Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! (7860 Views)

Ideas To Study In Turkey. / Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / Life In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by moneyquest: 11:33am On Oct 03, 2011
From my research, there are highly rated universities in Turkey and their school fees seem affordable. I doubt whether their student visa application process is laborious. Please if you are a student studying in Turkey or planning to study in Turkey, we need your views on the general application processes and the student life over there as I am applying for Feb 2012 start date. Lets have your say, please!
Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by pedro26: 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
Alright guy pls paste link for the school I am very interested to do so
Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by mrolododo: 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
I have already apply for my master in Istanbul Aydin University and am awaiting my admission letter, as soon as i get it i will begin the visa process because i intend to travel early so i can settle fast and look for business opportunities in turkey. i have a registered company in Nigeria and i will be doing Import and Export Business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by olaoluwa13: 11:40am On Jan 07, 2012
@mrolododo,i want to apply for bsc program when are dey goin to start admission for dis year,i mean aydin
Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by mrolododo: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
olaoluwa13:

@mrolododo,i want to apply for bsc program when are dey goin to start admission for dis year,i mean aydin

i don't know but you can confirm from the school and there other high ranked and affordable university in Turkey just do your research. but any time you make it down to turkey don't forget you have a friend there.

my letter is out now and i pray that the strike should not be too long as i have all supporting document ready for my visa.

i cant wait to leave this country
Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by opad(m): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2012
Hmmm I smell something,
Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by jidewin(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2012
@opad, what you smell was nothing but 'fresh air of EXODUS OF POTENTIAL NIGERIANS'.hehheheheheheh
Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by fili24: 12:03am On Jan 11, 2012
Turkey is a very expensive country to live in, you must have a strong financial backing if u plan to study in turkey, I once stayed in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir,

1 Usd is 1.8 Turkish lira
Re: Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here! by acidflux: 5:14am On Jan 11, 2012
My brother transferred from unilag to bogazici university in Instanbul. It's a highly ranked american university (they teach in english) in Turkey so they tuition is fairly expensive (Think going to BIS, secondary school in Nigeria).
The higher ranked universities are also expensive (although not as much) but be prepared to
1) Go to the country early and learn the language before school starts if it's not an english university
2) They don't have much as far as jobs, at least for internationals. At best, you will probably make enough to live (rent+food)
3) You probably won't be finding scholarships lying around, be prepared to cough out some dough.
4) For countries that are not very westernized and don't speak english (read not america or UK), trust me, you don't want to get stuck there not going to school. It's harder to get jobs because you're a foreigner and more alone. There's usually bits of the racial discrimination (didn't experience any in turkey) and immigration/police will not be so kind.
5) The application process may be a long thing because of the language barrier and some of the universities don't have a strong internet presence.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just setting worst case expectations so you tie your shoes if you want to run this race.

(1) (Reply)

Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk / How Can I Stay Safe When I Arrive In Nigeria? / Woman Loses 11.8 Million Naira To US Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.