Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials (16416 Views)

FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. / INEC: No Presidential Candidate Indicated Placeholder When Submitting Nomination / No Presidential Broadcast On COVID-19 Updates Today - Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by blamingthedevil: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2023
NO PRESIDENTIAL APPROVAL FOR SALARY INCREASE FOR POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS AND JUDICIAL OFFICERS

We have followed with consternation the viral story of the purported 114% increase in the salary of the President, Vice President, elected Federal and State political office holders and judicial officers.

We state without any equivocation that President Bola Tinubu has not approved any salary increase, and no such proposal has been brought before him for consideration.

While we recognise that it is within the constitutional remit of Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission to propose and fix salaries and allowances of political office holders and Judicial Officers, such can not come to effect until it has equally been considered and approved by the President.

It is important to note that RMAFC, through its Public Relations Manager, has responded to this fake story being circulated and has already set the record straight.

However, that this unfounded story gained prominence on social media and in a section of mainstream media, again, brings to the fore the danger fake news poses to the society and our national well-being. The misinformation was, obviously, contrived to create ill-will for the new administration, slow down the upward momentum and massive goodwill the Tinubu-led administration is currently enjoying among Nigerians as a result of its fast paced, dynamic and progressive policies.

It is important to reiterate to journalists, media managers, and members of the public that stories on government activities and policy issues that do not emanate from approved official communication channels should be ignored.

Media practitioners are enjoined to, at all times, cross-check their stories to ensure accurate reportage, which is the hallmark of responsible journalism.

Dele Alake
Special Adviser, Special Duties, Communications & Strategy

June 22, 2023

https://twitter.com/DOlusegun/status/1671869474763423745

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by aieromon(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
Any information that does not emanate or receive a co-sign from the NTA should be disregarded as fake news.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by mycryoto: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Alright

1 Like

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Sermwell(m): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
They are still actually going to approve it!!

The policies of this government will soon bite harder! Some persons will come here and claim is not for them and thier families, but let's just wait and see!!

I heard school fees will now range between 100k-200k, and we will have alot of drop outs!

Some nitwits also think they will qualify for the phantom student loans, but have forgotten that these same politicians will divert the money to thier families and friends! grin grin

38 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by fastseo: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
fuel subsidy gone
dollar subsidy gone
employment zero
insecurity high

after gathering the few money I have just to escape, I went to immigration to do a passport. those criminals charged me 80k to process it else I should wait till further notice and I finally got it @80k.
then this year tinubu came and removed subsidy on dollars making payment of school fees, travelling expenses, proof of funds more expensive like times 2.

I ran to black market to buy dollars because accessing it through banks form a takes almost a year now . I open dorm account and deposit the money.. bank said I can't send money abroad that the money must be earned outside shocked

I ran back to continue processing it through cbn form a instrument. which has been in process since 4 months now and some people have been there since 6 months and admission is almost ending. cbn through the bank said I have to wait till they get Dollars cry meanwhile just last month they asked us to pay for tax clearance TCC of almost 150,000 before we can access services from CBN excluding other charges of which we have all paid.
how can a student pay for tax when he is not working?

what are we even enjoying from the government again?

no job, no benefits, hunger everyday.

but they are quick to increase their salaries over 100%.
the poor is no longer breathing oh.. we are suffocating

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Mitsurugi(m): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Apparently testing the mic no work grin

14 Likes

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Lannyjoe4u: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Gbam
Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by RingRoadMafia: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by TinubuDcrook: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
APC and gaslighting syndrome.

I entered Nigeria Air today from Abuja to Paris .

Thank you baba Buhari thank you baba sniff Bola

Think corn first
I love you

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Cheryph200(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
People that new salary increases are the masses

1 Like

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by unitysheart(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
aieromon:
Any information that does not emanate or receive a co-sign from the NTA should be regarded as fake news.

Absolutely.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by landmark86: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
St*pid people
Masses are suffering but they thinking on how to their salary.

5 Likes

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Winters23: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
grin
Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by obembet(f): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
Oseni Rufai and those useless Obidient no mean well for this country, they are just desperate for power.

Thank God for NTA

Werey Obi no even try to confirm they news before he begins to yarn nonsense. Let see how propaganda will lead them.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Wizardslayer: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
What about presidential approval for for poverty alleviation

2 Likes

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Roger3D(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023

1 Like

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by atobs4real(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
I don't believe the news from onset. Its from the Obedient tongue embarassed kiss

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Btruth: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
It is well

1 Like

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Thekaghan: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
I knew it was all lies from the fake news merchants grin. Even if they were going to do something of such it won’t be at the start of the regime

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Racoon(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
Take it or leave it, anything vehemently denied by this lying APC government of fraudsters is absolutely true.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by SaintLucia: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
Igbo make una know from this Jagaban administration that any news not from NTA is fake. Don't allow Rufai and his TV station that is trying to Arise give you fake hope. Election don finish Jagaban is now your president grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Same man chopping big pension from Lagos whereas Obi is not taking any pension from Anambra.If Nigerians did not condemn it,I am sure they would have go on with it.Obi will cut down cost of Governance by 80% when he reclaims his mandate

6 Likes

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Racoon(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
obembet:
Oseni Rufai and those uselet Obidient no mean well for this cot
It not even Obidient that initiated the news my dear but Tinubu supporters who were justifying it as a carry over reform of the catastrophic Buhari’s government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
LET THE NEWS FLOW FREELY,

VERY SOON THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT,

THE MASSES ARE SUFFERING SERIOUSLY NOW,

THE PRESIDENT AND ITS GOV SHOULD ACT FAST ON THIS ONE.

THANKS TO ALL THE NAIRALANDERS PREACHERS AND EVANGELISTS KEEP IT UP.

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.
Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by Risingblue008(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Anything our government deny,
Take it say na true

4 Likes

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by muykem: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Many people are not knowledgeable enough to know that it is just a proposal yet to be approved by the president.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by ponlear(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
And they got over 100% salary raise?
Who’s fooling who?

3 Likes

Re: No Presidential Approval For Salary Increase For Political & Judicial Officials by cyprus000: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Why attacking the media, when they simply conveyed what an official of RMAFC said.

Why not point finger at the official instead

The media were on their own before the official decided to run mouth.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / When Yorubas Travel We Dont Do Interstate, We Go International / We Support Buhari's Plan To Subsidize Fuel - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.