Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible (575 Views)

Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' / Debris Of Chinese Rocket May Hit Abuja This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by Faithdamy(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
In a dramatic announcement today, the US Coast Guard revealed the discovery of a debris field on the ocean floor during the search for the missing Titanic submersible.

The field was located by the Odysseus 6k, a remote operated vehicle (ROV) deployed by the Canadian vessel, the Horizon Arctic, with the capability to dive up to 20,000 feet underwater.

While officials have not yet confirmed whether the debris belongs to the missing 21-foot vessel, a press conference has been scheduled for 3pm EST (10pm BST) to discuss the findings.

The Coast Guard’s statement brings a devastating development to the search mission, which had been characterized as a rescue effort rather than a recovery operation by US authorities.

The global community has been holding onto hope, praying for a miraculous outcome, despite estimates from rescuers that the submersible’s vital oxygen supply would have depleted at 7.08am EST (12.08pm UK time, 9.09pm Sydney). Yesterday, a glimmer of hope emerged when the Coast Guard confirmed the detection of consistent “banging” noises by P-3 aircraft.

However, search teams were unable to locate the source of the sounds or confirm if they were the long-awaited SOS signals. As of now, the families of the five men aboard the submersible have not publicly responded to the news of the debris discovery

SOURCE: https://freshreporters.com/debris-field-discovered-in-search-for-missing-titanic-submersible/

1 Share

Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
That’s the end!

Submersible bowed to water pressure!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by Android7(f): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2023
So sad
Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by jargonzboi(m): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2023
Water pressure is scary.
Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by juman(m): 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2023
I find it difficult to connect it together.
Such items might be there from other source.
Human continuously polluting the sea.
Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by Depriest2020: 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2023
The same powers that sank the Titanic did this too. Had they went along with LORD sea man schnapps or at least ZAZZU Bitters, they would have paid libation to the gods of the sea when the waters became turbulent.
RIP to them. People neglect little things, but we are told to give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

1 Like

Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
juman:
I find it difficult to connect it together.
Such items might be there from other source.
Human continuously polluting the sea.

Verified samples and debris were located. We are talking about a team of naval experts and scientists. They definitely know what they talking about.
Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by juman(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
May God forgive me.
I dont have sympathy for them.
They went to the bottom of the ocean with that tiny equipment.
It was death mission.
Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by savcy(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2023
My God, what on earth must have happened to such a high-tech vessel? It's just so depressing that help is searching for them, yet they cannot be found. Perhaps an animal got them. What kind of animal at that depth? Bugs my mind. Chai.
Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by juman(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2023
If I should go to such mission, I would go with egbe that can return me back home any moment.

1 Like

Re: Debris Field Discovered In Search For Missing Titanic Submersible by JOemmy(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
The vessel was badly constructed according to experts 13,000ft is no joke.

(1) (Reply)

Reaction Of Cross Rivers Governor After 3 Medical Students Drown In Calabar / Help Or Advice Needed Urgently For A Brother In Manchester / Dubai Visa Experts:48 Hrs Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.