise that is pushing yorubas to the wall?

Nah actually I pray for a mass exodus of Igbos from Lagos, it will awaken the spirit of thinking home. At least for the unborn generation

1 Like

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by 2mch(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2023
Zionmdde:

So the manufacturing companies in ogun state that u are boasting of, how do they power their companies? Or Nepa gives them light? Or with ur 800/litre diesel?. Do u know how many of them closed down before the resources from SS entered SW fully?

Of course u think am talking about oil money. But keep doing yoruba yoruba, one day some people will awaken to the "its our thing" mentality. All they need is to turn a valve clockwise or anticlockwise and companies begin to fold up in ur ogun state

Or less I forget, yorubas created the port, lol. They connected lagos to the ocean. Well done
You are obviously crazy and thinking upside down. I have clearly told you that the port existed before the British and before oil was discovered but you are holding on to a delusional belief. Oil this and that! What was Nigeria surviving on before oil was discovered nuisance? Do those states which now have oil, will they refund the money to states whose agricultural produce were used to feed them? By the way the revenue Lagos generates which these same oil states still get a share and your useless states in SE eat out of, who is going to refund us? Yet your useless Governors eat all our money and you still come to Lagos being a great nuisance and insulting us on top. You are not well.

So the industries in Ogun state were built with oil money? LMAO. What happened. How come the SS states did not use their money to also build industries in Ogun State. You are even claiming private investments as oil money. You are sick. Carry your load and enter SE my friend if e sure for you and stop showing your foolishness here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by Zionmdde: 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
2mch:

You are obviously crazy and thinking upside down. I have clearly told you that the port existed before the British and before oil was discovered but you are holding on to a delusional belief. Oil this and that! What was Nigeria surviving on before oil was discovered nuisance? Do those states which now have oil, will they refund the money to states whose agricultural produce were used to feed them? By the way the revenue Lagos generates which these same oil states still get a share and your useless states in SE eat out of, who is going to refund us? Yet your useless Governors eat all our money and you still come to Lagos being a great nuisance and insulting us on top. You are not well.

Lol, still talking about oil. Have u seen why it is not in the best interest of yorubas to awaken the "it is our thing spirit?" Small boy am not talking about oil, oil does not generate power. But u see that thing that generates that power, once it ceases, companies will start falling. Go and find out why buhari spent trillions on akk project.
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by AntiMarxist: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
Mboi:
And the Igbo slaves chased you away from your father's land.

Lol

The only people that have been running since 1967 are you Igbos.

You think you are conversing with a Yoruba ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by 2mch(m): 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
Zionmdde:

Lol, still talking about oil. Have u seen why it is not in the best interest of yorubas to awaken the "it is our thing spirit?" Small boy am not talking about oil, oil does not generate power. But u see that thing that generates that power, once it ceases, companies will start falling. Go and find out why buhari spent trillions on akk project.
Guy forget story. Is there a big demon in SE that it is so scary when people tell you to go home and develop it? We are tired of your so called development. SE is not a dangerous dungeon. It is heaven, filled with progress and no sit at home on Monday. De go na, why all this story? You will think with all the mouth you people have, there is backup somewhere in SE. but the way you people are always crying if they tell you to go home, be like even you know SE is hell but lack humility.

They did not tell Ghanaians to go home this much before they all left. But Igbo’s are screaming, crying, threatening! What exactly is in SE that is so dangerous

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by ello29(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
eyesoflagos:

Lagos state government should refund all the money paid as claim back to them or else EFCC and DSS will go after the state government.
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by jaxxy(m): 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2023
This is disheartening. They cud have used thst 6m to build a new shopping complex.
Re: Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday by visaclick: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
ba7man:
I'm always the weak link letting them in and this one is already towing that their usual path I was warned about.

I'll deal with him quietly as usual. Their boasts online fuels me offline.

There's another developer that sold my friend a defective apartment and they're busy grandstanding.

They have no idea LASBCA is looking for their type to drain their purses and run them out of business.

One phonecall and submission of a petition against them will halt their operations no matter how big they are.

i like what am reading from you. I am not then but i ve been dupped countless times by them. Was it when i bought an ac or an lg tv i never used, or should I remember growing up when i was dupped of my symbian phone or was it just last year here i got scammed via a Samsung Tv i wanted to buy just to replace the lg tv i was scammed of? How many will i say, like this am almost scared to do business with any other them because of past experience and then on another place you see them jubilantly calling themselves businessmen and they are succeeding in business when infact it’s stealing they are into and taking advantage of peoples meekness. It’s too much

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ten Things I Would Do If I Were The President Of Nigeria / Electricity Tariff Hike Set For October – FG / PDP Will Win Next Year Presidential Election - Saraki Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.