Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? (595 Views)

What Is Salesforce Marketing Cloud? / Between Salesforce And AWS / How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by Utonwanne(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hello, my people, good afternoon.

So I have a friend that is undergoing Salesforce Administrator's certification. We know how the country dae. Nobody want to waste his/her time with a useless certificate.

She asked for my advice but I don't know much about this particular certification. She wants to know about the possibility of getting a job with a Salesforce Administrator's certificate, especially in Nigeria. Also, can one easily get a role working remotely - say US, UK, etc?

Is it advisable for her to continue with the program or to change to a more popular one? Thank you.
Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
If it was like 2020 I for say it's not a waste but as of now things choke o, except you will get the certificate and find a way to enter UK and other places. Your friend can still try though. Everyone's destiny is different.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by Utonwanne(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
If it was like 2020 I for say it's not a waste but as of now things choke o, except you will get the certificate and find a way to enter UK and other places. Your friend can still try though. Everyone's destiny is different.

Thank you.

She will be taking the course with ALX. She can still change to any of the following :

Software Engineering
Cloud Practitioner
Data Analysis
Data Science

Which of the above would you recommend?
Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by airsaylongcome: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
Utonwanne:

Thank you.

She will be taking the course with ALX. She can still change to any of the following :

Software Engineering
Cloud Practitioner
Data Analysis
Data Science

The first questions would be what is her interest in? And why is she trying to get into tech roles?
Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
Utonwanne:

Thank you.

Software Engineering
Cloud Practitioner
Data Analysis
Data Science

None to be honest especially if you are located in Nigeria. It's not easy grabbing an entry level tech role in any field. There's just too much competition at the entry level in Nigeria now. She can learn anything and reduce her expectations
Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 24, 2023
All online certificates are a waste of time

Better to do a research project than waste your time getting a Stoopid cert
Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by lastkingsman: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

None to be honest especially if you are located in Nigeria. It's not easy grabbing an entry level tech role in any field. There's just too much competition at the entry level in Nigeria now. She can learn anything and reduce her expectations

https://twitter.com/bahdcoder/status/1672574817734729730?t=lzQtQCiw1ISxVLVCttoa9g&s=19

Wow. Even remote jobs for intermediate are difficult to find. How true is this?
Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
lastkingsman:

https://twitter.com/bahdcoder/status/1672574817734729730?t=lzQtQCiw1ISxVLVCttoa9g&s=19

Wow. Even remote jobs for intermediate are difficult to find. How true is this?

That's the unfortunate truth.
Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by DissTroy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

That's the unfortunate truth.

Well, most techies are doing exactly what people with traditional skills are doing - trying to a get a job.

Offer value by solving problems then see how it'd improve. There are opportunities even in your neighbourhood your tech skills can solve.

If you're a web developer, partner with a copywriter who does SEO and an online bidder with social media traction to build websites and manage digital presence for brand. Pitch it so the brands see what they'd gain.

The remote jobs should just be an extra source of income.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
DissTroy:

Well, most techies are doing exactly what people with traditional skills are doing - trying to a get a job.

Offer value by solving problems then see how it'd improve. There are opportunities even in your neighbourhood your tech skills can solve.

If you're a web developer, partner with a copywriter who does SEO and an online bidder with social media traction to build websites and manage digital presence for brand. Pitch it so the brands see what they'd gain.

The remote jobs should just be an extra source of income.

There are no opportunities in Nigeria. To be honest, I don't see how the unemployment will be solved without government intervention. Alx is training 40k people. There's only 150 tech jobs in Nigeria. Other African countries have zero.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by DissTroy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

There are no opportunities in Nigeria. To be honest, I don't see how the unemployment will be solved without government intervention. Alx is training 40k people. There's only 150 tech jobs in Nigeria. Other African countries have zero.
ALX is training 40,000 people who want jobs. The SMART ones acquire these skills then seek to offer solutions to everyday people and businesses with these skills.

The unemployment is high everywhere else too.

While you learn overly-specialized skills, learn generalist technical skills too.

If you're a web developer, there's no reason you shouldn't learn visual design skills like graphic, product, and UI design. Take copywriting courses too to learn conversion copywriting and SEO (at least fundamentally).

How much is a standard website, for example? How much when you add those add-on services? How much when you are on a retainer by the client for a digital brand management plan?

I'd rather not go into personal specifics but I do these things so it's not theory. Acquire specialized and generalist technical skills too. As a web dev, I do sales copy and visual designs too so there's reoccurring services with brands I onboard.

I'm still crafting out systems to take in more and keep them as re-occuring payments.
---

It's applicable to cybersecurity too.

The essence of tech should be solving problems. There are everyday problems around you you can solve which aren't always shiny with media fanfare with tech and get laid for such.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Good Is Salesforce Administrator Certificate? by AfDapone: 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Utonwanne:
Hello, my people, good afternoon.

So I have a friend that is undergoing Salesforce Administrator's certification. We know how the country dae. Nobody want to waste his/her time with a useless certificate.

She asked for my advice but I don't know much about this particular certification. She wants to know about the possibility of getting a job with a Salesforce Administrator's certificate, especially in Nigeria. Also, can one easily get a role working remotely - say US, UK, etc?

Is it advisable for her to continue with the program or to change to a more popular one? Thank you.

She need to learn transferable skills along, which from one of your comments she's already doing with ALX.

(1) (Reply)

Help, This Is What My Whatsapp Business Displays Each Time I Try To Register / I Need Web Development Books / Excel Expect Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.